What's new

Modi's initiatives to make Hindi lingua franca

I had an english tutor back in the school, he used to teach us english in hindi and said hindi is the future. :o:

This is English media, hardly know much about the common people of India, it only talks about elitists views.

isnt Hindi already commonly used there for communication etc? ..like we have urdu here?

Most major countries have a de facto national language.

In America and Britain it is English (even though a large percentage of their populations are not native English speakers), in Germany it is German, in Japan it is Japanese.

Do you think Germans originally spoke the same language, a few hundred years ago? No, they were many different tribes with many different languages.

But as long as the de facto language is a native language, I don't see any reason why it should erode "cultural heritage" or anything like that.

I'm a native Cantonese speaker, but I learned Mandarin when I was young because that's the best way to communicate with other Chinese people. It's a common Chinese language, which reinforces Chinese culture rather than weakening it.

Hindi is not a Native language - its Indo European and it does not represent "Indian" culture but Muslim Mughal culture , the only native language and culture to ' India" is Dravidian and Tamil

Not really. In fact it won't change ever. Constitutionally 17+ languages have the same standing as Hindi. Hindi is an official language, not state language. This is a State Subject. :)
which is the state lang then?

which is the state lang then?

Hindi and English are working officially languages of Indian government with 22 officially recognized languages. Each state have their own official language.

Hindi is not a Native language - its Indo European and it does not represent "Indian" culture but Muslim Mughal culture , the only native language and culture to ' India" is Dravidian and Tamil

Hindi was dropped to earth by Martians. :crazy_pilot::big_boss: :eek::lol:

Will you care to explain why it's classed amongst the INDIC branch of INDO-European languages if it doesnt have anything to do with India and it's natives? :coffee:

Hindi is an ugly language to write..its like somebody put their undergarments in a rope.. @arp2041. :cool::cool::p
Malayalam looks like jalebis :angel:

220px-Malayalam.svg.png
images

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom