What's new

Modi's initiatives to make Hindi lingua franca

UP and Biharis usually are either very good with English or are extremely horrible. Middle section is usually Lacking in North Indians.

True.. True..I remember my Bihari chemistry prof. in 10th class- Ester is a esweet esmelling esubstance.

UP and Biharis usually are either very good with English or are extremely horrible. Middle section is usually Lacking in North Indians.
Born and brought up in northern India I know that there's a middle category.

PM makes a point about Hindi

As Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday interacted with students across the nation for over an hour, he made it a point to respond to each question in Hindi, though many of these questions were posed in English from students from non-Hindi speaking regions in the south and northeast of the country.

While students from Imphal in Manipur, Tinsukia in Assam, Leh in Ladakh, Thiruvanamalai in Tamil Nadu and even a few schools in Delhi put their questions to the prime minister in English, Modi invariably responded in Hindi, with a few English words thrown in.

The interactive session between Modi and students across the country was held at Manekshaw Centre in Delhi Cantt. after Modi addressed the students on Teachers' Day.

The message was simple: Hindi is to be the lingua franca of this nationalist government, and not English as before. Even during his recent visit to Japan, Modi conversed and spoke largely in Hindi, responding in English only to elaborate a point.

In his interactions with visiting foreign leaders, Modi prefers Hindi, unlike previous prime ministers who switched to English to converse with foreign leaders. World over, interpreters are always present in conversations between heads of state and government, especially those who are not conversant with English.

Literally, who is this IDIOT in Deccan Herald???

Modi's english is not good thus he responded in Hindi, Now will you HANG him for that???

Not going to lie, the albino girl at 7:60 tripped me up. :D

Modi looks like he got no sleep.
I had a really bad experience, during my freshman year. I was messing around at a desi party and mistook one such girl for an American. Wasn't a pretty scene to say the least. :fie:

Modi simply sucks in spoken english................no big deal about it.
The article is absolute trash.

Plus no need to go gung ho on regional languages,,,,english is the future
I had an english tutor back in the school, he used to teach us english in hindi and said hindi is the future. :o:

oh by the way, for people who are offended by my post to Arya Desa, please pay no mind,

I am just trolling the guy :D

I had a really bad experience, during my freshman year. I was messing around at a desi party and mistook one such girl for an American. Wasn't a pretty scene to say the least. :fie:

I had an english tutor back in the school, he used to teach us english in hindi and said hindi is the future. :o:

stupid man............no wonder u started drinking so heavily afterwards due to being disillusioned at that statement:lol:

Literally, who is this IDIOT in Deccan Herald???

Modi's english is not good thus he responded in Hindi, Now will you HANG him for that???

Just to add to my point, if there the biggest group of people who can be called HYPOCRITES then it's called INDIANS.

We are the only group, who keep a colonial language above our own language..........

look down to people who can't speak english........

No English means No Job...........

It happens ONLY in India!!!

oh by the way, for people who are offended by my post to Arya Desa, please pay no mind,

I am just trolling the guy :D

U should be banned,,u are a worthless,useless and troll poster.
Let this be a warning to the troll arse of yours:mad:

I don't get the debate anyway. Keralites, Kannadigas and Telugus are pretty laidback about their language and in recent years, as @levina will tell you, a lot of them are learning Hindi to communicate with North Indian immigrants.

This whole language war is overhyped and blown beyond proportion. Have patience, Hindi will become even more popular in the south. People don't even have to chest thump or whatever.

stupid man............no wonder u started drinking so heavily afterwards due to being disillusioned at that statement:lol:
yeah took me a while to over come that indoctrination. I literally had too wash it off with Jagadari No 1.

I don't get the debate anyway. Keralites, Kannadigas and Telugus are pretty laidback about their language and in recent years, as @levina will tell you, a lot of them are learning Hindi to communicate with North Indian immigrants.

This whole language war is overhyped and blown beyond proportion. Have patience, Hindi will become even more popular in the south. People don't even have to chest thump or whatever.

U still here even after my strongly worded warning:mad:

Just to add to my point, if there the biggest group of people who can be called HYPOCRITES then it's called INDIANS.

We are the only group, who keep a colonial language above our own language..........

look down to people who can't speak english........

No English means No Job...........

It happens ONLY in India!!!
Ho gaya?? :butcher:

Those who can't speak HINDI should go to Pakistan!!! :angry:

U still here even after my strongly worded warning:mad:

I am an Indian guy, No means yes in my book :azn:

Those who can't speak HINDI should go to Pakistan!!! :angry:

@Gibbs can i come to Sri lanka bro? I hear the living conditions are better, and the landscape and culture is not that different from kerala.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom