What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

God knows why such things dawn on me last?? :undecided:

I've crossed it many times, heard it underwent some renovation work recently.

No @nair meant that it was the 1st mosque in India.

I guess lack of general Knowledge.........:P

Yeah they have renovated it.... I used to travel in that route very often..... But after the NH 47 widening, and NH17 still holding its width of village road, i avoid that route......

Well What i meant was "Akhand bharat"s first mosque" :P

I guess lack of general Knowledge.........:P

Yeah they have renovated it.... I used to travel in that route very often..... But after the NH 47 widening, and NH17 still holding its width of village road, i avoid that route......

Well What i meant was "Akhand bharat"s first mosque" :P

anyway for this thread to get closed?

errr?

Here is what is generally accepted as Tamilakam
800px-South_India_in_Sangam_Period.jpg

Tamizhagam or Ancient Tamizh country[1] (Tamil தமிழகம் "the Tamil homeland or country") refers to the Sangam period (3rd century BCE - 4th century CE)[note 1]territory of old South Indian royalties covering modern Tamil Nadu, Kerala and southern parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka. Historians use the term synonymous with South India to refer to the Tamil speaking regions of India, including Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

More info here: Tamilakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
we might have spoken a language that is somewhat similar to Tamil doesn't mean that we were a part of Tamilakam...actually Kannada,telegu,Malayalam,Tamil came out from the same dravidan language(ancient Tamil) family...telegu came out first,then Kannada,modern Tamil and Malayalam branched out together lately...thats why Malayalam and modern Tamil shows more closeness that the rest..though Malayalam accepted a lot of Sanskrit words lately..but still Malayalam and Tamil are 50% similar...
yes,but in culture wise malayalis are closer to tulus...ancient Kerala means the land strip from kanyakumari to gokarnam,uttar Karnataka...

Mate Lankan Malay's are the most patriotic, Proud people you can find.. Pls do not even mention retards like these along side the Lankan Malay community.. Tks

Well yes it is.. Does'nt mean we need to give much validity to it though.. Just a butt hurt tiger pussy in exile
so you do admit that he is from Ceylon??good, but i don't think that he is an eezham tiger..eelam Tamils are either Hindus or Christians..but our manlion is a Muslim(go through his posts..full of anti hindu/Christian verbals and he even praised islam religion as modern many times and called Hinduism a pagan religion)..i haven't heard about an eezham Tamil,who is a Muslim)..
yes,you can see Muslims among Tamilnadu Tamils,but no among eelam tigers..

Last edited:
I remember he used to have the Singapore flag at one point.
why not??mostly true...
singapore/malaysia has lot of Tamil speaking muslims(both Tamilnadu and Ceylonese moors),just like gulf for us malayalis...

so you do admit that he is from Ceylon??good, but i don't think that he is an eezham tiger..eelam Tamils are either Hindus or Christians..but our manlion is a Muslim(go through his posts..full of anti hindu/Christian verbals and he even praised islam religion as modern many times and called Hinduism a pagan religion)..i haven't heard about an eezham Tamil,who is a Muslim)..
yes,you can see Muslims among Tamilnadu Tamils,but no among eelam tigers..

Well highly unlikely he is Muslim given some of the derogatory terms he has been using in my earlier interactions with him.. Only Lankans would identify them (I chose to ignore the troll for the better after).. See mate trolls are good at misleading people, They change posts and content to arouse emotions.. Does'nt matter if you're are Indian, Lankan, Pakistani or Chinese.. Same goes for religious matters.. And he is thriving on the confusion.. We Lankans jolly well know what this guy is :-)

we might have spoken a language that is somewhat similar to Tamil doesn't mean that we were a part of Tamilakam...actually Kannada,telegu,Malayalam,Tamil came out from the same dravidan language(ancient Tamil) family...telegu came out first,then Kannada,modern Tamil and Malayalam branched out together lately...thats why Malayalam and modern Tamil shows more closeness that the rest..though Malayalam accepted a lot of Sanskrit words lately..but still Malayalam and Tamil are 50% similar...
yes,but in culture wise malayalis are closer to tulus...ancient Kerala means the land strip from kanyakumari to gokarnam,uttar Karnataka...

I think the official split happened around the 12th century or so not sure. It's like the existence of 2 separate entities that evolved in different directions, India and Pakistan, doesnt negate the fact that ancient India included both. To say something like Tamil people/Areas are historically South of Kaveri, moved into the northern areas later, is incorrect (using ancient Tamil Country as the basis). If he is talking about Tamil country in the historical sense the above map is the general definition given by historians.

I think the official split happened around the 12th century or so not sure. It's like the existence of 2 separate entities that evolved in different directions, India and Pakistan, doesnt negate the fact that ancient India included both. To say something like Tamil people/Areas are historically South of Kaveri, moved into the northern areas later, is incorrect (using ancient Tamil Country as the basis). If he is talking about Tamil country in the historical sense the above map is the general definition given by historians.
he is partly correct...i am living near kar-Tn border,near hosur...i have been to both sides..we could see a strong Kannada/telegu influence upto Krishnagiri,max to darmapuri..not beyond that..what i heard from locals that the majority Tamils in the Krishnagiri dist and upper part of darmapuri are immigrants came after the state formation..i too believe its true because many village/town names there are of either Kannada/telegu orgin..i think still Kannada/telegus comprise majority of the population...
vokkaligas(govdru) forms majority in the south Karnataka districts of mandya,mysore tumkur and chamrajanagar dist..fyi.. goudas and Tamil gounders of kovai had the same orgin/ancestry..though the first shifted their language to Kannada..but still retained some traditions of gounders..so you too are right..south Karnataka was a part of Tamilakkam ONCE..

Back
Top Bottom