What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

They might have interbred with an Iranic tribe(the Baloch are an Iranic tribe too) that had a very low South Asian component. In any case, if they were original speakers of Dravidian languages, then what prompted the Baloch and Sindhis to abandon their language?

Sir even Iranis have 4-5% of S-Indian component, did they migrate from India also? Thats why its amazing Brahui people have preserved their language after thousands of years, South Indians today also don't want to lose their languages.

Sir even Iranis have 4-5% of S-Indian component, did they migrate from India also? Thats why its amazing Brahui people have preserved their language after thousands of years, South Indians today also don't want to lose their languages.

So what happens when a populace that has 4-5% of S-Asian gene pool interbreeds with a populace that has 30% S-Asian genepool? The Brahui language isn't thousands of years old as you say. It's a thousand year old creole of Iranic, Indo-Aryan and Dravidian influence.

Ancient Dravidian Civilization

The Survival of Brahui; a Dravidian language, spoken even today by large numbers of people in Baluchistan and the adjoining areas in Afghanistan and Iran, is an important factor in the identification of the Indus Civilization as Dravidian. Brahui belongs linguistically to the North Dravidian group with several shared innovations with Kurukh and Malto; no dialectal features connect it with the South or Central Dravidian languages. Hence Parpola cocludes that Brahui represents the remnants of the Dravidian language spoken in the area by the descendants of the Harappan population.4

Survival of place-names is generally a good indicator of the linguistic pre-history of a region. Parpola points out several place-names in the north western region like nagara. Palli, Pattana and Kotta with good Dravidian etymologies.5

Parpolo also points out that syntactical analysis of the Indus inscriptions has revealed Dravidian like typological characteristics, especially the attribute preceding the headword.6

It has often been pointed out that the complete absence of the horse among the animals so prominently featured on the Indus seals is good evidence for the non-Aryan character of the Indus Civilization.7

Last edited:
So what happens when a populace that has 4-5% of S-Asian gene pool interbreeds with a populace that has 30% S-Asian genepool? The Brahui language isn't thousands of years old as you say. It's a thousand year old creole of Iranic, Indo-Aryan and Dravidian influence.

I could have believed that if Baloch S-Indian component was 7-8% instead of 14% or more. In Balochistan there are 3 million Brahui and 3 millin Baloch. Both these groups have intermarrrid? Yes but first choice is always someone from their own comunity. After all both speak different languages.

Now you done it.

But I have heard of a legend that Cherman Perumal, a ruler in Kerala was one fo the first converts to Islam after hearing of the splitting of the Moon which confirmed his visions.

He went to Mecca, afterwards no info on him.

A local legend yes.

I heard another legend.And there is a famous quote "Penchollu ketta Perumale makkatu poyi toppiyidu".

Ohhh so you didnt know that there was a kerala on Pak-Afghan border???
I am sure the village must be pretty important for the afghans as the massacre there invoked hatred towards the soviet....imagine!!!
I am kinda glad that theres more than one kerala. :D
FYI mallus:
@Ravi Nair @seiko @nair @sreekumar @acetophenol
@SpArK
Maddy's Ramblings: The Malayalees in Pakistan

That was a new info for me.Thank you madam.
But when I visit malappuram,.I came to know that there is considerable difference between Malabar or North Kerala and rest of the kerala.
Most of the people in there dont have higher education.But they are good business men ,exporters.And so they are rich.You cant see a fencing in between two houses in Malabar.
And I had one class mate from Nilambur.He is the most educated person in his family.Till then his cousin
who has +2 certificate was the most educated guy.There was a senior in my dept , a muslim from kozhikode
he was a short guy.But unlike others he has a pure green eye ,something that is absolute rare in southern parts of kerala.He said most of his family members have eyes like that.
But he had a good academic record and extracarriculur activities.And so he was famous in our campus

@Chak Bamu can we please close this thread now, it has run its course.

I would rather have a senior mod do that. I can see the point of deleting a troll thread, but a thread that has run this long and still generating (mostly OT) discussion is another matter. Its a judgement call that I am uncomfortable making just yet. Sorry.

I think most of us are aware of it.... There was an issue of Visa of a old man few years back...... It was mentioned in couple of movies as well....
God knows why such things dawn on me last?? :undecided:
He will be surprised to know the First mosque of Asia is in Kerala........Cheraman mosque in kodungallur
I've crossed it many times, heard it underwent some renovation work recently.
Why is it that I'm not able to find anything more about this Pakistani Kerala and the massacre that took place there?:undecided:
Try this Indee...The Sumter Daily Item - Google News Archive Search
you will read the word kerala so many times in the article that you will finally believe that there's a town called kerala in Afghan.:-)
A widow in the article calls it "war of kerala".....and I didnt know about it for so many years.

BTW how can you be soo lazzzyyy?? i found out the article in just one search.8-)

what 1st mosque in asia...how is that possible..
u are counting middle east in asia or not...
No @nair meant that it was the 1st mosque in India.

Last edited:
And what stake does a Sri Lankan have in all this? This is between Indian folks. Island hoppers need to back off.

Yup! And they all still retain 'non-tamil' identity. Moreover, I specifically pointed out that for people to be accepted as Tamil, their ancestry had to lie south of the Kaveri. I think the Tamilized Kannadiga groups that you mentioned also probably fulfill that criteria.
south of kaveri???;

I think most of us are aware of it.... There was an issue of Visa of a old man few years back...... It was mentioned in couple of movies as well....

It is true that there is a mallu in every corner of the world..... The other day i was listening to radio in which a mallu from Brazil was saying, when he went to amazon he found a mallu there....
Not only mappila muslims,there are lot of hindus/christians of malayali ancestry are living in Pakistan,mostly working as traders/hotel business especially around karachi...
btw..my grandmother's cousin is settled in Karachi..and his family runs a hotel there...

dai ! he is pakistani ! believe me !
but mostly all Pakistanis are pro-srilankans..but he is just opposite and a pro-chinese...
he may be a Srilankan Tamil speaking muslim or a Srilankan malay Muslim..

but mostly all Pakistanis are pro-srilankans..but he is just opposite and a pro-chinese...
I remember he used to have the Singapore flag at one point.

ancestry had to lie south of the Kaveri.
Why do you exclude people from Villupuram,Kanchipuram etc, and basically half the state?

I remember he used to have the Singapore flag at one point.

Why do you exclude people from Villupuram,Kanchipuram etc, and basically half the state?

Because that's the definitive 'Tamil Country' right from the inception of such a concept. The modern boundaries are all the result of later migrations. Likewise, the definitive Kannada land, 'Karunadu', would be the land between the Kaveri and the Krishna rivers on the western half of the peninsula.

God knows why such things dawn on me last?? :undecided:

I've crossed it many times, heard it underwent some renovation work recently.

Try this Indee...The Sumter Daily Item - Google News Archive Search
you will read the word kerala so many times in the article that you will finally believe that there's a town called kerala in Afghan.:-)
A widow in the article calls it "war of kerala".....and I didnt know about it for so many years.

BTW how can you be soo lazzzyyy?? i found out the article in just one search.8-)

No @nair meant that it was the 1st mosque in India.
Thanks for the link Didijaan. I kept searching for a Kerala in Pakistan. Hence, couldn't get any hits. Turns out the town lies in Afghanistan.:)

Last edited:
Because that's the definitive 'Tamil Country' right from the inception of such a concept. The modern boundaries are all the result of later migrations. Likewise, the definitive Kannada land, 'Karunadu', would be the land between the Kaveri and the Krishna rivers on the western half of the peninsula.
errr?

Here is what is generally accepted as Tamilakam
800px-South_India_in_Sangam_Period.jpg

Tamizhagam or Ancient Tamizh country[1] (Tamil தமிழகம் "the Tamil homeland or country") refers to the Sangam period (3rd century BCE - 4th century CE)[note 1]territory of old South Indian royalties covering modern Tamil Nadu, Kerala and southern parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka. Historians use the term synonymous with South India to refer to the Tamil speaking regions of India, including Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

More info here: Tamilakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mate Lankan Malay's are the most patriotic, Proud people you can find.. Pls do not even mention retards like these along side the Lankan Malay community.. Tks

So he is srilankan ! and he accuse all tamil as anti national ! thats big accusation BTW !

Well yes it is.. Does'nt mean we need to give much validity to it though.. Just a butt hurt tiger pussy in exile

Back
Top Bottom