What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

what 1st mosque in asia...how is that possible..
u are counting middle east in asia or not...

You do realise that Arabs traded with Malabaris for spices don't you?

In order to forge these trade links, some of the Arab traders inter-married, Fishermen also converted to Islam.

Sir Brahui being indigenous is pretty much accepted fact, the out of India theory in case of Brahui has been rejected and proven false.

I'm sure there are many theories but the almost complete absence of non-Aryan place & river names across N.India hardly supports any theory of a widespread Dravidian presence prior to the "arrival" of the aryans

In order to forge these trade links, some of the Arab traders inter-married, Fishermen also converted to Islam.

Now it is good to stop it here.... If we go further, we all know the fate of such conversation in PDF

i do know all these stories....
but that doesn't make the mosque 1st in asia....may be it was 1st in Indian sub continent...

Now it is good to stop it here.... If we go further, we all know the fate of such conversation in PDF

I agree.

@nair @Bang Galore @Indischer

I am out of here :wave:

i do know all these stories....
but that doesn't make the mosque 1st in asia....may be it was 1st in Indian sub continent...

that would be more accurate. yes.

I'm sure there are many theories but the almost complete absence of non-Aryan place & river names across N.India hardly supports any theory of a widespread Dravidian presence prior to the "arrival" of the aryans

you really want to travel down this path?

It is as Indischer mentioned SHANbaz Fharif after all?

I think you forget Kerala village in near Pak-Afg border? There most be many other names also. Because big cities/places names keep changing thats why its hard to find common names.

My points was Brahui are indigenous speakers of Dravidian language. Invaders displaced rest of dravidians to South India, thats why we have so much in common. You don't get this do you? How did they speak dravidian? Indians come up with ridiculous theory just like OIT.

And Dravidian is linguistic group not genetic. Brahui are dravidians.

And I told you they speak Dravidian because they migrated to Balochistan a millenia ago and thoroughly intermingled with the earlier residents, the Baloch and Sindhis. The DNA tests in fact point out to the fact that Brahui have even lesser South Asian genes than the Baloch. So who were the invaders that you're talking about? The Sindhis aren't the original inhabitants of IVC then? They sure don't speak Dravidian, so are they also invaders?

And I told you they speak Dravidian because they migrated to Balochistan a millenia ago and thoroughly intermingled with the earlier residents, the Baloch and Sindhis. The DNA tests in fact point out to the fact that Brahui have even lesser South Asian genes than the Baloch. So who were the invaders that you're talking about? The Sindhis aren't the original inhabitants of IVC then? They sure don't speak Dravidian, so are they also invaders?

How can one group have least South Asian genes while migrating from Cental India? You realize Central Indians have S-Indian component 50-60+% while Brahui just 12%? Thats less then pashtuns for exemple who have 20-25% on average.

Did pashtuns also migrate from India? 1000 years are not enough to completly change their make up.

I agree.

@nair @Bang Galore @Indischer

I am out of here :wave:

that would be more accurate. yes.

you really want to travel down this path?

It is as Indischer mentioned SHANbaz Fharif after all?
Wait for me!
hitchhike.gif

How can one group have least South Asian genes while migrating from Cental India? You realize Central Indians have S-Indian component 50-60+% while Brahui just 12%? Thats less then pashtuns for exemple who have 20-25% on average.

Did pashtuns also migrate from India? 1000 years are not enough to completly change their make up.

could you give a link to these figures?

I am just curious to know. I know next to nothing on these.

Intermarriage, duh! So those Dravidians who were forced to move South by the invaders also had to have similar genetic stock as the Brahui. Name one Dravidian group who comes remotely close to them in this regard.

Also, if the Brahui were amongst the earliest Dravidians, they would have retained either archaic Dravidian words and pronunciation or Avestan/old Persian loanwords. Care to explain how Brahui neither has archaic Dravidian nor Avestan words in it's vocabulary?

Intermarriage, duh! So those Dravidians who were forced to move South by the invaders also had to have similar genetic stock as the Brahui. Name one Dravidian group who comes remotely close to them in this regard.

Well intermarriages are not enough to have drastic change like. They have even less S-Indian component then Baloch who have 14%! And less then pashtuns (20%) and punjabis (30%). Tell me how is this possible?

Well intermarriages are not enough to have drastic change like. They have even less S-Indian component then Baloch who have 14%! And less then pashtuns (20%) and punjabis (30%). Tell me how is this possible?

They might have interbred with an Iranic tribe(the Baloch are an Iranic tribe too) that had a very low South Asian component. In any case, if they were original speakers of Dravidian languages, then what prompted the Baloch and Sindhis to abandon their language?

Back
Top Bottom