What's new

JF-17 Nightmare For The Enemy Pilots

They were built in Brazil and AESA was Israeli.
Yep the aircraft is from embraer but the AESA was developed,made and tested completly at home by DRDO.

There is a reason why they are called force multipliers. Search the term. Dr do AWACS is far from entering service and is found short on several performance parameters.
Where did you read that it is actually a really good platform there are no shortcomings as such.

By this logic countries shud be burying booing 777 dream liner... it may carry 3000 bvrs
I hope you meant '787 dreamliner'.:D

Looks good on paper, however sorry to ruin your daily meal, recent confrontation between the two proved otherwise without any blood being spilled....when a single round can blow you out of the sky, what advantages do you have whether you are carrying 4 or 10 missiles.....unless one side is America and the other Iraq....

I challenge you again tell us more about this recent confrontation fantasy story by providing a credible source, and don't run away atleast this time when I ask you this. Lol

WITHOUT WISHING TO UPSET any PDF member

FROM MY VEIWPOINT only

The chinease have not inducted this fighter (JF17/FC1) and the reason people it has severe limitations due to its size to carry fuel and to carry powerful energy sucking EW suites and Radars and Jammers

The plane was designed from the beginning as a BUDGET lightweight fighter for certain export market.

FOR PAF is brilliant option I agree and is now allowing PAC to build up manufacturing Knowledge

PAF doctrine is not as aggressive or long reaching as the IAF that is crystal clear from the aircraft deployed on both sides. JF17 will work in its OWN SKYS justy like the RAF did against LUFTWAFFA german bombers

JF17 is PAF hurricane /spitfitre ................IF you oeople are inducting 200 thunders THEN THE THUNDER will either win you the AIR WAR or LOSE you the AIR WAR

its NEMESIS will be THE SU30MKI ,,, the reason being over HALF the IAF front line combat fleet is the SU30MKI

The other planes are too small in numbers to play a HUGE PART only 60 mig29 or 50 mirage2000/5 AND soon only 36 Rafale

RECENT EXCERCISES = 1 chinease J11 took on 2 Thunders and apparently after numerpous efforts the J11 overcame both Thunders as per chinease media............... Well documentated in this forum.

And I am not surprised at that result

Better radar
twin engines
more powerful jammers
ew siuites
MAWS
RWR
HMD/HOBS

All the bells and whistles sit in the MKI or J11

You people are correct about other ASSETS like SAM support ,,, AWACS and F16 as well

Only You Pakistanis KNOW what PAF is Thinking

PERSONALLY I think there is a HUGE GAPING need for a twin engine fighter to give PAF better balanced air force

Chinese j 11 had aesa... That makes a lot of difference...

Block 3 will also have aesa... that will also make a lot of difference

You have made bold statements. On what grounds are you making these? Please elaborate. I have heard Air Commodores of PAF saying the J10 is not half as upgradable as JFT due to certain design limitations. Are you now suggesting the contralateral and on what grounds? Your response will be appreciated.
A

Windy.
One of the Thunders is more smoky than THE OTHER.??? Is it the first block and the engine has not been upgraded????
A

LOVED THE CLIP.

Thunder looks a GREAT JET

But one observation ........... WAY TOO MUCH smoke.

lovell looking fighter VERY nimble

Masha 'Allah!!! A perfect choreography like the whirling Dervishes....
Modi does and that is why he wanted to show Tejas in a third rate air show nobody goes to. If you want to play with the big boys including the JF17 try Paris, Farnborough, Dubai or Zuhai. Remember size is not the only. Remember it were Ghauri's Mongolian ponies who beat the Prithivi's Elephants.
And Babur Han's against Ibrahim Lodi's, and EbdAli's against Marathas....

I hate to have to say this but it needs to be said...

Let us imagine 2 JF-17s against 2 SU-30MKIs head on, with AWACs coverage and so both are seen by the other side well outside the maximum range of their BVR AAMs.

JF-17 has top speed of Mach 1.6 and service ceiling of 17,000m
Su-30MKI has top speed of Mach 2 and also a service ceiling of 17,000m
Just the higher top speed of the Su-30MKI will allow it to release it's BVR AAMs at greater range as they would have greater kinetic energy when released.

JF-17 can carry 4 SD-10s
SU-30MKI can carry 10 R-77s.
SU-30MKI can fire many more R-77s whereas the JF-17 will run out of BVR AAMs much quicker in a BVR shoot-out.

Conclusion: SU-30MKIs will eat JF-17s for breakfast, lunch and dinner assuming the radar, EW and missiles are of similar standard.
Do you think JFs will be loitering without EW capabilities???? And, they will be more lethal at the near field conditions!!!!! So, from a distance "ghosts" of JFs might appear into the foe's screen, and that too with a fast changing time/location feeds to mesmerize the guest's computing capabilities!!! Remember the "Lahore brothers"!!! Who knows by the time they might be actually seeing each other, and another "Gazi M M Alam" moment will ensue!!!

Don't know about others, but the Turkish folks have developed some "interesting" algorithms in these regards and implemented them in custom built devices/hw/sw etc. I am pretty sure the Pak folks would love them for they go with their Mejaz-i Ashk!!! To give a perspective, in the first electromagnetics course in my alma mater our professor was talking about the Turkish EW R&D advancements, and that too around 3 decades back!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well the answer is simple. jets cost money which our able politicians have transferred to panama and swiss banks. how can a country buy jets when it has to take loans in order to pay back the existing debts. i am not seeing any jet in next 10 yrs . the only option paf has is to upgrade the jft to block 3 standards. forget more f-16s now.
Well our armed forces are more corrupt than our politicians so don't blame only one wrongdoer.
And it shows paf has no future vision

There are 3 main divisions related to airport control/comms..Control Tower,Radar Control and Ground control..the guy shown in the video is at control tower dealing with take offs and approches etc using his headphones and using the wireless for contact with ground...Control tower and Radar control work on different frequencies.

The reality of PAF is that they will not email u their plans...like every other matter,they like to keep it personal.
BTW can u even point a single 5th gen a/c that is under service and PAF can acquire it within next few years other than Raptor which obvio we cant get..if u are going to mention chinese planes then they are under development and even after coming into service,its not a good idea to immediately acquire that a/c as its DASH-1 will take years to complete.
I am saying that paf has failed to indtroduce 4.5 gen aircraft, a twin engine front line fighter...we all know paf has a dire need of such a fighter from last decade and all we are listening to that paf will not sit idle while india is getting modern platforms...but the fact is paf is sitting idle.
Unless paf makes some dramatic changes in jf17 and make it atleast medium weight fighter with latest goodies...jf17 in its current form will never be able to fulfill our needs entirely

WITHOUT WISHING TO UPSET any PDF member

FROM MY VEIWPOINT only

The chinease have not inducted this fighter (JF17/FC1) and the reason people it has severe limitations due to its size to carry fuel and to carry powerful energy sucking EW suites and Radars and Jammers

The plane was designed from the beginning as a BUDGET lightweight fighter for certain export market.

FOR PAF is brilliant option I agree and is now allowing PAC to build up manufacturing Knowledge

PAF doctrine is not as aggressive or long reaching as the IAF that is crystal clear from the aircraft deployed on both sides. JF17 will work in its OWN SKYS justy like the RAF did against LUFTWAFFA german bombers

JF17 is PAF hurricane /spitfitre ................IF you oeople are inducting 200 thunders THEN THE THUNDER will either win you the AIR WAR or LOSE you the AIR WAR

its NEMESIS will be THE SU30MKI ,,, the reason being over HALF the IAF front line combat fleet is the SU30MKI

The other planes are too small in numbers to play a HUGE PART only 60 mig29 or 50 mirage2000/5 AND soon only 36 Rafale

RECENT EXCERCISES = 1 chinease J11 took on 2 Thunders and apparently after numerpous efforts the J11 overcame both Thunders as per chinease media............... Well documentated in this forum.

And I am not surprised at that result

Better radar
twin engines
more powerful jammers
ew siuites
MAWS
RWR
HMD/HOBS

All the bells and whistles sit in the MKI or J11

You people are correct about other ASSETS like SAM support ,,, AWACS and F16 as well

Only You Pakistanis KNOW what PAF is Thinking

PERSONALLY I think there is a HUGE GAPING need for a twin engine fighter to give PAF better balanced air force
Excellent write up
Chinese focus is different and so is their combat arena. J11 and j10 both get deployed over the ocean primerilytowards Japan and the American navy. They need long range fighters with a bigger payload.
Jf17 was designed to be a lightweight highly agile cost effective fighter that was modular in design and easy to upgrade. Fact that it's design by PAF and not industry speaks volumes in itself. If you have seen recent videos on this thread you will see that this fighter is very nimble and very capable. External tanks and air to air refuelling together with AWACS cover makes it a very formidable poo t defence fighter. PAF will suck in enemy fighters and fighters the initail stages of the airwar on home turf but dont think thay dont have an offensive capability. The cruse missiles at their disposal will create havoc on enemy runways and installations and you may well get other surprises. For pakistan jf17 is a great aircraft and mk3 will be exceptional. Everyone glaoblly focuses only on BVR combat. Question is why does Pakistan train so hard on close air combat and is making aggressive dog fighters of its pilots? The use of terrain will also play a major role. When they suck in big heavier fighters closer to the ground terrain masking NAP of earth flying and a light highly agile fighter will have an advantage over a bigger bulkier fighter who's radars will be effected by ground scatter. Then it's switching to guns my friend. Here you know PAF reputation. The world knows what they can do

LOVED THE CLIP.

Thunder looks a GREAT JET

But one observation ........... WAY TOO MUCH smoke.

lovell looking fighter VERY nimble
Your observatioñs are correct. Recent changes to engine have besn made as per @messiach which will result in better performance and less smoke but it obviously has not perculated down to every platform.
We need to be honest. JFT is a good platform but not the best. However what it provides us is something you have not been able to achieve--- freedom to tinker around with the platform improve it as per our needs establish an aviation industry and weapons and hardware/software incorporation/integration. This is the main reason for JFT being more valuable to us than any other plane.
A

In. A different scenario the chinease fc1 would be the perfect complement to our mki fleet.

The fc1 with the Russian engine swopped for the Ge 404in engine from USA
And the addition of Israeli dash five hmd with python five hobs missile to the current weapons mix of SD10. Would allow India to replace all mig21/27 planes.

But can't happen unfortunately

Then it's switching to guns my friend. Here you know PAF reputation. The world knows what they can do
Who says the Indian folks don't?????? Their pilot to fighter ratio is 0.8!!!!!!

Ironically, JF-17's first kill was an Iranian spy drone....so we understand your virgin pain. :D
Pak and iCountr(ies) don't go well!!!!!!

--- freedom to tinker around with the platform improve it as per our needs establish an aviation industry and weapons and hardware/software incorporation/integration. This is the main reason for JFT being more valuable to us than any other plane.
A

I am pretty sure one after another Turkish additions (ASELPOD, EW-POD, AESA etc.) will make their way up to JFs!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom