What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

ICBM is an entirely different arena. North Korea has a need for them because they want to maintain an active nuclear deterrence against continental United States. Iran finds itself locked between a practical necessity for such WMDs or risk further political isolation if she decides to go all-out and build/test/field ICBMs.
I would go further... IMHO if Iran develop a ICBM with solid fuel and develop any kind of nuclear warhead... then will never be sanctions relief. For this reason I think Iran act wisely... Just develop enough technology for developing both, but let IAEA inspect nearly all sites. But poor NK regime will never see light after sanctions. And this kind of behaviour doesn´t help.

"The Leader of the Revolution in a meeting with the commanders of the armed forces: Do not be satisfied with the progress and move forward without stopping"

دیدار جمعی از فرماندهان ارشد نیروهای مسلح با فرمانده کل قوا​

14020127_1752528.jpg

ایشان با ابراز خرسندی از حرکت و پیشرفت مستمر در نیروهای مسلح گفتند: به هیچ حدی از استحکام و پیشرفت قانع نباشید و بدون توقف به جلو بروید.

فرمانده کل قوا با استناد به آیه قرآن کریم آمادگی همیشه را فرمان پروردگار و مایه ترس دشمنان خدا و ملت خواندند و افزودند: تهدید، هیچگاه به طور کامل از بین نمی‌رود بنابراین باید هرچه می‌توانید بر آمادگی‌‌های مختلف بیفزایید.

I think it's a response against those who that think there is a limit on Iranian missile range :)

I think it's a response against those who that think there is a limit on Iranian missile range :)
There is a range limit imposed by the SL. The video of his meeting with army commanders and his remarks about the range limit i posted myself here (or it was in the chill thread).

The article you posted just talks about general improving.

There is a range limit imposed by the SL. The video of his meeting with army commanders and his remarks about the range limit i posted myself here (or it was in the chill thread).

The article you posted just talks about general improving.
If there is such statement in past it seems things are changing now

I would go further... IMHO if Iran develop a ICBM with solid fuel and develop any kind of nuclear warhead... then will never be sanctions relief. For this reason I think Iran act wisely... Just develop enough technology for developing both, but let IAEA inspect nearly all sites. But poor NK regime will never see light after sanctions. And this kind of behaviour doesn´t help.
There will never be 'sanction relief' Ever. Plus we don't want or need 'sanctions relief'.There's a whole world out there.

1 is Qasem smart bomb, 900kg (used by F-4)

2 and 3 are s-200 (canister and missile)

4 is some kind of pod, not sure
Never thought S-200 was so big compared to S-300 and others

I think it is one of those pods used by P3 orion for search submarines (it was just light), but this seem different.

There will never be 'sanction relief' Ever. Plus we don't want or need 'sanctions relief'.There's a whole world out there.
There will be. There two thing that US and EU can fear... a nuclear Iran... and a military alliance between Rusia, China, Irán and North Korea. If you can play with the IAEA, the EU will relief at least partially the sanctions.

There will be. There two thing that US and EU can fear... a nuclear Iran... and a military alliance between Rusia, China, Irán and North Korea. If you can play with the IAEA, the EU will relief at least partially the sanctions.
They didn't offer (unilateral) sanctions relief to North Korea, so why would they offer it to nuclear Iran? And if they do offer sanctions relief, it would inevitably be for nuclear concessions anyway.

Hey there! I am new to the forum and am interested to ask you guys about some stuff. I am thinking about making a video on my youtube channel soon regarding how many missiles (ballistic/cruise) does iran have. Since you guys are pretty knowledgeable about this subject, would you mind helping me by listing the possible number for each system? Please make sure to site sources. (either English or farsi)

I think the Iranian people would beg to differ. There's a whole world out there, but the United States still has the worlds largest economy, EU is number 2. Not to mention with SWIFT sanctions in place, Iran can't even fully exploit its relationship with China or India for that matter.

BRICS may be the future but that will likely take decades. Even then, not being able to trade with the west will still prevent Iran from being able to compete economically with countries like Saudi Arabia or Turkey on a level playing field.

The current policies benefit a tiny clique inside Iran, but not the majority of Iranian people. As long as the current policies remain in place, Iran cannot and will not live up its full potential economically or otherwise. Look at China for example, they are America's largest rival, yet they're also their largest trading partner.

The Chinese are intelligent enough to use revenue generated from trading with the US to build up their own military & infrastructure. The Saudis, Emiratis, Turks all support militant groups in the region, but they do so in a way that isn't detrimental to their economy.

The leadership in Iran seem to be more concerned about Palestine & the way women dress, than they are about the welfare/prosperity of the average Iranian. I've said it before & I'll say it again, the current economic situation in Iran is not sustainable. Currently 1 US Dollar is equal to 555,000 Rial. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the people in power are in any kind of hurry to fix anything anytime soon.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom