What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Hwasong 18
Hwasong-18.png

Iran has a FATWA on the missile range (no more than 2000 km for you boys!)

Iran has a FATWA on making nuclear bombs (no N bombs for you boys!)

Find out the culprit!..If you wonder why North Korea has passed Iran in those field!!..... The North Korean 35 year old kid has big Balls. Iranian 83 year old geriatrics have big mouths!..:argh::argh::argh::argh:..

Last edited:
Iran has a FATWA on the missile range (no more than 2000 km for you boys!)

Iran has a FATWA on making nuclear bombs (no N bombs for you boys!)

Find out the culprit..If you wonder why North Korea has passed Iran in those field!!:argh::argh::argh::argh:..
There isn't a fatwa on missiles, just on nuclear weapons

There isn't a fatwa on missiles, just on nuclear weapons
It is not Fatwa I know ,but it is called "voluntary range limit"..same shit different name

Funny the same people who put these chains on Iranian development out of fear want to remove Israel from Middle East and kick US out of west Asia..!!o_O

They should at least try to be consistent

Last edited:
North Korea officially has a solid fuel ICBM

North Korea's military has left Iran in the dust in almost every area possible
Unfortunately you are right. However Iran never left R&D in military fields but due to liberal Mullahs such as Rouhani cozying up to west, military budget including the hidden budget was almost destroyed. Hence Iran lagged behind NK in ICBM field.

One factor shouldn't be forgotten, NK always enjoys Chinese help, Iran wants to develop its missile arsenal without foreign aid, hence the delay. Delay plus liberal role allowed NK to leave Iran behind.

North Korea officially has a solid fuel ICBM

North Korea's military has left Iran in the dust in almost every area possible

I wouldn't say every area.

Certainly conventional Ballistic missile technology, Cruise missiles, drones, radars and Air-Defense as well as production rates for said systems are something the DPRK is either at parity with Iran or lesser (maybe greater in some areas).

ICBM is an entirely different arena. North Korea has a need for them because they want to maintain an active nuclear deterrence against continental United States. Iran finds itself locked between a practical necessity for such WMDs or risk further political isolation if she decides to go all-out and build/test/field ICBMs.

If I may: I believe Iran's "self imposed BM range limit" is total PR. Most certainly there are undisclosed weapon systems Iran has that go well above the 2,000km ceiling but for obvious reasons, they have no intensions currently of divulging them to the public.

Also it is important to note that ICBM technology and Rocket technology like SLVs are inherently dual-use in nature. The tech is there, just not the political will to build one yet (?)

Last edited:
It is not Fatwa I know ,but it is called "voluntary range limit"..same shit different name
Not exactly, head of IRGC talked about removing that voluntary limit if they want to. They can't disregard fatwa (e.g. against nuclear weapons) so easily

But I agree, the fatwa against nuclear weapons was an act of incredible stupidity

Funny the same people who put these chains on Iranian development out of fear want to remove Israel from Middle East and kick US out of west Asia..!!o_O

They should at least try to be consistent

That limit's been lifted de facto with the introduction of the Khorramshahr BM. With the Leader's consent, of course.

I wouldn't say every area.

Certainly conventional Ballistic missile technology, Cruise missiles, drones, radars and Air-Defense as well as production rates for said systems are something the DPRK is either at parity with Iran or lesser (maybe greater in some areas).

ICBM is an entirely different arena. North Korea has a need for them because they want to maintain an active nuclear deterrence against continental United States. Iran finds itself locked between a practical necessity for such WMDs or risk further political isolation if she decides to go all-out and build/test/field ICBMs.

If I may: I believe Iran's "self imposed BM range limit" is total PR. Most certainly there are undisclosed weapon systems Iran has that go well above the 2,000km ceiling but for obvious reasons, they have no intensions currently of divulging them to the public.

I agree, Iranian is unlikely to be lagging behind Korea in defence technology.

Also it is important to note that ICBM technology and Rocket technology like SLVs are inherently dual-use in nature. The tech is there, just not the political will to build one yet (?)

I'd say there's a lack of political utility to it (in a cost/benefit sense) rather than a lack of political will on the part of Iranian decision makers. When pros outweigh cons in the overall calculus, Iran will act accordingly.

Last edited:
Latest US intel report (very short report) indicates that in late Feb-early march.

IRGC tested the Zulfiqar missiles with what appears to be a MIRV warhead. Some of the tests failed and others succeeded. This is surprising given the diameter of the missile, and but such capability is expected & greatly complicates ABM defense and increases the costs for the defenders 4 fold.

Converting a Qased-100 to carry 4 MIRVs would make it very much more economical for military use.

This time, North Korea's ICBM launch had an irregular trajectory that changed to a lofted orbit in the middle of the launch,
The Japanese and U.S. radars, which claim to be able to detect ICBMs at an altitude of up to 5,000 km, lost sight of the target immediately after launch.
The Japanese government, which wanted to incite war as a dog of the U.S., made a big fuss about the possibility that the missile might fall into Japanese territory because the exact orbit was not known at the time it was lost from radar.
The media joined in by issuing false alarms, and the publicity was massive.

Ironically, Japan's hysterical response negated the universality of the missile defense system advertised in the Western media.
The Japanese were preoccupied with the assumption that a lost missile on radar meant a mid-air explosion,
when in fact Hwasong 18 had successfully detached from its third stage and its radar simply could not cope with its irregular trajectory.

The theoretical theory that anomalous orbits are meaningless because they only produce energy loss has been successfully debunked.

Back
Top Bottom