What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Makes you think about the hoopla on new missiles and other armaments like the new stealth fighter and bombers, nuclear sea drones, etc. I'm sure some are real, but I think they are having a hard time producing them in large quantities.
Yeah, at the end of the day. If you can't produce it, then who cares how fancy your tech is. Russia can have Zircon and Khinzal, but if you only produce 25, it's not going to change the course of any war.

Most countries seem to really desire looking very modern and high tech, but often lack depth of inventory rather than developing practically capability even if it doesn't demonstrate highest sophistication. Frankly, the US is the only country along with Germany, Japan UK, China and France (maybe I missed some other) that can actually afford the weapons they posses. Your weapons and economy are interlinked.

Everyone else is buying equipment they can't afford and after the first week, run out of munitions when they cost 20k each. Hence why I still don't see laser guided artillery rounds as common in Iran, and most countries don't even stockpile thousands of them even though they are decisive, not even Russia.

A difference I see between Russia and the US, is how methodical the US is. US troops would carefully and slowly move through roads, and if they encounter heavy resistance or ambushes in buildings, they'd order a laser guided round into the building or an airstrike. They'd recon for movements and targets and precisely target them. When the US was in Fallujah, the city was largely left in tact except for the specific points where they thought soldiers or arms would be.

The Russians and 90% of countries would just shell the shit out of the whole area and then move in. When the Russians take Kharkiv, I'd imagine large chunks of the city would be badly damaged. Stark difference in operability. It's the year 2022, but probably a handful of countries can actually conduct modern warfare in practise.

Weird logic indeed. According to our friend SalarHaqq we need to be asking ourselves:

Why has India not nuked Pakistan? Pakistan supports militants that kill Indian soldiers.

Why has Pakistan not nuked India? India supports militants that kill Pakistani soldiers.

Why has Israel not nuked Iran? Iran supports Hamas that kill Israeli soldiers.

Why has USA not nuked Pakistan? Pakistans ISI supported many different militant group in Afghanistan that killed US soldiers.
(satire warning )Cause Pakistanis are Chads while others are virgins- simple as that
We built Nuclear bombs under US nose in return for beating up USSR who were supporting Indians for decades - killing 2 birds with 1 stones
and installed US enemies in Afghanistan while calling them our allys, friends
straight up 4D chess shit
download (5).jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, at the end of the day. If you can't produce it, then who cares how fancy your tech is. Russia can have Zircon and Khinzal, but if you only produce 25, it's not going to change the course of any war.

Most countries seem to really desire looking very modern and high tech, but often lack depth of inventory rather than developing practically capability even if it doesn't demonstrate highest sophistication. Frankly, the US is the only country along with Germany, Japan UK, China and France (maybe I missed some other) that can actually afford the weapons they posses. Your weapons and economy are interlinked.

Everyone else is buying equipment they can't afford and after the first week, run out of munitions when they cost 20k each. Hence why I still don't see laser guided artillery rounds as common in Iran, and most countries don't even stockpile thousands of them even though they are decisive, not even Russia.

A difference I see between Russia and the US, is how methodical the US is. US troops would carefully and slowly move through roads, and if they encounter heavy resistance or ambushes in buildings, they'd order a laser guided round into the building or an airstrike. They'd recon for movements and targets and precisely target them. When the US was in Fallujah, the city was largely left in tact except for the specific points where they thought soldiers or arms would be.

The Russians and 90% of countries would just shell the shit out of the whole area and then move in. When the Russians take Kharkiv, I'd imagine large chunks of the city would be badly damaged. Stark difference in operability. It's the year 2022, but probably a handful of countries can actually conduct modern warfare in practise.
I can't say for sure...but I'm getting the feeling that most of the Russian conscripts are being misled into this war. Not because of the invasion of Ukraine under false pretense of fighting Nazis...but that they think they were in live fire military exercises. Now you can say its propaganda, but showing the incompetence of the conscripts of this level tells me that they are doing on hands training but in real war because their officers guided them to their deaths or capture. I'm just saying...

The ones who I believe knows what they are really doing and know why they are there are the Chechens and the forces in the east and south. I deal with them quickly.

Strange. I expected better, kinda looks like the old days for Iran when running tests.

Whether they are cruise missiles or ballistic, maybe they were subjected to electronic warfare? I would imagine the US would want to test some of their electronic devices here in preparation for destabilizing the accuracy of Iran's missiles. or GLONASS is just not good enough to met GPS standards.

No, even though they are helping Ukraine, they won't go that far to reveal such capabilities. I think it's just Russian missiles or their guidance system.

Why must we posit they were expecting paltry Ukrainian resistance? The Russians are thoroughly informed about Ukrainian capabilities and certainly have very good intelligence on the decision making process in Kiev. Moscow might very well have opted for a limited opening strike while knowing full well that it would cost them some casualties, which I believe is the more probable hypothesis.

After all the goal of such an operation is not to terrorize the opponent's constituency but on the contrary, to make Russia appear under as benevolent a light as possible. Thus Russia would not operate like the US regime, smashing and carpet bombing everything that moves in order to try and ensure zero casualties among their own troops (and then claim they have more regard for human life). The Russian public has a higher threshold of tolerance for casualties in war than America.

Significantly, these UAV's have been the single most efficient weapons system in inflicting damage on Russian assets. Whereas the Ukrainian air force failed to achieve anything worth mentioning.

What this goes to confirm, is how smart and clear-sighted Iran's military planning has been, given Iranian focus on drones alongside missiles, rather than much more costly investment in less survivable air power.

In a theoretical war against the US, Iran will be in a position similar to Ukraine versus Russia, i.e. the assumed underdog. Only Iran will be several fold more efficient than Ukraine, which is lacking Iran's BM force, an air defence grid as developed as Iran's etc. All the more so, such a powerful force would wreck havoc on any regional adversary.

This was probably part of the plan from the get go: increase the pressure on Kiev step by step, for so long as they show no willingness to accept Russian ceasefire terms. A good strategy by Russia, one that avoids civilian casualties to a large extent while having a high chance of enabling Moscow to meet its political objectives.

Agreed, I think Iran has the right approach given its current circumstance and doctrine. Although there is a pressing need to inject the air-force with some modicum of advanced 21st century fighters (interception and general air-defense) but you're 100% on the dot brother. The deadly mix between highly precise ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and drones (of all types) as well as regional allies. Allows Iran to enjoy a sort of "combined arms" capability that will prove invaluable in any future conflict.

The Western (obviously biased) consensus thus far has been that the Russians are pressing far too fast pushing their armor and supplies beyond the range of their mobile AD cover (TOR, OSA, PANSTIR) which is causing a lot of their men and equipment to be exposed to ambush and attack from the handful of remaining TB2s as well as Ukrainian forces conducting direct-fire operations on exposed sections of these multiple kilometer long armored columns. What's worse is that it some of the equipment (heavy armor specifically) is being pushed way too far head leading the crews to abandon their tanks/AD systems due to lack of fuel or supplies. I'm not all too familiar with just how normal this would be given the circumstances. In all honesty, the Russian Federation is undertaking one the largest land-grabs in recent history, at world-record pace no-less. So these incidents might just be part and parcel of such an operation and not an indication of Russian military quality/training.

Moreover, some information about how Russian troops are communicating with each other has come out and to say that the information is sad would be an understatement. They seem to be using "open ended" communication devices allowing Ukrainian forces and anyone else eavesdropping to literally pick up on all their plans. I don't know the veracity of this report but it shows that the Russian military is somewhat underprepared.

To your first point Salar-jan, I think that the safety of both your troops and equipment should be just as important as minimizing civilian casualties but again the consensus on this has been that the initial Russian strike against critical Ukrainian assets has been sub-optimal leading to the remaining Ukrainian forces (which are still quite sizable) to be able to mount fierce although ultimately futile resistance. The Russians are sustaining unnecessary losses due to several key factors. They will inevitably win in the end but some issues have been revealed nonetheless.

I can't say for sure...but I'm getting the feeling that most of the Russian conscripts are being misled into this war. Not because of the invasion of Ukraine under false pretense of fighting Nazis...but that they think they were in live fire military exercises. Now you can say its propaganda, but showing the incompetence of the conscripts of this level tells me that they are doing on hands training but in real war because their officers guided them to their deaths or capture. I'm just saying...

The ones who I believe knows what they are really doing and know why they are there are the Chechens and the forces in the east and south. I deal with them quickly.
Theirs alot of bizzare things I can't keep wrap my head around. I doubt they don't know they are invading. But maybe they are reluctant.

I don't doubt Russia's ability to win against Ukraine (which is no small feat). But I think I've seen the Iraqi army and Syrian army fight better than Russian troops which really seems to indicate a moral & motivation problem. The Chechens with no skin in the game are more interested in winning.

This war was not sold properly to the Russian people and the soldiers and I tend to think they are not really keen on fighting among other problems.

Theirs alot of bizzare things I can't keep wrap my head around. I doubt they don't know they are invading. But maybe they are reluctant.

I don't doubt Russia's ability to win against Ukraine (which is no small feat). But I think I've seen the Iraqi army and Syrian army fight better than Russian troops which really seems to indicate a moral & motivation problem. The Chechens with no skin in the game are more interested in winning.

This war was not sold properly to the Russian people and the soldiers and I tend to think they are not really keen on fighting among other problems.
Yeah I doubt it the first time when videos of Russian prisoners being interrogated and they use the excuse that they thought they were in military exercises I thought that was a very stupid excuse to use considering the airborne attacks with planes, helos, as well as multi pronged attack from other directions and carrying live ammo. I figure they used that phrase to avoid being executed or something. But in just barely few days in the war and you have many vehicles being abandoned left and right and more prisoners saying the same crap, I'm starting to wonder. But invading Ukraine is also another factor where they just don't want to be there so that could be it. Its just the tactics the conscripts used that confused me and probably many others. Leaving their dead behind easily, staying in their vehicles instead of getting out to secure the area, abandoning the vehicles so easily including many of them not damage either by enemy fire or accident or breakdowns, many getting lost, bad equipment, etc.

Yeah I doubt it the first time when videos of Russian prisoners being interrogated and they use the excuse that they thought they were in military exercises I thought that was a very stupid excuse to use considering the airborne attacks with planes, helos, as well as multi pronged attack from other directions and carrying live ammo. I figure they used that phrase to avoid being executed or something. But in just barely few days in the war and you have many vehicles being abandoned left and right and more prisoners saying the same crap, I'm starting to wonder. But invading Ukraine is also another factor where they just don't want to be there so that could be it. Its just the tactics the conscripts used that confused me and probably many others. Leaving their dead behind easily, staying in their vehicles instead of getting out to secure the area, abandoning the vehicles so easily including many of them not damage either by enemy fire or accident or breakdowns, many getting lost, bad equipment, etc.
I don't if this is still happening amongst conscripts in the russian army, but it might explain a great many things:

I don't if this is still happening amongst conscripts in the russian army, but it might explain a great many things:
I remember that. Don't know if they stop such practice since I remember seeing videos of it long time ago. There is hazing in the U.S. military but nothing like that.

Russia's a dead country, every Russian tries to leave to come to Europe/USA and put up a tough Russian persona as their style whilst buying American goods.

Iran is no different, same shit. Isolated. Every sane Iranian studies in the west to escape.

To me it seems like Russia deployed it's lowest quality soldiers from it's poorest equipped divisions to fight, the question is why. IMO the most likely reason, if you exclude simple hubris or incompetence, is that they want to save their best soldiers and equipment in case the war broadened to include NATO. The Russians are experiencing high casualties but they're still getting the job done at this point.

When you view videos of soldiers talking under interrogation, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt. The Russians initially wanted to storm and overwhelm Ukraine. Now that they're meeting stiff resistance, the Russians will have no choice but to use more heavy handed tactics. Some people are surprised by Russian casualties, but Ukraine has been armed and is being supported by NATO which is no joke. Wars are not black in white and no victory is absolute. Wars will always include back and forth, retreats, regrouping, etc Right now the Russians are slowly but surely advancing. I'll be curious to see what the situation looks like in a month from now.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom