What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Iranian missiles can use GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU during flight. It’s next impossible to prevent it as it would need to access the system only briefly and as a redundancy measure to ensure interial and gyroscope data is correct.

During terminal phase it wouldn’t make sense to use GPS because it is NOT ACCURATE enough when a warhead is moving Mach 5 through the atmosphere to give precise location data.

Israel government dont care when they risk the life of thousand of Israeli people threating a war with Iran.

But they will think twice if they will be accurately targeted by Iran in case of war. Moreover Israeli people are not aware of the real risks of a war with Iran, maybe Iran should do a demo of their caps to teach the Israeli journalists what is important and what is not :lol: .

I also suggested a demo of irans missiles capability a year ago or so. Then in January this year Iran did this demo. Me think no questions were left.

I dont know what guidance system use Iranian missiles, I guess they can't rely in GPS :lol:

I think they copy inertial guidance systems of ancient soviet missiles, but today computers, memory, etc.. are very cheaper and smaller than decades ago.

Iranian INS, developed by Iran, is based on a high accurate laser gyro in the second generation (as far as i know second generation). Iran uses laser gyro over at least a decade and the newest generation me think is not much more possible to optimize.

Why they dont develop this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TERCOM
For their cruise missiles?

It depends what and how you want something to archive. Tercom is older system from before gps came up, but can still be used in some missions.

They can launch a unarmed cruise misile in front of Bibi house, it's a public know place. :enjoy:

Israeli engineers can help Iranian to develop a TERCOM system, it will be minimized the amount of innocent Israeli dead people in case of war with Iran.

One do not need to kill civilians. It goes faster if you take out the military infrastructur, the energy infrastructure and the transport infrastructure. Sure there will also die some civilians. But it is war and in war people die.

It depends what and how you want something to archive. Tercom is older system from before gps came up, but can still be used in some missions.

Tercom is a more EW resistant system. Both Iran and Russia have tested long range GPS jammers. And due to slow moving nature of CM and terrain hugging altitude of CM it is more susceptible to GPS jamming than a BM during flight.

The best would be a Tercom system using interial guidance alongside GPS as a redundancy. It should be able to detect EW attacks and disregard GPS data when suspecting EW manipulation.

Tercom is a more EW resistant system. Both Iran and Russia have tested long range GPS jammers. And due to slow moving nature of CM and terrain hugging altitude of CM it is more susceptible to GPS jamming than a BM during flight.

Yes, this is why i wrote "It depends"

The best would be a Tercom system using interial guidance alongside GPS as a redundancy. It should be able to detect EW attacks and disregard GPS data when suspecting EW manipulation.

Iran has very good experience in EO devices. Maybe the sat data for terrain world wide is coming in at the moment. We have to wait for more announcements as only some pic from US-bases.

Oc by me
No you can't.png

Turkey is on the verge of bankruptcy. Their economy is basically in ruins. No tourism because of Coronavirus and the small fortune Erdogan has spent on Syria/Libya hasn't really paid off the way he envisioned that it would.

In desperation Erdogan is now trying to claim resources from southern Cyprus, basically European resources. Europe will not stand for that. Recently French jets did constand fly bys above a Turkish drilling ship. Erodgan is now playing a very dangerous game in multiple theaters.

Despite endless negotiations with Washington and countless delays, the Turks are going ahead with the implementation of the S-400, which could easily lead to sanctions from the US. The Europeans are talking about sanctions as well which would completely eradicate Turkey's economy.

On the other hand the Syrian mercenaries in Libya, numbering 30,000+ are each being paid $2000 a month, not including food, weapons, spare parts, etc. Turkey lost 3 air defense systems in Watiya and has lost well over 20+ drones each priced at $5 million. War is costly and Erdogan needs more gains in Libya to acquire Libyan oil.

Egypt however has stated that Sirte, Turkey's next target, is a red line. Most Turkish fanboys completely dismiss the Egyptian/UAE military capabilities but Egypt has Rafale jets, SU-35's, about 200 F-16's and thousands of Abrams tanks. Not to mention that Libya is very close to Egypt, only seperated by a line in the ground that doesn't exist. Turkey on the other hand has to send forces all the way across the meditteranean. Their F-16's would have to fly a long way just to reach LIbya and realistically their F-16's are no match for Rafale's or SU-35's. The UAE is currently moving jets to Egypt near striking range as well. Rafale jets were responsible for destroying the 3 Turkish air defense systems in Watiya, so that's not a good sign.

In regards to missile tech, Turkey has a long way to go until they can match Iran. Iran has hypersonic missiles, a large stockpile of missiles with pinpoint accuracy and Iranian missiles can reach all of Europe. Realistically Iran has the know how to produce a missile that could reach Washington but for political reasons, they're capping the range of their missiles at 2500 no matter what.

In terms of their nuclear program, Russia is going to build several nuclear reactors in Turkey, but Russian technicians will be running the show and will remove all the depleted Uranium monthly. If Turkey tries to go nuclear or develop it's missile program further, again they're teetering on the brink of devastating sanctions being imposed and unlike Iran, Turkey does not have natural resources to naturally fall back on and their economy is too dependent on trade with Europe.

Who knows, only time will tell, but Erdogan is walking a tight rope at the moment.

Turkey unveiled their 'new' missile technology just yesterday

I don't know why you reacted in such a way to my post, but regardless have a 'Like' for the effort.

When you aren’t under brutal sanctions regimes projects can be accomplished must faster.

Iran should actually be pleased with this development. It makes the West’s demand to reign in BM activity absurd when Saudi Arabia and Turkey are all increasing their respective programs.

Also what will Israel due in this situation? Does it plan to sabotage the Turkish LR BM like it has attempted with IR Of Iran BM program?

As if their demands were legit and not absurd. lol

Harder to justify if Iran can claim its opponents have similar BMs. (Local Deterrence excuse)

Same reason why Iran should look forward to Turkey and Saudi enrichment of uranium on their own respective soil.

It weakens the argument of the West. Up to now, Iran is the only country having large scale nuclear enrichment on its soil in the Middle East as well as the only country fielding large accurate long range missiles (besides Israel’s Jericho missiles and Israeli nuclear weapons program).

Harder to justify if Iran can claim its opponents have similar BMs. (Local Deterrence excuse)

Same reason why Iran should look forward to Turkey and Saudi enrichment of uranium on their own respective soil.

It weakens the argument of the West. Up to now, Iran is the only country having large scale nuclear enrichment on its soil in the Middle East as well as the only country fielding large accurate long range missiles (besides Israel’s Jericho missiles and Israeli nuclear weapons program).
Do you seriously think that they care about Turkish or Saudi enrichment activities? Well, they don't. Do you see the IAEA requesting Saudi Arabia or Turkey for clarifications every single session they held? No. Iran was put under pressure for doing much less than what Saudi Arabia is doing now. Do you see UNSC resolutions against Turkey's missile program? No.Don't you see how the Chinese are equipping Saudis with game changing ballistic missiles like DF-21?

They don't need justifications. They impose what they want because they can. As simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom