What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Hi Triangle. I'm currently working on including my analysis of everything important from DID in a blog post. I'll post the link in the forum when it's finished.

As promised...

Defence Industry Day 2020/۱۳۹۹

I discuss the new Shahid Hajj Qassem quasi-MRBM, the Shahid Abu Mahdi 1000km anti-ship missile, and the promising Jahesh-700 turbofan.

Link ⬇

1598390287866.png

As promised...

Defence Industry Day 2020/۱۳۹۹

I discuss the new Shahid Hajj Qassem quasi-MRBM, the Shahid Abu Mahdi 1000km anti-ship missile, and the promising Jahesh-700 turbofan.

Link ⬇

View attachment 664012

Thanks for the post. I have a question though. You state that: ' On the F-4, it is launched from the outermost pylon, which would mean that an F-4 carrying such missiles could not travel very far. ' Why is it a thing that the F-4 carrying the Ghader on its outmost pylon would mean a shorter range?

Thanks for the post. I have a question though. You state that: ' On the F-4, it is launched from the outermost pylon, which would mean that an F-4 carrying such missiles could not travel very far. ' Why is it a thing that the F-4 carrying the Ghader on its outmost pylon would mean a shorter range?

No external fuel tank?

Iran Unveiling Achievements of Defense industry Day 2020: Martyr Haj Qasem ballistic missile ‌ Range 1400-1800 km ( 12 Mach speed), Long-range Naval land attack cruise missile Martyr Abu-Mahdi ( Naval Talayeh) range 1000+ km, light turbofan engine Jahsh-700

I just noticed that during Defense day for Abu Mahdi CM they used same footage from many years ago of Talayeh/Soumar unveiling launch.

Which makes me wonder what the difference between these two CMs are besides the name and a generation improvement?

Starts at 29:15 same footage

I just noticed that during Defense day for Abu Mahdi CM they used same footage from many years ago of Talayeh/Soumar unveiling launch.

Which makes me wonder what the difference between these two CMs are besides the name and a generation improvement?

Starts at 29:15 same footage

Abu Mahdi is a dedicated anti-ship variant of that family of cruise missile. It is using a completely different seeker.

That is more than the 90 missile per year rate of production I initially thought, based on a news article about the Shahab-3 production rate which was estimated by Western intel to be about 70 per year in 2007. I added 20 to it because of the experience gained in production, since the Shahab-3 started production 4 years before that (2003).
Remember guys they fired in 2017 in Syria 6 or 7 and in 2020 they fired some 15 on the americans so you need to curb these numbers a bit. Geez guys where do you come up with such numberso_O?! Oh I remmber when we moved from few dozen to few thousands in numbers :D

577 Ghadr-H in March 2014. Seeing as there are some more Ghadr-H's in that picture, let us take 600 Ghadr-H's produced in 4 years. That is ~150 per year at the least. That is more than the 90 missile per year rate of production I initially thought, based on a news article about the Shahab-3 production rate which was estimated by Western intel to be about 70 per year in 2007. I added 20 to it because of the experience gained in production, since the Shahab-3 started production 4 years before that (2003).

I'm still trying to look for more good quality pictures and video's and I thought I saw a serial number in the 800's from a news item in 2016. But the video is too blurry for my taste.

With a rate of production of at least 150 Ghadr's per year, gives us 1500 produced so far. For the Shahab-3, let us assume a yearly production rate of 110, assuming an average between the reported 70 production rate and the verifiable production rate of the Ghadr. Produced since 2003 and replaced in 2010 by the Ghadr, gives us ~800 Shahab-3.

Looking at the Qiam which is a smaller, lighter and cheaper missile than the MRBM ones, I revise my estimated production rate to be between that of the Fateh and that Ghadr which is ~260 Qiam produced per year. That would give us ~2600 Qiam SRBM since 2010.

Assuming the Emad is a new missile different from the Ghadr but still similar, produced since 2015 gives us ~750 Emad's.

Possible number: Shahab-3+Ghadr+Emad+Qiam= ~5650 modern liquid BM's not including Shahab-1/2, Sejjil and Khorramshahr.

Last edited:
Dammit, thanks for reminding me, I need to correct that! As others have mentioned, the F-4 carries its external fuel tanks on the outermost pylons. Iranian F-4s are rarely seen flying without their EFTs. So with the missile on those pylons, The F-4s would be limited to the Persian Gulf area, somewhat diminishing the advantage of aircraft-borne ASCMs - extended reach on a relatively survivable platform.

Last edited:
Dammit, thanks for reminding me, I need to correct that! As others has mentioned, the F-4 carries its external fuel tanks on the outermost pylons. Iranian F-4s are rarely seen flying without their EFTs. So with the missile on those pylons, The F-4s would be limited to the Persian Gulf area, somewhat diminishing the advantage of aircraft-borne ASCMs - extended reach on a relatively survivable platform.

It seems so. It looks like there is a ground clearance issue with the inner pylons when fitted with the ASCMs. Well at least they can use the centerline fuel tank when carrying 2 ASCMs

Iran can't scary anyone if they can't prove the accuracy of that missile.

Why they dont test hitting a test target in international waters? (In the mediterranean, over-flying Israel).

What guidance system use it? Only inertial?
are you aware that's not an Anti Ship Ballistic missile

are you aware that's not an Anti Ship Ballistic missile

I think nobody doubt about the explosive, the doubt is about the accuracy in that long range missile, they can hit some target in Syria too.

If Iran can prove the accuracy of 1 meter to hit Bibi head, maybe Israel will stop of try to do stupid things against Iran.

Iranian missiles only have inertial guidance?

Well, sure this could be testet if you personally hold Bibi longer than 15 minutes at the same place....

Israel government dont care when they risk the life of thousand of Israeli people threating a war with Iran.

But they will think twice if they will be accurately targeted by Iran in case of war. Moreover Israeli people are not aware of the real risks of a war with Iran, maybe Iran should do a demo of their caps to teach the Israeli journalists what is important and what is not :lol: .

I dont know what guidance system use Iranian missiles, I guess they can't rely in GPS :lol:

I think they copy inertial guidance systems of ancient soviet missiles, but today computers, memory, etc.. are very cheaper and smaller than decades ago.

Why they dont develop this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TERCOM
For their cruise missiles?

Terrain Contour Matching, or TERCOM, is a navigation system used primarily by cruise missiles. It uses a pre-recorded contour map of the terrain that is compared with measurements made during flight by an on-board radar altimeter. A TERCOM system considerably increases the accuracy of a missile compared with inertial navigation systems (INS). The increased accuracy allows a TERCOM-equipped missile to fly closer to obstacles and generally lower altitudes, making it harder to detect by ground radar.

They can launch a unarmed cruise misile in front of Bibi house, it's a public know place. :enjoy:

Israeli engineers can help Iranian to develop a TERCOM system, it will be minimized the amount of innocent Israeli dead people in case of war with Iran.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom