What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Keep in mind, they're including Fateh family missiles in that assessment. Their estimations are nothing but hot air. Iran has been producing missiles for decades. 2500-3000? Seriously?

Iran has been mass producing missiles for 20 years. Not “decades”. Shahab-3 was late 90’s. Most of the early models like Shahab-3A are retired. Missiles fired during Iran-Iraq war were bought from NK, Libya, and Syria they weren’t mass produced.

Nobody knows how many BMs Iran can truly produce per month. Could be 10 could be 100.

I think Iran has a total arsenal of 10,000 BMs. Which isn’t a lot if you think about it.

If 20% of missiles fail and 30% of missiles get destroyed in air strikes/cruise missile during initial phase of war, that leaves 5,000 missiles that get close to target (not calculating another 20% for missiles that get intercepted).

Iran has been mass producing missiles for 20 years. Not “decades”.

You do realise 20 years is 2 decades i.e decades, right?

Nobody knows how many BMs Iran can truly produce per month. Could be 10 could be 100.

I think Iran has a total arsenal of 10,000 BMs. Which isn’t a lot if you think about it.

If 20% of missiles fail and 30% of missiles get destroyed in air strikes/cruise missile during initial phase of war, that leaves 5,000 missiles that get close to target (not calculating another 20% for missiles that get intercepted).

Exactly, no one knows how many missiles Iran has, however to suggest they have 3000, is borderline insanity. That would mean, over the last lets say 20 years, Iran produced 150 missiles per year (that includes fateh type missiles). Only a fool would think that mirrors reality.

I think US CENTCOM is a more reliable source than dudes on this forum.

Their estimates are based on intelligence data, knowledge of missile technology and other things----- and not on some guestimates people make on this forum....

3000 ballistic missiles is a good number---assuming 50% success rate you can destroy 1500 targets with unitary warheads or cluster munitions.

Last edited:
2500-3000 is still a very high number. We just don't know what they include in those figures. As in, do they include Fateh-110 or 313 as part of the number or seperate in terms of long range tactical rockets.

I think US CENTCOM is a more reliable source than dudes on this forum.

Their estimates are based on intelligence data, knowledge of missile technology and other things----- and not on some guestimates people make on this forum....

3000 ballistic missiles is a good number---assuming 50% success rate you can destroy 1500 targets with unitary warheads or cluster munitions.
While i think 3,000 is a "good number", my gut tells me its more like low xx,xxx to high xx,xxx" and i dont think that is on the extreme side. I'm quite confused now too....cuz if this estimate is correct??? nah...its off.guaranteed off. He might have given a low number intentionally too, maybe to not raise an alarm.

Last edited:
compare that video with this one:
they just accept your power when ever some of those missile just strike on their baises,in the video which i've posted the so called expert says "in case Iran wants to hit my office in bahrain they must lunch thousands of fateh missile"......even about the khalije fars he says the ship which has shown in the video clip has been shot by a cruise missile not ballistic one.......these poor guys are so arrogant and we have to talk them with their lingo which is might and power..........lunch more missile and give more respect

we tolled you, Iran will prevail

In these days when all focus is on COVD-19 we should also note that the US is leaving several bases in Iraq as the confrontation with Iran-aligned Shia militias is escalating. This is not going well.

Keep in mind, they're including Fateh family missiles in that assessment. Their estimations are nothing but hot air. Iran has been producing missiles for decades. 2500-3000? Seriously?

They may NOT consider Fateh Class as Ballistic Missiles but rather Guided Rocket Artillery &/or in theater missiles. But not BM's
You can say Iran's Fateh class is basically a modernized precision guided version the USSR Frog-7 that is categorized as Rocket Artillery NOT a BM either that OR they really have BAD intel! Fateh-110 has been mass produced for almost 2 decades!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K52_Luna-M

2560px-thumbnail.jpg

Even they were to calculate the Fateh-110 at low rate of 2 per week or 104 per year over the past 16 years post 04 alone Iran would have a stock of 1664 F-110 (alone)
And that's not including all the other Fateh classes F-313 Zolfaghar Dezful PG Hemoz1/2 or the new Raad-500.

And we haven't even gotten to vertically launched BM!

So no! He would have to be DELUSIONAL to think that!

compare that video with this one:
they just accept your power when ever some of those missile just strike on their baises,in the video which i've posted the so called expert says "in case Iran wants to hit my office in bahrain they must lunch thousands of fateh missile"......even about the khalije fars he says the ship which has shown in the video clip has been shot by a cruise missile not ballistic one.......these poor guys are so arrogant and we have to talk them with their lingo which is might and power..........lunch more missile and give more respect

These people have been milking the PG Arabs for years now!

Just imagine with the amount of money they have been spending vs us if they were to tell the Saudi's: We'll Iran actually has 10,000 Missiles (BM, CM, Guided Artillery Rockets,....) And they have the accuracy to target bunkers

It's really no that hard to predict how they would react!

They may NOT consider Fateh Class as Ballistic Missiles but rather Guided Rocket Artillery &/or in theater missiles. But not BM's
You can say Iran's Fateh class is basically a modernized precision guided version the USSR Frog-7 that is categorized as Rocket Artillery NOT a BM either that OR they really have BAD intel! Fateh-110 has been mass produced for almost 2 decades!

2560px-thumbnail.jpg

Even they were to calculate the Fateh-110 at low rate of 2 per week or 104 per year over the past 16 years post 04 alone Iran would have a stock of 1664 F-110 (alone)
And that's not including all the other Fateh classes F-313 Zolfaghar Dezful PG Hemoz1/2 or the new Raad-500.

Just imagine with the amount of money they have been spending vs us if they were to tell the Saudi's: We'll Iran actually has 10,000 Missiles (BM, CM, Guided Artillery Rockets,....) And they have the accuracy to target bunkers

They would have bought 10 more battalions of patriot . and at least 5 more thaad

2560px-thumbnail.jpg

Iran's Fateh family of ballistic missiles is not based on the Soviet FROG-7. It was developed from the Zelzal-2 artillery missile.

Iran's Fateh family of ballistic missiles is not based on the Soviet FROG-7. It was developed from the Zelzal-2 artillery missile.

Yea and what do you think the Zelzal-2 it's self was based off of?
https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/zelzal-2.htm
https://www.nti.org/learn/countries/iran/delivery-systems/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelzal-2#cite_note-nti-4

So Zelzal it's self is improved Iranian version of the Frog-7 and other missiles who themselves were also based off of the Frog-7.... There is no shame in that because that simply the starting point decades ago!

Point is the ONLY way that 2500-3000 figure makes any kind of sense is if they categories the entire Fateh-Family as ether Guided Rocket Artillery or in theater or battlefield missiles and NOT BM's

Iran's Shahab-1, Shahab-2 & Shahab 3 Missile stock alone is well over 1500 and we haven't even gotten to the missiles mass produced over the past decade Qiam-1, Gadr-H, Ghadr-F, Sejil, Khoramshar,...

Let alone the MOST widely produced and the most accurate of Iranian BM which is the Fateh-Family that cover 250km-1000km

They would have bought 10 more battalions of patriot . and at least 5 more thaad

That's about what they would need to cover 2500-3000 missiles.... How much more money do you think the Saud's can spend especially with current Oil prices?

Yea and what do you think the Zelzal-2 it's self was based off of?
https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/zelzal-2.htm
https://www.nti.org/learn/countries/iran/delivery-systems/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelzal-2#cite_note-nti-4

So Zelzal it's self is improved Iranian version of the Frog-7 and other missiles who themselves were also based off of the Frog-7.... There is no shame in that because that simply the starting point decades ago!

Point is the ONLY way that 2500-3000 figure makes any kind of sense is if they categories the entire Fateh-Family as ether Guided Rocket Artillery or in theater or battlefield missiles and NOT BM's

Iran's Shahab-1, Shahab-2 & Shahab 3 Missile stock alone is well over 1500 and we haven't even gotten to the missiles mass produced over the past decade Qiam-1, Gadr-H, Ghadr-F, Sejil, Khoramshar,...

Let alone the MOST widely produced and the most accurate of Iranian BM which is the Fateh-Family that cover 250km-1000km

That's about what they would need to cover 2500-3000 missiles.... How much more money do you think the Saud's can spend especially with current Oil prices?
Depends on how serious they are.
And to be honnest those missile dont need to be missile they can be big artillery rockets like Zelda.

Back
Top Bottom