What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

hey dear friend.....could we conclude from this video that photogrammetry drone which is built by Iran,merely is a way on which we are able to guide our cruise missile?!.....if anybody has any idea tells us.....thanks

I claimed that it was Fateh type missile. Iran could have increased the range by 100 odd km but what I said still is true.

You're trying to twist things now. The truth was, you did not even know the basic facts like the range of missile used in the attack. You stated it was a 300km ranged missiles when the bases are not even within that range.

The Iranian strike on ISIS were said to be way off. Only the Kurdish ones struck in 60-80km range were struck with accuracy.

According to who? You? The actual experts state otherwise:

There is 0 evidence of Iran striking 300-400km target with accuracy. Of course, CEP of 100m is still almost accurate but not very accurate.

"0 evidence", then what on earth do you call the attack on the US air base?

Iran-buscaba-causar-muertos-victimas_EDIIMA20200109_0597_19.jpg

You seriously need to stop commenting on topics you clearly know little about.

Iran even displayed its unique fighter plane calling it 5th generation one. That doesn't mean Iran actually has that Technology.

More lies. It seem you're only able to post false information. Show me when Iran ever claimed it displayed a fifth generation plane.

Unless Iran has semiconductor Technology, it is impossible to have accurate INS. Now it's may be hiding it's semiconductor Technology as I don't know all Iranian state secrets. But there are no known semiconductor fabrication facilities in Iran. Activities like silicon processing etc are not very easy to hide, though the Fab itself is easy to hide

Unless you have proof that Iran does not have such capability, then I suggest you quit wasting everyones time with these unsubstantiated comments. Frankly the level of ignorance being displayed by your comment is rather humiliating.

Last edited:
So how is Iran achieving less than 10 m CEP then ? Deny this and I will start posting pics and vids of IRGC missiles hitting pinpoint targets.

This guy did not even know the difference between a liquid and solid fuel ballistic missiles until a few weeks ago (he claimed Fateh is liquid fuelled) so I am not surprised he is this out of touch with reality.

Design is one thing, fabrication is another. India has designed 22nm chipsets too but can only fabricate 180nm in mass scale. Iran may have designed chips but not fabricated them.

Iran doing 90nm fabrication 10 years back is a unlikely. The timeline of fabrication technology is:
2000-2001: 180nm
2002-2003: 135nm
2004-2005: 90nm
2006-2007: 65nm
2008-2009: 45nm
2010-2011: 32nm
2012-2013: 22nm
2014-present: 14nm

10nm is still under development while companies like Samsung wrongly brands 14nm as 10nm by using different measurement parameter. But real 10nm of intel is not yet out.

Iran having 90nm technology in 2009-2010 is unlikely as only USA and its minions (Korea, Taiwan) had the technology. USA was leading by at least 10 years ahead of nearest rival of China & Russia. How can Iran get so advanced technology then?

I can't understand a word of what they are saying. I have only one question- whether Iran manufactured the chipset in Iran or only designed it in Iran and then got it manufactured by someone else in limited quantity?

Of course, Iran won't announce all military technology. But everyone is looking for semiconductor technology with Iran as semiconductor technology is more important than even nuclear technology. Someone will notice if Iran is indeed capable of making chipsets. Though, it is not necessary that they will disclose it in public.

Here is an article about Iran designing CPU but getting it manufactured in Taiwan:
https://www.eetimes.com/iran-develops-32-bit-processor/

Are you sure you are not speaking of this?

Nope, that was a processor another made from SPARC core, this one is a microcontroller with RISC design.

I saw a thread of join development of microprocessors between Iranian firms and Russians ( probably with MCST) and most Iranian radar and controller processors may be originated from Russian designs.
And they find out, those processors were comparatively cheaper then local production. So unless there is any extreme design being developed in Iran that is worth manufacturing locally I can't see any reason for local development.

Last edited:
Key to narrower and finer circuit printing is advances in lithography that has enabled decreasing the minimum width of printing from 180nm to 14nm. All Iran needed was to get its hands on one of those lithography machines and it could start producing chips with 14nm accuracy.
The problem is in getting this lithography machine. One can't simply get a machine just like that. It is easier to get a nuclear bomb than get a lithography machine.

90 nm was 1988. Comercial use starts later at 2002/2003
"A 90 nm silicon MOSFET was fabricated by Iranian engineer Ghavam Shahidi (later IBM director) with D.A. Antoniadis and H.I. Smith at MIT in 1988. The device was fabricated using X-ray lithography.[1]"
So, the semiconductor in 1980s were pretty bad and hence USA could not make advanced equipment like Laser guided bombs, accurate missile defence etc till 1990. Only the semiconductor revolution with advancement to 800nm (0.8um) in 1987 made the semiconductor small enough to be used in smaller equipments like pods and get better accuracy in missile defence. The revolution in communications like internet, mobile phones were also due to the advancement of semiconductor to 600nm or lower. If 90nm was already in 80s, then the development of technology would have been far faster than what it is now.

Well, who cares about Intel if AMD sell 7nm cpu and gpu?
AMD is just a proxy of Intel to avoid Intel from being an illegal monopoly. USA law prohibits monopoly and hence AMD is made to ensure that there is no situation of monopoly.

You're trying to twist things now. The truth was, you did not even know the basic facts like the range of missile used in the attack. You stated it was a 300km ranged missiles when the bases are not even within that range.
It is a fact that Iran used Fateh derived missile against USA airbase attack. Where did I say something wrong? The range was also roughly 300km itself.

"0 evidence", then what on earth do you call the attack on the US air base?
I am saying that Iran and USA coordinated the staged attack to ensure Iran gets to save its face while not harming USA soldiers. So, USA and Iran coordinated (may be with Russia as mediator) to use foreign guidance in missiles to hit USA airbase. So, Iranian missile was probably using guidance kit from Russia or USA to ensure the attack is staged well

So how is Iran achieving less than 10 m CEP then ? Deny this and I will start posting pics and vids of IRGC missiles hitting pinpoint targets.
Why don't you give me the video of ballistic missile of Iran having that accuracy? I don't deny that cruise missile of Iran can have that accuracy. I am specifically asking for accuracy of ballistic missile

Nope, that was a processor another made from SPARC core, this one is a microcontroller with RISC design.

I saw a thread of join development of microprocessors between Iranian firms and Russians ( probably with MCST) and most Iranian radar and controller processors may be originated from Russian designs.
And they find out, those processors were comparatively cheaper then local production. So unless there is any extreme design being developed in Iran that is worth manufacturing locally I can't see any reason for local development.
This is my point - Iran is not making the chips in its country. Local production means that Iran has full control on its production and will not be limited by foreign countries' politics. This is what I was talking about.

The problem is in getting this lithography machine. One can't simply get a machine just like that. It is easier to get a nuclear bomb than get a lithography machine.

So, the semiconductor in 1980s were pretty bad and hence USA could not make advanced equipment like Laser guided bombs, accurate missile defence etc till 1990. Only the semiconductor revolution with advancement to 800nm (0.8um) in 1987 made the semiconductor small enough to be used in smaller equipments like pods and get better accuracy in missile defence. The revolution in communications like internet, mobile phones were also due to the advancement of semiconductor to 600nm or lower. If 90nm was already in 80s, then the development of technology would have been far faster than what it is now.

AMD is just a proxy of Intel to avoid Intel from being an illegal monopoly. USA law prohibits monopoly and hence AMD is made to ensure that there is no situation of monopoly.

It is a fact that Iran used Fateh derived missile against USA airbase attack. Where did I say something wrong? The range was also roughly 300km itself.

I am saying that Iran and USA coordinated the staged attack to ensure Iran gets to save its face while not harming USA soldiers. So, USA and Iran coordinated (may be with Russia as mediator) to use foreign guidance in missiles to hit USA airbase. So, Iranian missile was probably using guidance kit from Russia or USA to ensure the attack is staged well

Why don't you give me the video of ballistic missile of Iran having that accuracy? I don't deny that cruise missile of Iran can have that accuracy. I am specifically asking for accuracy of ballistic missile

This is my point - Iran is not making the chips in its country. Local production means that Iran has full control on its production and will not be limited by foreign countries' politics. This is what I was talking about.

but I don't know if they have any production line and other facilities at least for R&D inside of Iran.
So don't conclude on my assumption...

A country that spent a lot of time developing electronics systems may have their eye on this kind of technology....
I can't draw any conclusion, secrecy matters...

Last edited:

Well, i would like to show you the announcements and reports about Iran producing Wafers an 90 nm or better. But google is more and more limited in what it shows to you if i compare to 10 years or 15 years ago. Some call it censorship.

BUT

I found this. At Tabriz University in Iran there were already researches about Excimer Laser Lithography in 2003.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.e...71afa3f639a50ddef959a2a503831a28c186e9d722128

And there were a lot of other researches to this topic in iranian universities in 2004-2007 you can find behind paywalls at some
science portal.

So there were for sure a lot tests and prototypes at this time and laid the base for the 2006 sparc processor. Due to there exists already excimer laser lithography at that time in Iran, 90 nm (and today maybe better) are logic. Sure in small scale production, but in production.

Maybe some of the iranians here can ask A. Rostami or A. Rahmani or some other at Tabriz University for more information and then post it here. Google do not give you anything about it.

Well, i would like to show you the announcements and reports about Iran producing Wafers an 90 nm or better. But google is more and more limited in what it shows to you if i compare to 10 years or 15 years ago. Some call it censorship.

BUT

I found this. At Tabriz University in Iran there were already researches about Excimer Laser Lithography in 2003.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/49440186/A_proposal_for_high_resolution_photolith20161007-20439-4381d6.pdf?response-content-disposition=inline; filename=A_proposal_for_high_resolution_photolith.pdf&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A/20200222/us-east-1/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20200222T091131Z&X-Amz-Expires=3600&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=7c39a10c46380836bec71afa3f639a50ddef959a2a503831a28c186e9d722128

And there were a lot of other researches to this topic in iranian universities in 2004-2007 you can find behind paywalls at some
science portal.

So there were for sure a lot tests and prototypes at this time and laid the base for the 2006 sparc processor. Due to there exists already excimer laser lithography at that time in Iran, 90 nm (and today maybe better) are logic. Sure in small scale production, but in production.

Maybe some of the iranians here can ask A. Rostami or A. Rahmani or some other at Tabriz University for more information and then post it here. Google do not give you anything about it.
Excimer laser is the technology being used for several decades for fabrication. But that does not mean anyone can simply fabricate it. In 2006, 90nm was the latest technology. Iran having access to that is highly unlikely. Even countries like China, Russia etc did not have that technology. Only USA had that technology in 2006. The link you gave is not working. So, I can't verify that.

Secondly, considering the researches across universities, the R&D may simply be about design rather than fabrication. I have seen many universities in India and other countries designing 22nm and 14nm despite them not having the fabrication facility.

Excimer laser is the technology being used for several decades for fabrication. But that does not mean anyone can simply fabricate it. In 2006, 90nm was the latest technology. Iran having access to that is highly unlikely. Even countries like China, Russia etc did not have that technology. Only USA had that technology in 2006. The link you gave is not working. So, I can't verify that.

Secondly, considering the researches across universities, the R&D may simply be about design rather than fabrication. I have seen many universities in India and other countries designing 22nm and 14nm despite them not having the fabrication facility.

I repeat (maybe you dont read my posts so repeat is nessercery):

First commercial 90 nm was in 2002. In 2003 the biggest Semiconductors produce and sell 90 nm. In 2006 Iran show 180 nm sparc Leon and sparc Leon3 130 nm.

At that time ALL things one have to know for Excimer Laser Lithography for 90 nm are already researched and testet. Even upgrades were researched and testet. You can read it in the link to Tabriz University i posted. Also you can invest 2,99$ to find and read a lot more about iranian researches at that topic in the years from 2004-2007 in science portals.

Well, due to some strange happenings here at PDF (truth sometimes isnt a friend here) i end this discussion.

You can read the facts, or you dont. Its your world.

Edit:

WOW! The link i provided vanishs! The *.pdf behind it does no more exist! Hohooo, within a few hours after i wrote it here! But i found another place where the *pdf can be found. The authors are Ali Rostami and Ali Rahmani. Ali Rostami is this one

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ali_Rostami22

The new location of the *.pdf (Iran excimer laser lithography in 2003/2004) you can find here (i wonder how long it will last...)

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ution_photolithography_using_optical_limiters

Here a pic of the citing

"We show that, the linear and nonlinear index of refractions profile, and the number of layers in the proposed grating, determines the minimum line-width"
excimer-iran.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom