What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Mate, release your frustration on the somewhat slow pace of Indian missile development somewhere else... this is the main Iranian sticky thread on missiles.

At least when you would have argued with g-forces that occur instead of the temperature argument...
A chip is just a couple square centimetre in size and is packaged well. It has very little effect of G-forces. The real problem is in temperature for chipsets. The problem of G-forces is applicable for mechanical parts and can be rectified by repeated tests. It is just a matter of making the joints strong and slightly increasing weight to increase sturdiness to reduce shocks from G-Forces. But the main point here is semiconductor guidance. Off the shelf semiconductors can't be used in supersonic missiles simply because the heat generated by fast burning of fuel as well as heat from friction with air destroys the commercial chipsets.

Who is showing frustration here? India started semiconductor development in 1980s and India has been able to make accurate missiles by late 1990s. This is 2020. I am speaking strictly of Iranian missiles development and its relation with semiconductor technology. Iran can't make accurate missile until it develops semiconductor.

A chip is just a couple square centimetre in size and is packaged well. It has very little effect of G-forces. The real problem is in temperature for chipsets. The problem of G-forces is applicable for mechanical parts and can be rectified by repeated tests. It is just a matter of making the joints strong and slightly increasing weight to increase sturdiness to reduce shocks from G-Forces. But the main point here is semiconductor guidance. Off the shelf semiconductors can't be used in supersonic missiles simply because the heat generated by fast burning of fuel as well as heat from friction with air destroys the commercial chipsets.

Who is showing frustration here? India started semiconductor development in 1980s and India has been able to make accurate missiles by late 1990s. This is 2020. I am speaking strictly of Iranian missiles development and its relation with semiconductor technology. Iran can't make accurate missile until it develops semiconductor.
I worked in semiconductor industry and here are few things to know:

1- there are no specific Fab lines for military grade chips..the Mil Std chips have higher temp ratings due to their packaging (ceramic vs plastic)..G forces as you said it yourself have no effect on a chip set.
2- I am not familiar with current Iranian capabilities regarding the actual level of semiconductor manufacturing however I can tell you that in in late 1970s Iran did have IC manufacturing plant and clean rooms in Shiraz that was mostly bonding and packaging set up ..what has happened since then I do not know but judging from the incredible progress they made in other fields I can make some educated guesses.
3- China is a logical place for Iran to obtain Fab lines if they wanted to but generally these days you can buy any semiconductor packaged as per your specs in thousands. Any additional environmental (heat removal or freeze prevention) from the electronic modules are achieved by ruggedizing your enclosures.

Who is showing frustration here? India started semiconductor development in 1980s and India has been able to make accurate missiles by late 1990s. This is 2020. I am speaking strictly of Iranian missiles development and its relation with semiconductor technology.

First you had claimed Iran's Fateh-110 was a "liquid fuelled" ballistic missile. Then couple of weeks ago you were claiming the missiles Iran used on the US base were "300km ranged Fateh". Each time you're made out to be ignorant of basic facts you run and hide then come back with the same comments like you're doing in this thread. You seem to have an obsession with being proven wrong and humiliated?

Iran can't make accurate missile until it develops semiconductor.

And this is another outlandish statement that we can add to your growing list. Iran has not only made accurate missiles, but literally used them in practise agains US bases etc. So I have no idea what on earth you're talking about.

You seem to be upset that India cannot build such accurate missiles. Perhaps if you focused on building your own industry instead of importing almost everything then you can go somewhere.

Mate, release your frustration on the somewhat slow pace of Indian missile development somewhere else... this is the main Iranian sticky thread on missiles.

At least when you would have argued with g-forces that occur instead of the temperature argument...
LOL!!:sarcastic:
I was just thinking he would`ve been a great candidate for an analyst position at a right wing western think tank[CSIS perhaps?].He`d be able to give perfect "guesstimates" on why iranian missiles couldnt possibly have ceps better than hundreds of meters.Why I`m sure that he and anthony cordesman would get on together like a house on fire.
Speaking of cordesman,heres on of his "guesstimations" from just last year [may 30/2019] where he bases quite a bit of it on the relative amount of IMPORTS of military hardware vis a vis iran and the gulfies,and that because of this the gulfies must be much better armed,he doesnt even seem to consider taking into account the possibility that iran may be self sufficient in many areas of procurement thanks to its own military industrial complex.If I hadnt looked at the date I would`ve sworn that this had been written at least a decade prior.
https://www.csis.org/analysis/iranian-missile-threat

dude if the heat is a problem they can use heat shields to protect circuits or use cooling systems.
also there is a logic named proving by contradiction. it states that if our missiles are accurate, they will hit their target with accuracy. if they are not accurate they will not hit their targets with accuracy. as we know the missiles hit their targets with precise accuracy so we can say they have suitable electronics.

First you had claimed Iran's Fateh-110 was a "liquid fuelled" ballistic missile. Then couple of weeks ago you were claiming the missiles Iran used on the US base were "300km ranged Fateh". Each time you're made out to be ignorant of basic facts you run and hide then come back with the same comments like you're doing in this thread. You seem to have an obsession with being proven wrong and humiliated?

And this is another outlandish statement that we can add to your growing list. Iran has not only made accurate missiles, but literally used them in practise agains US bases etc. So I have no idea what on earth you're talking about.

You seem to be upset that India cannot build such accurate missiles. Perhaps if you focused on building your own industry instead of importing almost everything then you can go somewhere.
possibly he is digging for information.

Why even bother with someone how appears to be under the delusion that Iran of all places has no access to computer's processor's laptops.... apparently we need to produce high end processors.... to have access to them!

What a damn joke, Hajizadeh praising Qalibaf a known criminal and one of the heads of corruption in Tehran!

Hajizadeh is a known propagandist! Between him and Salami I don’t know which one is a bigger joke to hear speak. Salami is the “John McCain” of IRGC loves to talk tough and make outlandish claims and Hajizadeh just loves to hear himself speak while spreading his propaganda.

The real military minds are behind the scenes fighting and building. These guys might as well be labeled PR reps.

Ain al Assad happened what 10 months after Trump claimed to have hacked Iranian missiles? LOL! Hajizadeh said he was lying and fools like you(The brainwashed BBC crowd) turned and said that it was actually Hajizadeh that was lying and that he was nothing more than a regime propagandist! And what happened? LOL! PPL like you never learn!
Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 American UAV'S get hacked and captured by Iran and fools like you still can't see the truth! So of course when Hajizadeh gives credit to his predecessor ppl like you (brainwashed BBC crowd) will have a hard time accepting it! Plus its not like fools like you vote in our elections! So believe what u like!

Ain al Assad happened what 10 months after Trump claimed to have hacked Iranian missiles? LOL! Hajizadeh said he was lying and fools like you(The brainwashed BBC crowd) turned and said that it was actually Hajizadeh that was lying and that he was nothing more than a regime propagandist! And what happened? LOL! PPL like you never learn!
Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 American UAV'S get hacked and captured by Iran and fools like you still can't see the truth! So of course when Hajizadeh gives credit to his predecessor ppl like you (brainwashed BBC crowd) will have a hard time accepting it! Plus its not like fools like you vote in our elections! So believe what u like!

Not sure what you are blabbering about. Your incoherent speech is worse than usual. Hajizadeh is nothing but a propagandist, he has no value to the IRGC. Neither does Salami.

Not sure what any of your nonsense has to do with the fact this man is praising Qalibaf a known corruption and extortionist! You completely ignored the topic and went on and on about Trump and Iran missiles and about hacked UAVs. Trump is also a known propagandist!

So don’t sit and cry about Iran Khodro corruption and then also turn a blind eye to the mafia bazi that is IRGC conglomeration. Those in the know in Iran know what they are talking about while fools like you sit on the outside looking in! That is all I will say on that matter.

You knew we pray our missiles to hit target and let tell you one things evidence shows that our prayer is far more powerful than those chips you guys use.

there are no specific Fab lines for military grade chips..the Mil Std chips have higher temp ratings due to their packaging (ceramic vs plastic).
The fab used is same for military and civilian goods but the architecture is very different. This involves derating or leaving spaces between rows/columns of transistors in chips. This menas that a chip which could have workd in 2GhZ clock rate will now be working on 0.5GhZ or 1GhZ as lot of spacing is given to reduce short circuit. The packaging is also made more rigid and insulating. But that alone is not enough. It also requries derating the semiconductor in such a way that the semiconductor does not short circuit at high temperatures.

I am not familiar with current Iranian capabilities regarding the actual level of semiconductor manufacturing however I can tell you that in in late 1970s Iran did have IC manufacturing plant and clean rooms in Shiraz that was mostly bonding and packaging set up ..what has happened since then I do not know but judging from the incredible progress they made in other fields I can make some educated guesses.
Packaging is not a big technology. Fabrication is the real technology. Packaging is a simpler job and doesn't need the precision needed to make ICs to the scale of nanometres or micrometer. Iran never had any fabrication facility.

China is a logical place for Iran to obtain Fab lines if they wanted to but generally these days you can buy any semiconductor packaged as per your specs in thousands. Any additional environmental (heat removal or freeze prevention) from the electronic modules are achieved by ruggedizing your enclosures
Selling fabrication technology is too big a risk which someone will take only if there is a major strategic reward. What does Iran have to offer China to be able to buy such a huge technology device? Moreover, you can't buy any semiconductor, especially derated ones used in military items.

When did I say that USA was not struck by Iran? I am only saying that Iran used GPS or some other guidance system which is otherwise unreliable in war time. The real accuracy of missile is in using INS. Using cheap GPS trackers is not really a display of accuracy.

You knew we pray our missiles to hit target and let tell you one things evidence shows that our prayer is far more powerful than those chips you guys use.
dude if the heat is a problem they can use heat shields to protect circuits or use cooling systems.
also there is a logic named proving by contradiction. it states that if our missiles are accurate, they will hit their target with accuracy. if they are not accurate they will not hit their targets with accuracy. as we know the missiles hit their targets with precise accuracy so we can say they have suitable electronics.
There are rumours that USA helped Iran strike its base to make Iran appear good in front of its people as well as avoid USA casualty. The rumours say that the attack on USA bases were staged and USA already had warning and evacuated the structures and kept its soldiers underground. Some even say that Iran eliminated Soleimani to gain favour with Arabs & negotiate withdrawal of sanctions by asking USA to kill him and then stage manage a retaliation to pretend to be angered.

There is very little reason to say that Iran actually can hit accurately on its own without any foreign assistance as semiconductor is lacking. INS guidance requires semiconductor technology to have accuracy.

Not sure what you are blabbering about. Your incoherent speech is worse than usual. Hajizadeh is nothing but a propagandist, he has no value to the IRGC. Neither does Salami.

Not sure what any of your nonsense has to do with the fact this man is praising Qalibaf a known corruption and extortionist! You completely ignored the topic and went on and on about Trump and Iran missiles and about hacked UAVs. Trump is also a known propagandist!

So don’t sit and cry about Iran Khodro corruption and then also turn a blind eye to the mafia bazi that is IRGC conglomeration. Those in the know in Iran know what they are talking about while fools like you sit on the outside looking in! That is all I will say on that matter.

LoL! Salami is one toughest most hardworking people in all of Iran! That much I know as an absolute fact! As for Hajizadeh he is the head of IRGC's Aerospace Forces and under his leadership the accuracy of Iranian missiles reached what it is today and Iran's UAV forces went from a bunch of large RC to what it is today! And that speaks for its self! So who are you to be criticizing Iranian Heroes like them?

IRGC is one of least corrupt institutions in Iran & just because fools like you have been brainwashed to believe BBC & VOA lies doesn't make it true!

T
When did I say that USA was not struck by Iran?

Is it a case of pretend reading comprehension? I am stating what you said couple of weeks ago when you did not even know the missiles used in the strike. You claimed it was a 300km ranged missile.

I am only saying that Iran used GPS or some other guidance system which is otherwise unreliable in war time. The real accuracy of missile is in using INS. Using cheap GPS trackers is not really a display of accuracy.

I already explained this to you last time but you're pretending to have amnesia. Both of those missiles had INS systems. Iran has been making INS system for accurate missiles for years.

Fateh-110 (possible 313) IMU system.
*Using fiber optic gyroscopes:

DyVq1uKWkAAwQNX.jpg

Qiam missile INS system.

DyVr88DWsAEKB5X.jpg

There are rumours that USA helped Iran strike its base to make Iran appear good in front of its people as well as avoid USA casualty. The rumours say that the attack on USA bases were staged and USA already had warning and evacuated the structures and kept its soldiers underground.

So US helped Iran pound its airbase where 100's of soldiers ended ended up with TBI. You people seem to live in your own fantasy land.

There is very little reason to say that Iran actually can hit accurately on its own without any foreign assistance as semiconductor is lacking. INS guidance requires semiconductor technology to have accuracy.

Except Iran has used missiles to hit targets accurately in practise. The only argument you have here is some conspiracy claims these were all staged. I am sure the Kurds that were vaporised by Iranian attack last year were also staged. As for claims regarding semiconductor, you have 0 evidence to prove Iran's military is not producing them. Just like you're clueless regarding INS systems being used in Iranian missiles, you're clueless regarding other aspects.

You seem to believe just because you Indians lack indigenous capability and rely on imports, that everyone else must too.

Last edited:
Bro, take it easy, this person does struggle with understanding Iranian missiles and the logic behind them. I also saw this person making bad arguments before, but you are already aware of it. lol

Back
Top Bottom