What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

It seems you are the one confused here. Ukraine only sold Iran the missile, it did not help Iran in reverse engineering the missile. You keep mixing up selling the missile with selling+tot/reverse engineering.

Okay, you are the one that is really confused.
Reverse engineer - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Full Definition of REVERSE ENGINEER
transitive verb
: to disassemble and examine or analyze in detail (as a product or device) to discover the concepts involved in manufacture usually in order to produce something similar

So you are saying the missile that Ukraine sold to you never helped you in designing your own missile?o_O None whatsoever? Nada? Zip? I don't care if Ukraine didn't help with tot. Iran has already shown that they can make clones like ScanEagle and RQ 170 without U.S. helping Iran with tot, correct?
new-iranian-missile.png

amo72127.jpg

Don't forget the missiles we bought from Ukraine according to reports due to the lack of maintenance were not operational.
so we could not just copy them.

When you say lack of maintenance? Are we talking missing parts? Or degraded you just need to replace them?

Just to be fair, when the ex-USSR split up, everyone, i mean everyone on this planet with some money was buying some thing from the ex republics, including the US who has gotten her hands on the S-300 system to "study it"!

Would that be equivalent to ScanEagle and RQ-170 as studying it? Do you see the American version of the S-300? No, to study it would be how to counter it with its strengths and weaknesses. We got our hands on the MIG 25 by the defector of the Soviet pilot. Does any of the aircraft look like that after we got our hands on it?

For one, you have not taken apart and studied the electronics in any of the mentioned platforms so where do you get this from? I do not know anything about Iranian capabilities and i do not doubt Iran but i know you are underestimating Soviet technology and the decades of experience, trial and error and improvements that has gone into those 1980's technologies.

It has a lot to do with rocket engines. Those rocket engines are more complex then you can imagine. Fuel system management, ignition, turbo management, ect are needed and crucial. Then there are sensors that monitor fuel pressure, oil pressure, heat, oxogen/nitrogen pressure, vibration sensors ect. All of those computers/sensors are working together so the rocket engine works properly.

So you are under the impression that the electronic and computing system used in those systems back in the 80's are not much less advanced that what Iran has available today? Are you having a laugh or do you not know anything about the rate of advancement in computing and electronics?

You are getting overly emotional. No on can deny the soviets were very advancement back then, but to compare their electronics and computing systems to what Iran has today is just to insult Iran. Even my smart phone has more computing power than most of what was available to the soviets back then.

Furthermore, you did not seem to understand my comment about the rocket engine. I was stating there is difference between how much rocket engine technology has come since then and how much we've advanced in computing for example.
My comments are purely aimed at computing and electronics and software and nothing else.

Todays Russia is more advance than Iran, no question about it. But I am talking about the Russia of 30 years ago.

transitive verb
: to disassemble and examine or analyze in detail (as a product or device) to discover the concepts involved in manufacture usually in order to produce something similar

So you are saying the missile that Ukraine sold to you never helped you in designing your own missile?o_O None whatsoever? Nada? Zip? I don't care if Ukraine didn't help with tot. Iran has already shown that they can make clones like ScanEagle and RQ 170 without U.S. helping Iran with tot, correct?

I never made that statement at all. I said all Ukraine did was sell Iran the missile, they did nothing more than that. The reverse engineering and upgrading has been done all by Iran. I am not denying Ukraine helped Iran by selling her the system, but that is where it ends.

Hawk missile was developed in 1960's and there are many different variants of missiles/radars which is being revealed into world market until now and I think Iranian variant that was copied from original, is quite old maybe MIM-23B or C. It seems that Some subystems are replaced with home made derivatives but This doesn't mean It is better than original because The countries which have already been using Hawk missiles, operates HAWK-XXI variants that is considered best HAWK missiles/radar system. In additions, There is a general logic in such discussions. If you had infastructure enough to design/develop a better missile than HAWK, You wouldn't have needed to one by one copy others' products. In parallel to this logic I expect that You wouldn't claim Iranian HAWK is better than XXI...

Now you're playing with dates. You seem to have amnesia or something. You made the statement the "copies" Iran has will be downgraded, and I showed you why your comment was moronic. It does not matter what you're upgrading, if you are upgrading it then by definition it can't be more downgraded, can it?

You don't know jack about Iranian HAWK system to claim whether it is more advance or not. You seem to have the habit of making baseless comments without putting even a 12 year old's level of logic into it.
If you want to be taken seriously either come with some facts or at least be logical.

transitive verb

When you say lack of maintenance? Are we talking missing parts? Or degraded you just need to replace them?

Would that be equivalent to ScanEagle and RQ-170 as studying it? Do you see the American version of the S-300? No, to study it would be how to counter it with its strengths and weaknesses. We got our hands on the MIG 25 by the defector of the Soviet pilot. Does any of the aircraft look like that after we got our hands on it?

If you really are an old man, then much more is expected from you.

US didn't make those Soviet systems because It already had either better systems or ones equal to Soviet types. So it wasn't necassary to spend billions to reverse engineer Soviet weapons, while it could develop deterance against them much easier and cheaper.

And please don't compare U.S with Iran. Your military budget is almost 14 times bigger than Iran's. We don't have military relations with any country, so developing entirely new systems requires huge amounts of money and resources. We have already developed domestic systems, especially in UAV and missile systems, but it's also wise to take already succesful weapons systems' designs and upgrade them to make better systems. This missile may look like Kh-55 in appearance, but you can not say with certainty that its internals are also the same which is highly unlikely to be so.

Ukraine gave these missiles to Iran, but not knowhow on making its subsystems and engine which is the main part. There are already speculations that we have used Turbofan engines for this missile which is not verified now, but if it's true, that's a HUGE step forward in terms of engine development and making domestic missiles and aircraft. There are already projects on making Turbofan engines for jet fighters, we don't know if they have been finished or not, but we will find out soon I suppose.

Almost 25 pages of mere nonsense,
That's not something so difficult to comprehend, everyone knows that's just a low copy of Russian old junk, which considering Iran's technological level and it's lack of GPS capability wouldn't mean much of a strategical break through if used in a conventional warhead.
In the eve of the nuclear negotiation deadline, that's just a clear message for the guys in the other side of the table, to know that in the case of a deadlock in the process, and Iran's break into the higher levels of enrichment, Iranians have already got their hands on the delivery system for their possible unconventional (If you know what I mean) warheads.
That's just a position booster for the negotiation table, simple as that.

Last edited:
Maybe not, but you can be sure that thy have used some tech, adjusted theirs and copied some. It might not be visible externally but There are known facts that the Mig-25 Foxbat was extremely intriguing to the US and NATO. it is too long to explain here but one can Google it and see what they have found in it. So one can also be sure that they have reverse engineered some. The fact that the US was still buying space rockets from the Russians recently tells a lot about what the US would like to RE if it can get its hands on the secret codes.

Almost 25 pages of mere nonsense,
That's not something so difficult to comprehend, everyone knows that's just a low copy of Russian old junk, which considering Iran's technological level and it's lack of GPS capability wouldn't mean much of a strategical break through if used in a conventional warhead.
In the eve of the nuclear negotiation deadline, that's just a clear message for the guys in the other side of the table, to know that in the case of a deadlock in the process, and Iran's break into the higher levels of enrichment, Iranians have already got their hands on the delivery system for their possible unconventional (If you know what I mean) warheads.
That's just a position booster for the negotiation table, simple as that.

So we have another hopeless here !?

Russian old junk

Do you know the level of soviets rocket technology !?

You don't know what you are talking about ...

Now you're playing with dates. You seem to have amnesia or something. You made the statement the "copies" Iran has will be downgraded, and I showed you why your comment was moronic. It does not matter what you're upgrading, if you are upgrading it then by definition it can't be more downgraded, can it?

You don't know jack about Iranian HAWK system to claim whether it is more advance or not. You seem to have the habit of making baseless comments without putting even a 12 year old's level of logic into it.
If you want to be taken seriously either come with some facts or at least be logical.

Dude, Before introducing a simple image in order to say "Look at that, It is copy but Ours is more advanced than original", Firstly learn telling deeper and informative matters on sub-components which makes your systems differ from its original copy. At least, When a question asked about it, You should provide your evidence to tell adverse of What others claims but You don't have anything to tell different than colour and size of that KH copy missile with a few pictures.
In additions, Without any evidence/proof, You are claiming that Your HAWK is better than Raytheon's latest variant Hawk XXI which is being used by many countries in NATO. When It is asked What makes your technology ahead of Raytheon which is used on their own designed missiles, You are suddenly posting a seeker head image. When It is asked about generation of seeker, semi conductors, modules used on antenne regarding that thing to compare the capabilities/heat level/precision/processing/datalink/resistance, You just look at the question gapingly and start judging the logics of questions, bashing the members who wants to ask/learn something more about it.

"If you want to be taken seriously either come with some facts or at least be logical." Defence forums are not kid's playground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom