What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

937021_814.jpg

Almost 25 pages of mere nonsense,
That's not something so difficult to comprehend, everyone knows that's just a low copy of Russian old junk, which considering Iran's technological level and it's lack of GPS capability wouldn't mean much of a strategical break through if used in a conventional warhead.
In the eve of the nuclear negotiation deadline, that's just a clear message for the guys in the other side of the table, to know that in the case of a deadlock in the process, and Iran's break into the higher levels of enrichment, Iranians have already got their hands on the delivery system for their possible unconventional (If you know what I mean) warheads.
That's just a position booster for the negotiation table, simple as that.
A cruise missile with an active radar doesn't necessary need to have access to GPS.the missile could be easily programmed to follow a certain route with saved map and data base.you dont need to hold a PHD in order to get this point.

My dear friend, if you had a little clue about military you would never question the importance of such a weapon.take USA wars in Iraq and Lybia as instance.tomahawk missiles were in the first waves to land on enemy territories all the time.

And please whenever you have nothing to add in a miliary-related thread stay silenced and avoid polluting the thread with political trash like always.

So we have another hopeless here !?
Indeed a hopeless. :lol:
A cruise missile with an active radar doesn't necessary need to have access to GPS.the missile could be easily programmed to follow a certain route with saved map and data base.you dont need to hold a PHD in order to get this point.
Believe me, you need it.
Indeed, you need a doctor of philosophy degree to understand that even if you hold a PhD on that subject you can't talk about it with that level of confidence.
.take USA wars in Iraq and Lybia as instance.tomahawk missiles were in the first waves to land on enemy territories all the time.
This is your level of reasoning.
َAlthough not very bad for a 19 year old kiddo, but not worth enough to be commented on.
And please whenever you have nothing to add in a miliary-related thread stay silenced and avoid polluting the thread with political trash like always.
Hope you can hear yourself, little bro.

Sure, Iran (or the glorious Persian empire as you people like to be called) has achieved what even China hasn't.
Firsy who said China does not have the capability for a CEP 5 or less?? They sure are more advanced than Iran at the moment... If they even don,t have these prices Missiles , I won,t be surprised as they possess NUKEs and a CEP of 100 or higher would be more than fine for them...but for Iran, we have no choice but to make it very accurate...

Still Iraqi who did all those crimes against civilians> Plus I feel for the families.
Don't worry...it is true that our civilian people suffered a lot from Saddam sense of cruelty but the only things that matter is that:
1- even during war days, we never chanted Down with Iraq, we only had Down with Saddam the Blood Drinker,..
2- Most of Shia Iraqis were either our allies in Iran or as forces in Iraq or were forced to fight in battle.. I have seen many of them here in Iran, regret if they could they never chose to fight our shia brothers in Iran... they said, horrible things about how Ba,ath regime forced them out of home to fight or they will be executed and their families as well.,,
The only thing that matters is that we never commit this mistake again and stay in one side for the glory of Islam (sunni or Shia).
Iraq must learn from Iran that being a submissive to west, never brings them good... they have to rely on their own power...they have human capital, money and energy... they have to rise again... and Iran will always be there for you...
Actually, those of my friends who left Iran to participate in Arbaeen parade in Iraq, described Iraqis as OUR BELOVED FAMILIES and they have not felt they are outside of Iran.

Ohh,its great to hear that finally India and Iran have started active co-operation in defense secto:enjoy:.Man,we can learn so much from each other if we co-operate in this field.Actually,i believe that there's a huge scope for a future co-operation in the fields of missile tech and active seeker tech between our two countries:cheers:.

Yes,i totally agree with you in this matter.We should probably invest our money in the indigenous defense industry rather than purchasing those expensive products from foreign countries.That way we'll be able to achieve both self-sufficiency in terms of defense requirement plus it will create thousands of jobs in India and we'll also able to save a huge amount of forex which can then be utilized in other sectors:coffee:.

India with its cheap labor can make three times more weapons with a same quality if they choose to make everything locally. You have the know how and millions of Indian diaspora to help you when you don,t have a tech... It is always a wiser decision to build 6 fighters with the price of two Imported ones...

Believe me, you need it.
Indeed, you need a doctor of philosophy degree to understand that even if you hold a PhD on that subject you can't talk about it with that level of confidence.
For the record, a modern cruise missile like Tomahawk doesn't merely rely on GPS or satellite link for navigation as they are not designed to hit only helpless countries like Libya or Iraq. They were designed to hit targets within former Soviet Union or today's Russia where they know all of the signals like that of GPS and Satellite links will be jammed. This capacity has been proven first in Iraq and later in Iran when they hacked jammed RQ-170 navigation system.

To counter this problem the missile has redundancies in it's guidance system like Terrain Contour Matching (TCM) and Digital Scene Matching Area Correlation (DSMAC) system in addition to GPS. Each of these system can replace the other in order to make sure the missile will reach its target. Iranians may not have access to GPS, but they can use the other two. Although I would argue they have access to GPS as well even though it may not provide the precision that USA enjoys (commercial GPS will provide -+15 m accuracy). For the terminal phase, a TV guide system like that of Khalije Fars could be used.

Iran : 9 billion dollars

US : 640-680 billion dollars minus the "black budget" projects

800px-Top_ten_military_expenditures_in_%24_in_2013.jpg.jpeg

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Iranian current official budget is $10 billion dollars and with taking another $1 billion asked last month it is 11 billions in total. Tasnim News Agency - Iran’s 2015 Draft Defense Budget Up by 32.5%
Although, it is when we convert Iranian rial into EXCHANGE RATE which is one third of its PPP purchasing power value. So, a better comparison would be to triple $11 billion to $33 billion if compared to American real budget power.

But still and despite cheaper Iranian prices, American budget is still 20 times more than Iran.

One should also consider Black Budget of IRCG projects that are fed directly by IRCG independent income from its projects.
One thing that is clear is that Iran can build many folds more weapons with its current budget. Specially, when a guided Missile like Fateh-110 has a production fee of 200 million Tomans based on what I have heard... it is $60000 at most... If what I have heard is right which with current PPP of Iran, it is very likely, then Iran can build a huge arsenal of weapons with even its current budget.

:D
A typical ignorant fanboy who don't have any idea What He is talking about...
My claims that Turkey can make nothing serious is as BACKED UP and credible as your claims about Iran building fake weapons (that scared the shit out of West, Occupied Palestine and Arabs on daily basis as they complain and worry!!)..take it now...
Although my point about Turkey being a political and military slave of west is a known fact not need to prove...
Turkey can make nothing but pistachio and Jeans... All its work is either low tech junk or supervised, designed, engineered by western scientists and installed under supervision of masters! Don,t try to show me your supervised stuff... even if you ever can send a spaceship to Mars, you are still Turk and can make nothing serious except for if your masters allow you to install a few parts under supervision

It won't happen ...

Upcoming >>>

IR - 655 missile ...
-118-.gif
IR-655 chie dige sardar? what about that B-2 style stealth bomber? can you clarify or it is classified yet?

They can but in most cases countries usually understate their capabilities not to reveal their true potential .

And in today's world , a live test can be easily monitored and all the required data can be collected by adversaries if needed .

My point was that releasing data of such systems is a normal thing .
They can but in most cases countries usually understate their capabilities not to reveal their true potential .

And in today's world , a live test can be easily monitored and all the required data can be collected by adversaries if needed .

My point was that releasing data of such systems is a normal thing .
Iran is under special conditions, it is very serious and helpful to leave exact specification to the day of battle for Iran... I think all Iran is doing is to to only show a hint of what he has in possess and don,t reveal its main aspects for surprise... Iran is in a condition that has to both alert adversaries for the consequences and at the same time leave some for surprise if War happens... I guess the it is the main reason behind publishing short, low quality videos of new weapons... At the same time with a short review of Iranian leaders' behavior, it shows that they are very sane and smart, they never make suicide and if they threat enemies with serious consequences or to destroy HAifa and Telaviv in case of they attack first, it shows that have serious strategic weapons ready to fire...otherwise, they never do such statements... I guess...most Iranian commanders are eager to reveal what they have but they need to keep it quite...what a suffering!!

My claims that Turkey can make nothing serious is as BACKED UP and credible as your claims about Iran building fake weapons (that scared the shit out of West, Occupied Palestine and Arabs on daily basis as they complain and worry!!)..take it now...
Although my point about Turkey being a political and military slave of west is a known fact not need to prove...
Turkey can make nothing but pistachio and Jeans... All its work is either low tech junk or supervised, designed, engineered by western scientists and installed under supervision of masters! Don,t try to show me your supervised stuff... even if you ever can send a spaceship to Mars, you are still Turk and can make nothing serious except for if your masters allow you to install a few parts under supervision

Don't worry, I will not show you anything serious because It is the people who is taken serious, deserve some serious response. I don't have a wish to decrease the level of this thread and mine, While trying to tell the things You don't have any idea...

Interesting article. Especially look at the clip at the end showing how this missile can be fit inside containers and be fired from trucks, and even cargo ships!

Iran’s cruise missile could strike targets beyond 2000 km | Defense Update:

soumar_1021-1021x483.jpg

Iran’s cruise missile could strike targets beyond 2000 km
Mar 8, 2015
According to expert assessments, if the Iranians had access to the Russian current TRDD-30 engine or the original R95, produced in the Ukraine, the missile could be able to carry a warhead of 410 kg to hit targets beyond 2,000 km. The strategic version of the missile (Kh55) used by the Russian Air Force carries 200-250 Kt nuclear warhead.

Share on emailShare on printfriendlyShare on pocketMore Sharing Services83

Iran unveiled yesterday a new, long range surface-launched land attack cruise missile. The new missile called ‘Soumar’ was presented yesterday to the Iranian Defense Minister, Brigadier general Hossein Dehqan. Unveiling the missile developed by Iranian scientists Dehqan said the new weapon ‘will increase Iran’s deterrence might’.

raduga_kh555-300x184.jpg

Radug Kh555 cruise missile loaded onto a Tu-95 bomber.
No details about the weapon’s specifications, performance or payload were provided but according to the Iranian media, Tehran plans to introduce an enhanced model of the missile this year, that will increase the range, accuracy and warhead capability of the current version.

The missile seems to be one of the variants of the ‘Meshkat’ cruise missile, announced by the director of the Iranian Defense Ministry’s Aerospace Organization, Brigadier General Mehdi Farahi three years ago. “Meshkatcruise missile, which God willing will be unveiled soon, has a range of more than 2,000 kilometers.” Farahi told the Iranian media in 2012, “it will be the upper hand of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

Soumar_line_725.jpg

A line of completed Soumar cruise missiles displayed to Defense Minister Brig. General Hossein Dehqan yesterday by Iran’s Aerospace Industries Organization (AIO). Photo: Mehr News Agency
As mentioned above, most of the Iranian coastal and naval attack missiles are based on Chinese C-series (C-701, 704, and 802). Unlike these, Soumar do not resemble any Chinese weapon, but bears close similarity to theRussian Kh55SM cruise missile. Iran acquired 12 such missiles from the Ukraine in 2001. These missiles were also sold to China in 2000 and more were delivered to an undisclosed customer, assumably North Korea.

TRDD-50_450-300x225.jpg

The Saturn TRDD-50 miniature turbofan engine was designed specifically for cruise missiles.
One of the factors determining the missile’s range is likely to be the miniature turbofan. The original weapon delivered to Iran was powered by the Russian designed, Ukraine made R95-300 mini-turbofan, but in the mid 2000s, as Russiatransferred the production of critical systems to its industry, equipping its new production missiles Kh55 with TRDD-50 turbofans made by the Russian Saturn company. According to expert assessments, if the Iranians had access to the Russian engine or the original R95-300 produced in theUkraine, the missile could reach an operational range of 2,000 km, carrying a warhead of 410kg weight. The strategic version used by Russian Air Force carries 200-250 Kt nuclear warhead.

This small, fuel efficient turbofan delivers the thrust and size class required to power cruise missiles, standoff missiles and UAVs. The cited thrust rating is 400 to 500 kp (880 to 1,000 lbf), with a dry mass of 95 kg (210 lb), a Specific Fuel Consumption of 0.65, a length of 0.85 m (33.5 in) and diameter of 0.33 m (13 in).

Russia is not likely to allow the export of such engines to equip foreign weapons programs, since it will be considered a violation of the MTCR regime. But Moscow agreed to supply such engines to power the Indian target drone ‘Lakshya’. However, the mini turbofans are believed to have also powered the Indian cruise missile Nirbhay on its maiden flight in October 2014.

soumar_with_general_Dehqan725.jpg

Iranian Defense Minister, Brigadier general Hossein Dehqan (right) with IRGC’s aerospace commander, Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh at the new missile. “It will be the upper hand of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran”
soumnar_back450.jpg

Launched from land-based or naval surface based platforms, Soumar uses a booster for the initial acceleration. The folded lattice tail controls are used to stabilize it as it accelerates from zero to cruising speed, when the missile gain enough speed to enable efficient use of conventional control surfaces.
As a variant of the Kh55, the Iranians could also pursue the course the Russian designers paved, turning their cruise missile into a versatile strike weapon launched from submarines, surface ships and ground based launchers. Unlike the fixed engine configuration of the Kh55, the 3R-54 ‘Club’ uses a ‘drop down’ engine, thus packing the cylindrical missile more efficiently in storage canisters, ensuring unobstructed launch procedure, particularly from the confined space of submarine launchers.

An interesting capability introduced by the missile manufacturer ‘AGAT’ is the containerized version – Club K, enabling the launching of cruise missiles from ‘innocent looking’ cargo ships, rail cars or trucks, a practice the Iranians, Syrians and their Hezbollah proxy have practiced many times in the past.

Its hostile to show weapons while Israel cries that iran is warmongering and we try to show the oppossite. How does this build up trust?
Its called transparency not aggressiveness .
You guys for several years complained that we are not transparent , now that we want to be transparent you moan that we are aggressive ?

and there isn't a day that Israel is not crying about Iran danger. can you look at the stars please and choose a lucky day so we unveil our next weapon in that day ,you know a day that this systems are not considered provocative.

When you say lack of maintenance? Are we talking missing parts? Or degraded you just need to replace them?
we are talking about Ukraine so I assume they certainly were degraded , but they certainly missed the warhead .
and don't forget Russian and Ukrainian at the time when the deal come to light said the missiles are inoperable and useless so they may have missed a critical part.

Back
Top Bottom