What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

My take is that these are the same Kh-55 that Ukraine sold them, except with a new paint job.

Things to note:
- These missiles do in fact have a range of 2500km
- It is very possible that Iran has reverse engineered them in the 14 years it has possessed them. Anything is possible in 14 years.
- Kh-55 is originally an air-launched missile, but the test was of ground launch. That raises a few questions.

The most important thing is that these missiles were actually made for nuclear weapons delivery, if that's not the job they are performing, they are not very useful except in mass numbers because they have poor accuracy. If Iran does produce them in mass numbers then it will be deploying them as tactical missiles, which raises another question. Remember that Russia does have tactical versions of Kh-55. But that missile is a significant upgrade over Kh-55. I doubt Iran has achieved that level of technological prowess.
This missile is too big and unmaneuverable to be a good tactical missile. The most useful utility of these will be as over glorified Scuds.
But, if Iran does develop nuclear weapons, then these missiles will alter the geopolitical situation. Without nuclear warheads these are just toothless tigers.

I doubt it has better capabilities compared to original Kh-55. Remember Iran is like clouds that thunder but do not rain. That said reverse engineering a kh-55 is also a big feat.

yeah yeahhhh... we are not raining... we are not raining in iraq,lebanon,syria,yeman,afghanistan,we rain in at least 4 or 5 countries but what does your country do ?we are the only country counter US and israel and still we are not raining... we are one of the military powers in midd east and one of the greatest nations in the middle of goddamn war.. always telling this with all due respect to great **** peoples, your goverment cant even control your own borders... that means that u cant even rain in your country... so dont talk like a superpower for us...

Last edited:
for those who are still skeptical about Mr lies broadcasting agent (aka Babak Taghavi) :
Iran unveils new long-range cruise missile called Soumar - Page 10

His father did a big mistake when he decided to not use the condom that night !
-2-28-.gif

for those who are still skeptical about Mr lies broadcasting agent (aka Babak Taghavi) :
Iran unveils new long-range cruise missile called Soumar - Page 10
In ACIG forum I exchanged some posts with him, it is truth that he knows some things about IRIAF, but his theories about Iran's defense industries other sections are pure BS.

He makes mind blowing claims!!! for example some years ago he claimed that Safir SLV was blown up by an IRGC HQ-2 battery!!! and the satellite launch was only a hoax, although he was proven to be wrong, and this is not the ''Omid'' we are talking about, he made this claim about ''Navid'' Iran's second satellite.

I won't go on about his other claims because some of them are mentioned on that militaryphotos post.

Not only he has no new information(only from early 90s) on Iran's defense industries other sectors(only fantasy stories to fool people), his hostility towards IRI has impaired his judgment, he can't even see what foreigners and enemies of Iran clearly see.

I never made that statement at all. I said all Ukraine did was sell Iran the missile, they did nothing more than that. The reverse engineering and upgrading has been done all by Iran. I am not denying Ukraine helped Iran by selling her the system, but that is where it ends.

Well you can downplay Ukraine's help in your cruise missile development thinking selling it was insignificant, but that helped your cruise missile development significantly. Just as I have said many times and pointed out in response to the person's question to sell or help, does it really matter on Ukraine's contribution even its 10% on that development?

Well you can downplay Ukraine's help in your cruise missile development thinking selling it was insignificant, but that helped your cruise missile development significantly. Just as I have said many times and pointed out in response to the person's question to sell or help, does it really matter on Ukraine's contribution even its 10% on that development?
the word "help" has a complex meaning. Iranian captured American's help!
2029128130077.jpg

Your repeating the same thing reminds me of a fly sitting on a horesdump and not letting go regardless of the World around it!
They gave us the blueprints. Now run and tell the others!
Actually here we have another important starategy in propaganda. The enemy finds a single point, regardless of how big or how small (actually the smaller the better!) and keeps pushing that point, pushing the point Again and Again.
This strategy was originally done as a psychological test. They put several people in a room, then showed them something, lets say a´perfectly round ball, and asked them if it was round or ecliptiacl in shape! Everybody said round! What the others did not know was, that one of the persons in the room was "planted" and his job was to keep insisting that the ball was not round but ecliptical in shape. He kept asking and asking and repeating and repeating, that the ball was ecliptical. The end result was, that in the end everybody else agreed with him, that the perfectly round ball was ecliptical!
You will also find this strategy used in debates like the presstv's the debate. You can guess, WHO is using this metode, and I am sure, you guessed correctly!

Last edited:
the word "help" has a complex meaning. Iranian captured American's help!
2029128130077.jpg

Indeed, hasn't the Iranians have in the past thank the U.S. for that help?:-) Jump its UAV development by decades as they said.

Indeed, hasn't the Iranians have in the past thank the U.S. for that help?:-) Jump its UAV development by decades as they said.
was its mission to help us? that 'Thank' had a sarcastic meaning.:-)
actually the jump was for engine's development, for the UAV they said our UAVs can do the same job and way more cheaper.

was its mission to help us? that 'Thank' had a sarcastic meaning.:-)
actually the jump was for engine's development, for the UAV they said our UAVs can do the same job and way more cheaper.

Oh I know its sarcasm by the Iranians. But it indeed helped them theres no denying that.

My take is that these are the same Kh-55 that Ukraine sold them, except with a new paint job.

Things to note:
- These missiles do in fact have a range of 2500km
- It is very possible that Iran has reverse engineered them in the 14 years it has possessed them. Anything is possible in 14 years.
- Kh-55 is originally an air-launched missile, but the test was of ground launch. That raises a few questions.

The airlaunched Kh-55 (export version Kh-65) is a close relative of the RK-55 / Novator 3K10 / SSC-X-4 SLINGSHOT, which is a ground-launched system (i.e. from subs and from trucks).
Iran Great prophet 9 wargame, target: mock aircraft carrier | Page 21
rk-55-ground1.jpg

SXjjF.jpg

DQHzV.jpg

YyUUL.jpg

РК-55 / 3К12 Рельеф - SSC-X-4 SLINGSHOT | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)

file.php

Отечественная военная техника (после 1945 г.) • Просмотр темы - РК-55 / 3К12 Рельеф - SSC-X-4 SLINGSHOT

Novator 3M14E / SS-N-27 Sizzler land attack cruise missile (Club family member) is a modern-day equivalent, if much shorter ranged.
3M14E-Club-S-LACM-1S.jpg

m-14ae.jpg

a352de98a1e3070faed38d4c9e4d4b50.jpg

Imho Iran has at least managed to its Kh-55/65s with a booster, for ground-launch, if not in combination with creating a domestic copy of the missile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom