What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

How Iran’s Missile Strategy has Rewritten the Rules of Middle Eastern Wars

How Iran’s Missile Strategy has Rewritten the Rules of Middle Eastern Wars

These are all political games being played. A modified Khorramshahr can reach London and they unveiled that missile 4 years ago. Iran can already build ICBMs if desired. They're just showing off a fraction of their true capabilities.

Anyways now since the west is sanctioning Iran, why bother limiting the range so that Europeans feel less threatened and more comfortable ? They have nukes already and they're the ones coming into Iran's backyard building bases, bombing countries, wrecking everything.

Iran should keep gradually increasing the range of its missiles and and enrichment rate in small increments until one day Iran unveils nuclear ICBM's. They'll have no choice but to accept it. What else can they do about it ? They're already sanctioning Iran to the max and Iran's economy is growing now regardless.

Realistically this was not even Iran's choice. They were the ones who don't want to live up to their commitments.

So it seems that the" strategic limited range" of Iranian missiles which was 2000km will be extended to 3000km ... warning to Europe?

So it seems that the" strategic limited range" of Iranian missiles which was 2000km will be extended to 3000km ... warning to Europe?

Some very,very big news If this is true.
With this announcement It would seem increasingly very likely that the khorramshar is now going to be inducted into service at some point,and not just with some super heavy warhead to limit its range to only 2000kms.The other possibility would be a new as yet unknown solid fueled missile,possibly based on the new larger diameter motor that was unveiled during the last irgc slv test,and theres also the possibility of the original turbofan+conformal fuel tank equipped soumar cruise missile as well.
This could be to further underline to the west that there wont be any negotiations on missiles,as one of the strategies that western commentators were suggesting was trying to get iran to agree to a formalized range limit,however one can easily see all of the problems even with this apparently simple idea.
This would also seem to send a pretty clear message to the europeans/nato nations as well.

Accuracy of South Korean Ballistic missiles or work of Hollywood trained South Korean drama directors?

View attachment 778118

My bet is om the second!

It does seem legit, but I don't think anyone in the world can guide a ballistic missile with this level of accuracy even with full GPS usage, it's gonna be atleast a few meters CEP. Maybe lucky shot to hit the middle instead of the sides.

It does seem legit, but I don't think anyone in the world can guide a ballistic missile with this level of accuracy even with full GPS usage, it's gonna be atleast a few meters CEP. Maybe lucky shot to hit the middle instead of the sides.
One very likely possibility imho,is that this is an as yet undisclosed variant using an optronic seeker/dsmac combo of some sort for very accurate final targeting,this also might very well account for the rather over the top "bullseye" type color target that they`ve set up.

It's trajectory, speed and the state of the warhead plus the lack of controlling surfaces means it's just a barrel released from a helicopter, and that's a lucky shot (release)!

It's trajectory, speed and the state of the warhead plus the lack of controlling surfaces means it's just a barrel released from a helicopter, and that's a lucky shot (release)!
You need to watch the video and look carefully. It does have control surfaces and and they are accurate weapons. Past videos have shown this. May be off by 1 or 2 feet but that’s why it’s CEP.
Off center by couple of inches to the left.

You need to watch the video and look carefully. It does have control surfaces and and they are accurate weapons. Past videos have shown this. May be off by 1 or 2 feet but that’s why it’s CEP.

Off center by couple of inches to the left.

I'm slightly skeptical just on the basis that no one can hit directly on the bullseye like that, even USA JASSMs with full access to military grade GPS has a few meters CEP, same with Israeli Rampage with about 10m CEP, and Russian Iskandar around 5m CEP. This would probably be the most accurate ballistic missile in the world if it wasn't luck.

So you guys are also sticking with some so called strategic range?
Same is the case with us (max 2750km only) .
But I think our military don't want to improve Shaheen 3 further and will go with this monster: View attachment 778271
Depends on the threat perceptions of course.

Shaheen-3 covers Pakistan's military needs vis a vie India. If Pakistan senses a military threat from further distances (i.e. Europe) I can see expansion of missile range, but for the foreseeable future it seems that 2750km pretty much covers everything while fully taking advantage of Pakistan's natural strategic depth

For Iran, 2000km was label as max range under a political basis. It allows for Iran to utilize it's strategic depth to fire missiles at Israel in case of attack but this could also apply to any country in conflict with Iran. This limit also avoids annoying Europe who would be very unhappy being in range of Iran who is also a nuclear threshold state. The times are changing and Iran does have the pieces available to create 4000km range IRBM, but it has not officially put them together to unveil it.

Perhaps if Iran sense a threat from European states like the UK and France who might join the US/Israel who is whining ever day to attack Iran (If that ever happens), they can put these pieces together quickly as a surprise Trump card if they haven't already done it.

For them, the danger is abundantly clear.
They say 5 weeks till Iran if it chooses would have enough fissile material for a nuclear bomb -> Take existing missile stocks, add the second stage solid fuel booster (Salman engine), attach miniaturized nuclear warhead and in maybe 2 months time, Europe would have a nuclear Iran with Western Europe ranges....This completely changes their security calculations "overnight".

I'm slightly skeptical just on the basis that no one can hit directly on the bullseye like that, even USA JASSMs with full access to military grade GPS has a few meters CEP, same with Israeli Rampage with about 10m CEP, and Russian Iskandar around 5m CEP. This would probably be the most accurate ballistic missile in the world if it wasn't luck.

You can be slightly skeptical all you want, just know JASSMs can hit death center as well if not always.

South Korea has done it in the past as well as recent different weapons test.

You can be slightly skeptical all you want, just know JASSMs can hit death center as well if not always.

South Korea has done it in the past as well as recent different weapons test.
Fair enough. Good point

I had just looked at the official reported CEP for JASSMs and based it off that. Either way even a 10m CEP missile is extremely deadly weapon let alone 1m.

one of Fateh missile gas cylinders , man just look at it i will not pick it up if it was in garbage, only GOD can help our marketing department at this point, if it was Turkish الان هم خودشون هم مارو پاره کرده بودن از تبلیغات

1632428030672.png

1632428193703.png

So you guys are also sticking with some so called strategic range?
Same is the case with us (max 2750km only) .
But I think our military don't want to improve Shaheen 3 further and will go with this monster: View attachment 778271
get out of it while you can save your self, we are in it too deep, but you really do not need anything more then that you guys do not have a enemy out of 3000 kms and Shaheen 3 as you know is a good platform to do heavy upgrades on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom