What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Personally I’m inclined to think the 3x2 launcher houses the fath missile.
compare the biggest fajr (5) rocket in this pick with the new launcher.
View attachment 760358

1625670439511.png

You can see that 4 fajr launch tubes in one row with a lot of space to spare. Hence increasing the likelihood that the new launcher belongs to the fath missile, with only 3 (larger) tubes in each row, as officially stated.

for reference, the smaller fath missile marked red in this pic:
View attachment 760359

Whats the size and ragne of that Fath missile in red?

Not familiar with the specs but it would for sure be sub <300km as it is smaller than the original Fateh-110 which has a range of 300km. Probably around 100km?
you maybe able to fire Fateh-110 upto near 300km but, you'll loose all maneuvering capability of its warhead , more realistic range is around 200km more likely on sub side so my guess Fath range would be around 80-100 km now if they change the body to composite material they can increase the range a lot more

Not familiar with the specs but it would for sure be sub <300km as it is smaller than the original Fateh-110 which has a range of 300km. Probably around 100km?
Fateh-110 joined history, now we should compare it with Fateh313 and Zolfaghar which have 500km and 700km range.

This missile is smaller, yet its warhead is smaller too. so I stick around 300km.

US finally acknowledged the Chinese silos after two months of fighting done by Decker and Jeffrey Lewis.

Here is the original tweet of this graduate student:

What matters:
- US preferred to hide it and be silent.
- First talk of missile silo decoys.
Now we should ask where the Iranian decoy missile cities are?

Knowing decoys matters more than real silos.

Heres an interesting piece I stumbled across.Its a design for a uav which bears a rather striking resemblance to the quds cruise missile,it even uses the same tj100 engine.
One of the interesting ideas was to use the An74 as a carrier and launcher for this weapon.There was a very cleaver rotary launcher in the cargo bay,this used a small parachute to pull the missile backwards out of the launcher.
I think this concept would have a lot of potential for irans soumar and hoveyzeh cruise missiles.
an-74--kent-20-main-main_1.jpeg

Heres the comparison between the KH-55 cruise missile and the Quds like Kent 2.0 uav.
kh-55-vs-kent-20-table.jpeg

http://www.naumenko.info/newsletter/concept-of-a-high-speed.html

This article was written by the BBC in 2020 btw.

"Iran has up to 50 medium range ballistic missile launchers and up to 100 short range ballistic missile launchers, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, a UK-based think tank."

This is how delusional these people are. They believe Iran has 50 TELs...

"Iran has up to 50 medium range ballistic missile launchers and up to 100 short range ballistic missile launchers, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, a UK-based think tank."

Its comforting to know that these are their "experts"!

BBC -> Beyond Bull Crap 💩

Sweet Jesus...... this sort of misinformation is beyond just simple intellectual dishonesty, it's meant to portray Iran as WAY weaker than it is in order to more easily justify any sort of future military action since, well, they only have FIFTY (!) TELS so how difficult can a war really be? -- Oh my god, how can they sit there are put out this shit?

Well it is what it is, let them wallow in their ignorance, I for one think this helps Iran immensely.

Back
Top Bottom