What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Our defence industry is nothing compared to what should become. .
THis is an interesting comment, because even at its current state,which is under sustained heavy sanctions, Iran's defense industry is larger than Israel's...and we all know ISrael's defense industry is regarded as "high tech" and "high quality", so this is a big Iranian achievement AS IS....which means a sanctioned Iran still has the most advanced military industrial base in the region..dont even mention Turkey, US gave them what they have now, even though they are also advanced too.

Regarding the new military gear Iran showed, SHEEESH...i'm getting worried Iran is going to use that Soleimani missile on Soleimani's killers....

THis is an interesting comment, because even at its current state,which is under sustained heavy sanctions, Iran's defense industry is larger than Israel's...and we all know ISrael's defense industry is regarded as "high tech" and "high quality", so this is a big Iranian achievement AS IS....which means a sanctioned Iran still has the most advanced military industrial base in the region..dont even mention Turkey, US gave them what they have now, even though they are also advanced too.

I say that because almost every sector in Iran's defence industry I look at (including missiles) I can see a major amount of development that can still be done. Airforce has seen a fraction of what it can do, Navy is on the verge of major development (in the next 10 years) etc. Iran's defence budget is still relatively small but has gone so far because of the relatively cheaper ways things are done in Iran and the lack of an industrial military complex that seeks to bleed the military via profit maximisation. If Iran's enemies are worried now, how will they feel when Iran is much more powerful economically with a much larger defence budget with a more advanced and numerous underlying knowledge based companies etc to fuel that industry. Iranians throughout their history have been a major power many times, we're on our way there once again.

Regarding the new military gear Iran showed, SHEEESH...i'm getting worried Iran is going to use that Soleimani missile on Soleimani's killers....

That overt attack on the base was a warning, Iranians play a much more smarter game. The American know to expect the retaliation how that will happen is something they will realise when it is too late.

You talked about ICBM or Nuclear weapons test, hence my comment. Nuclear tipped ICBM was the natural conclusion. More-over, point still stands.

Of course, because the likelihood of that happening is very small for obvious reason.

I have already explained to you multiple times why that missile fits that description, I assume you're not reading the comments you're replying to properly.

That was a direct rebuttal of your statement, do you understand what concession means?

When I have real reliable numbers to form the basis of such a calculation I will do so, until then, this exercise of passing judgement on the numbers of missile produced is not reliable.

I tried to ignore you but you still continue misrepresenting my posts. I really hope you don't become the mod here with your relativistic definitions.

I tried to ignore you but you still continue misrepresenting my posts. I really hope you don't become the mod here with your relativistic definitions.

Move along and stop taking up thread space please. I don't have time to keep responding to some inane comments.

PTSD inducing image for the American military:

Ef4wM5TXsAU3kGL

Ef40UkKXYAEw9Cm

I say that because almost every sector in Iran's defence industry I look at (including missiles) I can see a major amount of development that can still be done. Airforce has seen a fraction of what it can do, Navy is on the verge of major development (in the next 10 years) etc. Iran's defence budget is still relatively small but has gone so far because of the relatively cheaper ways things are done in Iran and the lack of an industrial military complex that seeks to bleed the military via profit maximisation. If Iran's enemies are worried now, how will they feel when Iran is much more powerful economically with a much larger defence budget with a more advanced and numerous underlying knowledge based companies etc to fuel that industry. Iranians throughout their history have been a major power many times, we're on our way there once again.
Well i agree that Iran is capable of more......and this is the reason why Iran is such a problem for her adversaries...because they barely contained Iranian so imagine if more of the military technological "chains" are taken off??? wow, Iran will soon start competing for power position with some EU countries..

@PeeD Could you talk in a little more in detail regarding a potential Iranian HGV system. How close would you say Iran is to having necessary materials to develop this? Has Iran made any mention regarding working on such a system? I suppose HGV is a logical progression from the current MaRVs.

Also, are there are disadvantages to such a system over the current MaRV being used in systems like Haj Qassem? or is it a completely advantageous solution? I assume in the short term, cost will be higher.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
@PeeD Could you talk in a little more in detail regarding a potential Iranian HGV system. How close would you say Iran is to having necessary materials to develop this? Has Iran made any mention regarding working on such a system? I suppose HGV is a logical progression from the current MaRVs.

Also, are there are disadvantages to such a system over the current MaRV being used in systems like Haj Qassem? or is it a completely advantageous solution? I assume in the short term, cost will be higher.

-----------------------------------------------------

Well such a HGV first and foremost naturally costs more than the MaRV on Haj Qasem-1.

Iran hast mastered the aerothermal science package needed for such a low-end HGV.

Iran has not made any claims in this regard.

Key to this type of system for Iran is now to develop a HGV that material-wise and production complexity-wise is good enough to enable serial production.
Chinese are less stringent in this regard and the DF-17 is a quite complex and expensive solution.

Back
Top Bottom