What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Hard not to be outright giddy given how much Iran spoils us with all these unveilings xD.

Amir Hatami is growing on me, I like him.

Yes, however it is very important we do not become content. Our defence industry is nothing compared to what should become. Good news is, our capability will only continue to expand.

Based on common sense. I am not naive enough to believe Iran's capacity to produce missile in that family is around 120-180 per year. You talk of estimations as if yours are based on anything sound.

You have not provided an estimation or number that is reasonable, based on the little information we have.

Then you need to pay more attention. It started from Dezfoul which had (barely) the range to reach Israel and now the Fateh family has reached the range to properly strike Israel from Iran itself. This is the strategic jump. Meaning the availability of a compact, cheap/easy to mass produce solid fuelled system able to directly hit Israel.

I feel like we are getting into the semantics here. By your logic, the Shahab-3 was the strategic jump because it was the first BM that could reach Israel.

Last edited:
You have not provided an estimation or number that is reasonable, based on the little information we have.

I am not in the habit of wasting my time creating estimation based on pure conjecture .I merely debunked your claims based on common sense.

By your logic, the Shahab-3 was the strategic jump because in was the first BM to reach Israel.

As I have explained to you already, the Fateh family is a more compact, easy to mass produce, cheaper, ready to fire etc and not comparable to the liquid fuelled systems like Shahab. When we talk of a strategic jump, we are talking in this context of the growing capability of the Fateh line. Frankly this is quite obvious, not sure why it even needs explaining.

I am not in the habit of wasting my time creating estimation based on pure conjecture .I merely debunked your claims based on common sense.

Debunked my claims without providing numbers or estimation? Common sense is not a valid argument.

As I have explained to you already, the Fateh family is a more compact, easy to mass produce, cheaper, ready to fire etc and not comparable to the liquid fuelled systems like Shahab. When we talk of a strategic jump, we are talking in this context of the growing capability of the Fateh line. Frankly this is quite obvious, not sure why it even needs explaining.

Then, we disagree on whether the QS BM is a strategic jump or not.

Debunked my claims without providing numbers or estimation? Common sense is not a valid argument.

Your claims are based on no real substance. I'll take common sense over that. And like I said, I do not waste my time creating numbers using hot air as my basis.

Then, we disagree on whether the QS BM is a strategic jump or not.

The facts are (objective facts), that Iran now has the capability to target the zionists from its soil using systems that are more capable qualitatively and quantitatively speaking compared to the likes of Shahab. Prior to this, Iran's options were much more limited and reliance on Hezbollah's arsenal as a mass attack on the zionists was much more important. Today, things are changing, with the mass production of these new systems, Iran itself can pose a major saturated attack against the zionist. Not only that, these systems are a major threat to the zionists qualitatively speaking given their difficulty in countering them using their current missile defences. This is what we mean by a strategic jump.

This is what we mean by a strategic jump.

That's is your own definition of strategic jump. My definition of strategic jump in Iran's case is the unveiling of an IRBM/ICBM or nuke test/nuke propulsion system and the likes of it. Not improving a capability that Iran already had. Like I said, we disagree.

I urge you to stop wasting our energy on these type of disagreements. Put it into something rather useful for this community like the numbers and estimations I've provided earlier in this thread. After all we are all defense enthusiasts.

That's is your own definition of strategic jump. My definition of strategic jump in Iran's case is the unveiling of an IRBM/ICBM or nuke test/nuke propulsion system and the likes of it. Not improving a capability that Iran already had. Like I said, we disagree.

Instead of relying on this naive definition based on a hypothetic nuclear tipped ICBMs (very unlikely to occur overtly), focus more on realistic leaps that are happening and whether those are strategic/game changing or not. I have already explained to you why this missile is of that nature.

I urge you to stop wasting our energy on these type of disagreements. Put it into something rather useful for this community like the numbers and estimations I've provided earlier in this thread. After all we are all defense enthusiasts.

There is nothing more to say about your numbers. I have addressed them already.

Looks like a meteorite:

Ef43iURXkAAFKT6

Instead of relying on this naive definition based on a hypothetic nuclear tipped ICBMs

I haven't mentioned testing a nuclear tipped ICBM. You are misrepresenting me. And Testing a nuclear tipped ICBM is a naive definition of strategic jump for Iran? Really? And a new 1400km range BM which Iran already has lots of them in the same range, is a strategic jump? There is no absolute foundation in your argument.

focus more on realistic leaps that are happening and whether those are strategic/game changing or not

Ah so you've conceded.

There is nothing more to say about your numbers. I have addressed them already.

Because you haven't provided your own estimations and calculations.

As I was watching the livestream this morning, I heard Rouhani saying that he pushed the defense minister to invest more in cruise missiles. Who in Iran decides what weapon gets developed and produced and why? Is it the SL, the General staff, the individual branches of the armed forces, the president or the ministry of defense? It's all confusing to me.
SL sometimes gives his own instructions and specific requests for either IRGC/Army/MoD

I feel like we are getting into the semantics here. By your logic, the Shahab-3 was the strategic jump because it was the first BM that could reach Israel.
I thought these missile is for saudi arabia foremost not israel?

I haven't mentioned testing a nuclear tipped ICBM. You are misrepresenting me.

You talked about ICBM or Nuclear weapons test, hence my comment. Nuclear tipped ICBM was the natural conclusion. More-over, point still stands.

And Testing a nuclear tipped ICBM is a naive definition of strategic jump for Iran? Really?

Of course, because the likelihood of that happening is very small for obvious reason.

There is no absolute foundation in your argument.

I have already explained to you multiple times why that missile fits that description, I assume you're not reading the comments you're replying to properly.

Ah so you've conceded.

That was a direct rebuttal of your statement, do you understand what concession means?

Because you haven't provided your own estimations and calculations.

When I have real reliable numbers to form the basis of such a calculation I will do so, until then, this exercise of passing judgement on the numbers of missile produced is not reliable.

Back
Top Bottom