What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Most Iranian fighter jets are from the Shah Pahlavi era. Su-24, Chengdu J7, Mirage F-1 etc these are old aircrafts.
Age is important, but its not the only important fact- what about pilot skill levels? what about aircraft upgrades? New jets wont win you war, ask US and ISrael..

Ef3vdRJWoAArrLN

Once Iran acquires a competent modern air-wing, their offensive/defensive apparatus will be more or less complete and they would have one of the most potent operationally lethal/retaliatory capabilities in the region. Let's hope Iran gets Su-30s and Su-35s in large (or respectable) numbers. Then it would be REALLY stupid for neighboring nations to try and pull any military moves on Iran.

What needs to be stated here is the 1,400km Hajj Qassem Soleimani Quasi-BM is a cheap (assumedly) to produce long-range weapon, one that Iran can fabricate in large volumes within short periods of time and adequately field. This effectively would allot Iran the ability to conduct tactical operations against any Israeli or longer range enemy asset using FATEH like accuracy and reliability at any time they choose. Such a capability would be spell utter disaster for militaries not equipped to deal with such deadly munitions. I suspect this missile will also be fitted into its own underground canister sooner or later. Most significant point here is the 1,400km range, that puts all of Israel under Iran's FATEH tactical BM range. Now Iran has two FATEH like missiles that can reach targets 1,000+kms away, the Dezful FAE and now the Hajj Qassem Q-BM.

Some cursory information on the Hajj Qassem Qausi-BM reveals its kinematic performance.
-Mach 12 atmospheric reentry speed (very difficult to impossible for modern ABM systems to counter)
-Mach 5 terminal approach (bunker busting capability)
-Easily produced and fielded
-FATEH level accuracy and reliability

Ladies and gentlemen, this missile the essentially the culmination in Iran's decades of effort in basing its current military paradigm of deterrence via missiles. Such a capability is nothing short of a modern-marvel imo and something to be proud of!

This missile is only a foot note though. Larger, heavier and more advanced versions of this missile will come out over the years.

We're experiencing an indigenous Iranian weapons renaissance of sorts.

I did some calculations about the size of the missile using MS paint and the 11 meter length given.
Width of missile body: ~92 cm
Width of warhead without fins: ~67 cm
Length of warhead: ~271 cm
Width of missile body+stabilizing fins at the bottom: ~136 cm
Margin of error: ~1-2 cm

Also the numbers 99-02 on the missile might indicate a production date of somewhere in April-May 2020
QS BM template.png

Last edited:
one that Iran can fabricate in large volumes within short periods of time

I have my doubts about this statement. This new missile uses steel body casings and is roughly as large and heavy as a Qiam which is a larger and heavier missile(fully loaded) than the relatively light Fateh. Also this new missile puts it in the early Shahab-3 category, of which there are still a lot of them. This would mean that the annual production level is lower than the Fateh series, both in need and production- capability/cost/capacity and closer to the production rate of the Qiam(which IMO has a production rate of ~120 per year on average).

Most significant point here is the 1,400km range, that puts all of Israel under Iran's FATEH tactical BM range. Now Iran has two FATEH like missiles that can reach targets 1,000+kms away, the Dezful FAE and now the Hajj Qassem Q-BM.

While I regard the Dezful as a Fateh class missile, I don't regard the Raad-500 and the QS missiles as Fateh class missiles. They are too different in my opinion (no vortex generator, carbon composite casings in the case of the Raad-500).

I have my doubts about this statement. This new missile uses steel body casings and is roughly as large and heavy as a Qiam which is a larger and heavier missile(fully loaded) than the relatively light Fateh. Also this new missile puts it in the early Shahab-3 category, of which there are still a lot of them. This would mean that the annual production level is lower than the Fateh series, both in need and production- capability/cost/capacity and closer to the production rate of the Qiam(which IMO has a production rate of ~120 per year on average).

While I regard the Dezful as a Fateh class missile, I don't regard the Raad-500 and the QS missiles as Fateh class missiles. They are too different in my opinion (no vortex generator, carbon composite casings in the case of the Raad-500).

I meant it to be more of figurative comparison rather than a literal lol but I agree with your assessment bro. The Hajj Qassem BM feels like a FATEH missile (imo) given its Qausi-BM nature and general characteristics. I guess that's what I'm really trying to say. A beefed up FATEH that bridges the gap between the FATEH and more traditional BMs in Iran's arsenal.

Personally I can only hope that Iran's missile production output is as numerous as I think it is. Such a weapon will provide Iran the capability it needs to, well, destroy Israel's ability to conduct air-force operations and quell their conventional means of retaliation. This is, so-to-speak, a silver-bullet of sorts for Iran.

@PeeD

Hey brother, hopefully you're in good health and spirits!!!

I just wanted to get your opinion on this recent groundbreaking development. Just how dangerous is this new missile for Israel and the U.S. and how will this possibly change their approach to Iran?

Does this grant Iran a new level of detterence?

I did some calculations about the size of the missile using MS paint and the 11 meter length given.
Width of missile body: ~92 cm
Width of warhead without fins: ~67 cm
Width of missile body+stabilizing fins at the bottom: ~136 cm
Margin of error: 1 cm

Also the numbers 99-02 on the missile might indicate a production date of somewhere in April-May 2020
View attachment 662476
with your calculations a full carbon fiber model could easily get it to 3000 KM that's impressive

How much do you estimate Iran has?

Honestly I've always assumed that Iran's missile production output per-year is in the hundreds of missiles that would account for different makes and types. Some missiles would have higher production given their cheaper and easier to manufacture nature.

If we're talking about Iran's total missile arsenal, I would only imagine that it has to be in the 4,000-5,000 range if not more. Some people say its over 8,000 and others say it approaches 10,000 (which is a little too outlandish for me lol).

@PeeD

Hey brother, hopefully you're in good health and spirits!!!

I just wanted to get your opinion on this recent groundbreaking development. Just how dangerous is this new missile for Israel and the U.S. and how will this possibly change their approach to Iran?

Does this grant Iran a new level of detterence?

Thanks brother.

Basically its a hypersonic weapon that puts all enemy superbased airpower at risk. Very difficult to counter, quite cheap and can be used in "missile farms".

It is a new class and will grow with time. Heavier warhead and 2000km range are possibile in future.

Back
Top Bottom