What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

I have my doubts about this statement. This new missile uses steel body casings and is roughly as large and heavy as a Qiam which is a larger and heavier missile(fully loaded) than the relatively light Fateh.

Those are true, but not necessarily a barrier to large volume production of this missile. Size is not really an issue in this case. Qiam itself is not much bigger than the likes of Zolfaghar and Dezfoul. Regarding the steel casing, Iran has been producing those for the likes of Fateh for a long time. Therefore what matters most here is this missile will be produced based on the existing production lines that were already there for the likes of Zolfiqar and Dezfoul. It's just a continuation process.

Given how quickly Iran upgrades its missile, none of these missile will truly see great production since the next version is just around the corner. I am expecting next year, IRGC will reveal a "Raad-ified" version of this using carbon fibre etc. Given how strategic this SHQ missile and its next version will be, I could see Iran expanding the production line of these systems.

with your calculations a full carbon fiber model could easily get it to 3000 KM that's impressive

What formula do you use? I once calculated an ICBM with 12000 km range and a warhead of 3x500 kg having a weight of 33 tons with a length of 17-22 meters and a width of 1,5 meters based on the parameters of the Raad-500 :-). Don't know how realistic that is haha

As I was watching the livestream this morning, I heard Rouhani saying that he pushed the defense minister to invest more in cruise missiles. Who in Iran decides what weapon gets developed and produced and why? Is it the SL, the General staff, the individual branches of the armed forces, the president or the ministry of defense? It's all confusing to me.

Last edited:
What formula do you use? I once calculated an ICBM with 12000 km range and a warhead of 3x500 kg having a weight of 33 tons with a length of 17-22 meters and a width of 1,5 meters based on the parameters of the Raad-500 :-). Don't know how realistic that is haha

damn, you went too far :enjoy: X * 1.67, 3.5 ton in weight and 1800 Km * 1.67 = ~3006 km respectively

It all depends on the numbers for which we only have our only estimations and thus is very relative. IMO don't expect more than 180 yearly production run for this new missile. IMO it's going to be near 120, according to my estimates.

These are highly conservative figures. The underlying industrial capability for the Fateh line is certainly more than that. Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, given this strategic jump we have seen, I expect to see the production line to expand. The Fateh family has now evolved into a proper zionist hitting system. This system combined with Khoramshahr can now replace almost all other longer range missiles, with the exception of Sejill which will have a special role to play.

Breaking news :Colombian President Ivan Duque said on Thursday that Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s administration is looking to buy Iranian missiles and is handing over weapons made in Russia and Belarus to Colombian armed groups.

1554741385878.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ssiles-colombian-president-says-idUSKBN25G29E

These are highly conservative figures
Based on (your) non existing missile numbers/estimation?

The underlying industrial capability for the Fateh line is certainly more than that.
Again, based on what number?

Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, given this strategic jump we have seen

What strategic jump? I only see improvement in missile capability, accuracy, production method, launching method, lowered production cost in some instances etc. All tactical and not strategic IMO.

As I was watchmaking the livestream this morning, I heard Rouhani saying that he pushed the defense minister to invest more in cruise missiles. Who in Iran decides what weapon gets developed and produced and why? Is it the SL, the General staff, the individual branches of the armed forces, the president or the ministry of defense? It's all confusing to me.

Rouhani is a politician, not a military man so he should not make such demands. It is more of a political stunt to try and calm down certain people in the west. In reality it is the Supreme leader and IRGC that control the missile program.

As I was watchmaking the livestream this morning, I heard Rouhani saying that he pushed the defense minister to invest more in cruise missiles. Who in Iran decides what weapon gets developed and produced and why? Is it the SL, the General staff, the individual branches of the armed forces, the president or the ministry of defense? It's all confusing to me.

Patarames had a tweet in regards to what Rouhani says stating that he thinks what Rouhani had to say is of no real consequence given that he isn't a military man.
Bavar does have some AB capability, but it is not a dedicated AB systems. A dedicated AB defence will come.

Hard not to be outright giddy given how much Iran spoils us with all these unveilings xD.

Amir Hatami is growing on me, I like him.

Based on (your) non existing missile numbers/estimation?

Based on common sense. I am not naive enough to believe Iran's capacity to produce missile in that family is around 120-180 per year. You talk of estimations as if yours are based on anything sound.

Again, based on what number?

As above.

What strategic jump? I only see improvement in missile capability, accuracy, production method, launching method, lowered production cost in some instances etc. All tactical and not strategic IMO.

Then you need to pay more attention. It started from Dezfoul which had (barely) the range to reach Israel and now the Fateh family has reached the range to properly strike Israel from Iran itself. This is the strategic jump. Meaning the availability of a compact, cheap/easy to mass produce solid fuelled system able to directly hit Israel.

As I see it, some portion of Fateh-110 production line has switched to Haj Qasem. Probably the -D is out and only Fathe Mobin, Hormoz-1/2 and Khalije Fars remain in production.
Old high maintenance versions that could not be container buried are out.
IRGC anyway orders less due to Raad-500.

Back
Top Bottom