What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

I have been told when it comes to beef there are different gradings in terms of which is the best part of the cow for steaks and parts for other dishes.

I like Beef Curry, it's simple yet so nice.

Any of you guys tried making Haleem? It's one of the toughest to make, its got so much stirring involved. I always cheat and grind it after I'm through stirring half way around.

The trick is to stir it for a while when it begins to look haleemy but you can still pretty much see the daal pieces, take half of the stock and put it in a chopper/grinder. Then pour the half back in and stir some more and it will give the perfect haleem effect.

I like Haleem with Chicken instead of mutton or beef.
Haleem is available only during ramzan time. "Pista House" is very famous here but they sell only mutton haleem as most of the people who eat there are hindus. haleem made of beef is available but not everywhere.

btw, there are many beef shops here in my locality, just like the chicken and mutton shops. only that they cannot slaughter the animals in at that place. there is a slaughter house called "Al Kabir" from which they get it and sell.

Haleem is available only during ramzan time. "Pista House" is very famous here but they sell only mutton haleem as most of the people who eat there are hindus. haleem made of beef is available but not everywhere.

btw, there are many beef shops here in my locality, just like the chicken and mutton shops. only that they cannot slaughter the animals in at that place. there is a slaughter house called "Al Kabir" from which they get it and sell.

Sounds like "Beef" is an Illegal "Recreational drug" In India. Do guys have people on the corner of the street in a dark ally with lengthy robes looking for "Customers"? Lol just kidding :D

I have been told when it comes to beef there are different gradings in terms of which is the best part of the cow for steaks and parts for other dishes.

I like Beef Curry, it's simple yet so nice.

I think under cut is the best part of the meat. It is usually used for cooking pasandaas. I hope spelled it correct.

What about the sweets. There are lots of type of sweets. I once bought barfi from an Indian shop in Dubai. It was less sweet than ours but still tasty. It was also less in thickness than our barfi. Please start making thick barfis.

What about the sweets. There are lots of type of sweets. I once bought barfi from an Indian shop in Dubai. It was less sweet than ours but still tasty. It was also less in thickness than our barfi. Please start making thick barfis.

Pakistani sweets are better than anything there is out there. Our Gulaab Jaman, Cham cham's, barfi, Jalaibiyan, and Pateesa has NO match. DAMNIT I want some now! :|

Asim I didn't got where r u going with this?

Nits we're just talking about food and how what we find here is different from India.

Anyway this is just a mere correction to asims post but i responded here cauz i could'nt find it.

Cow slaughter is banned in all Indian states exept 2. This ban on cow slaughter has been in effect since 2003. It continues to be challenged but still holds. What has resulted from the ban is illegal slaughterhouses all across India operating with no one to check them. Other than that sometimes west bangal which is exempt from such a ban is the location where all the cows are transferred then slaughtered.

Also take a look at Pizza Hut... u'd be in for a surprise. I decided to hit pizza hut back in Hyd'z with a bunch of yaar dost n my gunda cousin who now shifted here to Pakistan... anyway they kept saying no even though i said i would pay... finally they agreed but when i went there i found out the difference and why they did'nt really like the Pizza there. The menu believe me was nothing u cud have imagined back in our backyard here in Pakistan. Half of all the Pizzas they had was veggie... i mean amritsari paneer pizza, chilli, chatpati chat, pata nahi kya kya tha pizza ke naam pey... u wud never have heard of this stuff in Pakistan and frankly we dont really touch anything without meat right? Anyway the other half thankfully was chicken and stuff but absolutely no beef products and completely different menu. Chicken tikka was there and we ordered but it was quite different from what chicken tikka pizza we find in pak or dubai... really it was completely different thing all in all.

Indians Is'nt my vast knowledge of Indian affairs just amazing? :azn:

No offense i was just taking a look at the few differences in eating habits across the borders. I dont mean to be offensive to our Hindu brothers.

Thats lucknowi style barfi i think... they add water... too much in their sweets.

But we used to have a lot of aam in lucknow. Lots!

How about... Chikkar Cholay in Lahore!

Chikkar means mud. Lol, they look like cholay in mud (not literally). Man they taste awesome.

Of course! They're awesome! If you're a fan of Cholay (haha?) You should go to "Shahi Murgh Cholay" in Walton, Lahore. They've been there for ages and are BEST when it comes to murgh cholay.

(Can't help it, I'm a genuine lahori! It's my sworn duty to report these places to our fellow Pakistani's)

Damn you Neo.. now i have to learn how to cook. :( I cant believe i am missing that much!

well i think awadhi food of lakhnow is amazing with its- nahari , tunda kebab , beef stew, kakori kabab. pakistani food is even better as much as i tried in karachi some authenti mughlai restaurent near clifton and yeh lal quila damascus etc. as for delhi - i think karim's at jama masjid is just a hype. i like some small punjabi joint and yeh punjabi by nature. although all this food is too greasy. so i eat less of this stuff and prefer my diet.

dimension please read the bold part in my reply to asim

Its true is'nt it? In a country where tolerance is basically not the order of the day and communal tensions seem to be high in the air with differential treatment for both then obviously they will avoid slaughtering cows in front of Hindus scared that they may be RSS Shiv Sena terrorists and bloodthirsty members and that in such a case they are baiting them?

That is why they either give zakat for it to be done by some group or people or they take the bakraa or cow to there house. Thats what our family in lucknow does anyway. We dont raise hue and cry for it. We dont go on street screaming and being gangster as we guys do here in Pakistan. They just do qurbani quietly out of severe fear... :agree:

I mean it is Himsa to eat meat of any kind. Muslims get killed for it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom