What's new

Hypothetical scenario : Can Bangladesh beat back India in a war of attrition?

If there’s no nukes taken into account then they can’t. Carrying logistics especially armor across the many rivers will be a nightmare, specially with sabotage, AT and artillery in place

Granted our conventional military will not be able to match up, but once the guerilla warfare is in place, India will not be able to sustain a long drawn out war like Afghanistan or Vietnam.

In fact, a prolonged war in Bangladesh will spill into neighbouring Indian states. There will be occasional guerilla attacks inside Indian territory as well.

India knows this very well, and that's why they will not invade Bangladesh militarily. That's why they will resort to invading Bangladesh through "soft power". Keeping politicians in their pockets, impose their culture through media and entertainment, lobbying. And after a few generations, the mind set of the population will be altered through this slow poisoning. To clarify my statement, I don't have problem being friends with India. But when friendship is to disguise a hidden agenda to control, that's what I have problem with.

We should be more alert of this soft invasion, because a war is very unlikely between India and Bangladesh. Unless some Hitler bhakt rise out of the RSS ranks, I think we are good.

Granted our conventional military will not be able to match up, but once the guerilla warfare is in place, India will not be able to sustain a long drawn out war like Afghanistan or Vietnam.

In fact, a prolonged war in Bangladesh will spill into neighbouring Indian states. There will be occasional guerilla attacks inside Indian territory as well.

India knows this very well, and that's why they will not invade Bangladesh militarily. That's why they will resort to invading Bangladesh through "soft power". Keeping politicians in their pockets, impose their culture through media and entertainment, lobbying. And after a few generations, the mind set of the population will be altered through this slow poisoning. To clarify my statement, I don't have problem being friends with India. But when friendship is to disguise a hidden agenda to control, that's what I have problem with.

We should be more alert of this soft invasion, because a war is very unlikely between India and Bangladesh. Unless some Hitler bhakt rise out of the RSS ranks, I think we are good.

1000 times this.

Perfect post.

What a shitshow is this thread? Yes I know it's hypothetical, but the responses from posters are laughable. They are *sure* of what BD will use, but *doubtful* India will use full spectrum of assets available to it.

1. Someone says 'BD troops can hold Indian army foot advance if they dig in'
Well, dig in where? Have you seen the geography? Its not like the thrust will come from one direction, India surrounds BD from three sides, and the south will be in ready as well after IN destroys BD navy swiftly.
And aren't you forgetting airforce?

2. Another one talking about chicken neck and how BD needs to act on it quickly to hold India.
Okay, lets assume, BD takes it effectively cutting north east from rest of India. Now what? Do they overrun NE or ask India to come to negotiation table? Former is not physically possible for BD and India would laugh at the latter and continue its offensive from all sides.

3. Another one suggesting BD to ask for help from Pak and China. Says India can *probably* achieve air superiority. *If* India uses SOWs.
Pak may be stupid enough to open a front against Ind fro BD but China didn't help Pakistan when even western nations asked it to open a front against India, what makes you think China will do it for BD? About India *probably* achieving air superiority, take a look at BD AF and come again. And why won't India use all weapons available at her disposal? What makes you think India wont be using missiles in a WAR?

4. Someone claiming India won't be able to sustain gureilla warfare, long drawn out wars like Afghanistan and Vietnam.
What makes you think India will not be using to flush the BD gureillas using all the tech and equipment at its disposal. If you think, India has not be able to clear the Naga and Naxal insurgency so it wont be able to clear BD gureillas as well, then you are mistaken. India has a policy to not use air power or heavy weapons against its own population even in insurgency on its own land. BDs are foreigners on a foreign land. All the assets will be in play here. And don't for a second think that its only BD that knows gureilla warfare. Our forces know *a thing or two.* Check the location of Afg and Vietnam on map and see how far they are from USA and Russia. Now check how far BD is from IND, Oh wait, its surrounded.

That said, why will BD and Ind fight?

What a shitshow is this thread? Yes I know it's hypothetical, but the responses from posters are laughable. They are *sure* of what BD will use, but *doubtful* India will use full spectrum of assets available to it.

Well, dig in where? Have you seen the geography? Its not like the thrust will come from one direction, India surrounds BD from three sides, and the south will be in ready as well after IN destroys BD navy swiftly.

2. Another one talking about chicken neck and how BD needs to act on it quickly to hold India.
Okay, lets assume, BD takes it effectively cutting north east from rest of India. Now what? Do they overrun NE or ask India to come to negotiation table? Former is not physically possible for BD and India would laugh at the latter and continue its offensive from all sides.

3. Another one suggesting BD to ask for help from Pak and China. Says India can *probably* achieve air superiority. *If* India uses SOWs.
Pak may be stupid enough to open a front against Ind fro BD but China didn't help Pakistan when even western nations asked it to open a front against India, what makes you think China will do it for BD? About India *probably* achieving air superiority, take a look at BD AF and come again. And why won't India use all weapons available at her disposal? What makes you think India wont be using missiles in a WAR?

4. Someone claiming India won't be able to sustain gureilla warfare, long drawn out wars like Afghanistan and Vietnam.
What makes you think India will not be using to flush the BD gureillas using all the tech and equipment at its disposal. If you think, India has not be able to clear the Naga and Naxal insurgency so it wont be able to clear BD gureillas as well, then you are mistaken. India has a policy to not use air power or heavy weapons against its own population even in insurgency on its own land. BDs are foreigners on a foreign land. All the assets will be in play here. And don't for a second think that its only BD that knows gureilla warfare. Our forces know *a thing or two.* Check the location of Afg and Vietnam on map and see how far they are from USA and Russia. Now check how far BD is from IND, Oh wait, its surrounded.

That said, why will BD and Ind fight?

We may be underestimating India 'Some' but you're over-estimating Indian capability a whole lot.

Ha ha ha - this is not Sri Lanka, won't be a walk in the park. Just try it - Rajoo. You've been watching too many Bollywood films. :lol:

A country that feeds its soldiers watery daal and burnt roti comes to talk about military might and himmat...

I've been wondering about this recently.With our current state of armed forces, it's a given that we won't be able to defeat India head-on if it decides to invade.
However, my question is can we beat them back in a prolonged war of attrition with what we have currently?It's unlikely we'll get any help from outside world as IN will enforce a blockade on the sea & as good as BN is, I don't believe that they'll be able to prevent this.
Comments from more knowledgable members will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

This is strictly a hypothetical question.
Making it clear for the trolls.Not interested in your blabbering about how it'll never happen cuz BD is a vassal state of India.
Bangladesh will never have any wars against India. It's imaginary and impractical. There is no hardcore reason for India and Bangladesh to fight although there are some levels of hostility.

Bangladesh is more likely to have a war against Myanmar.

You can beat back India, not doubt about it, very easily indeed.
You just have to..............

Rejoin......................

Pakistan

As a confederate

With complete freedom from every other issues except FP and Defence.
Their ego will never permit them to do that.

I've been wondering about this recently.With our current state of armed forces, it's a given that we won't be able to defeat India head-on if it decides to invade.
However, my question is can we beat them back in a prolonged war of attrition with what we have currently?It's unlikely we'll get any help from outside world as IN will enforce a blockade on the sea & as good as BN is, I don't believe that they'll be able to prevent this.

Making it clear for the trolls.Not interested in your blabbering about how it'll never happen cuz BD is a vassal state of India.

One more hypothetical question. Can BD wipe out USA if both country goes for fight?

Bangladesh need to emulate Israel if they want to win war over India, a quick lighting war that cut the chicken neck and force India into submission.

War of attribution is only for bigger countries with more resources.

China tried to build a road in Doklam from where they can harm India in Chicken Neck. We all know what happened subsequently.

In fact, a prolonged war in Bangladesh will spill into neighbouring Indian states. There will be occasional guerrilla attacks inside Indian territory as well.

Some other country also had the same misconception that they will be able to harm India guerrilla warfare and inflict 1000 cut on India. They are bleeding very badly now.

Keeping politicians in their pockets, impose their culture through media and entertainment, lobbying.
We do not make movies for Bangladesh specially. We releases movies for all predominately for Indian audience. They are not made to Promote soft power. It is a different matter that it promotes soft power not only in BD but in countries like china as well.

Bangladesh needs to just sit and watch Indian economy tank.
Thats the best advice i can give..

It's like asking if Germany would invade Denmark. Absurd. Why even ask such a question when we have such friendly relations?

Pakistan forces could not dig in in 1971. How can BD dig in 2019? Thread is nonsense. There is no comparison in military might of 2 nations. One should check the military strengths on survey. The ranking and relative strength of all countries are available.

India is ranked 4th and BD is ranked 45th. So no comparison. The point here is that India and BD are friends and they are unlikely to go to war with each other. We should discuss co operations and not conflicts.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

BD can take on india and win 100% sure about it , even if you both go to war tomorrow you have great chance of winning it (gorilla war) , but if BD can improve Her armed forces then 100% can take on india and win.
BD needs :
  • For air force : 80 J-10CE +30 EFTs
  • For Navy : 4 to 6 Subs(SSKs) , 8+ Frigates (Type-54) , 8+ Coverts and 12+FACs(missile boats).
  • For Army : Tanks , IFVs and AFVs , SPGs, MLRS (according to your land and area) , Helis . In Shorts 300K to 400K troops with advance goodies .
  • Missile Force : SAMs , Land attack , Air attack , Naval attack . etc
Note: I haven't consider A-bombs of endia .

Back
Top Bottom