What's new

Hypothetical scenario : Can Bangladesh beat back India in a war of attrition?

Bangladesh might stand a chance if their Army has experience of fighting in a conflict like India, but still if BD can put a strong defensive Position , dug in , and use terrain to their advantage than yes they might delay the inevitable , but sooner or later IAF will overcome BD AF and than they will pound them, break the lines and game over .

It will be an almost impossible mission unless Bangladesh can secure line of communication through Myanmar to their supposed main supplier like China (in which they will do by selling arms, medicine and foods to Bangladesh to made India bleeding more) just like what Vietnamese do against incessant blockades of US marines, Army, US navy and Airforce during Vietnam war with their LoC all the way from Laos through Cambodia

Aren't you guys husband and wife ?
yes they are and the mostly Bangalies always use negative thoughts for Pakistan , they are always blaming on Pakistan in 1971 Pakistan Armed forces sexually abused to Bangalies etc. Banglies also have the fake pictures.

Last edited:
Bangladesh need to emulate Israel if they want to win war over India, a quick lighting war that cut the chicken neck and force India into submission.

War of attribution is only for bigger countries with more resources.

If BD asks Pakistan and China to put pressure on IA from their respective borders, so India cannot bring in more ground forces from other regions, then yes there could be a chance or BD Army to take on IA. However, the issue is not the ground war, its the air domain, where India can probably achieve air superiority, which could help India deploy forces through air assault. Naval blockade by IN is definitely a possibility. If BD looks towards China for more weapons, and weaponry (especially naval - anti ship missiles/anti sub weaponry as well as AD SAMs) arrives in time, then yes BD Navy might damage IN inventory to a certain extent. Over all, its a bleak picture especially if India uses SOWs like CM's from land, air and sea.

You can beat back India, not doubt about it, very easily indeed.
You just have to..............

Rejoin......................

Pakistan

As a confederate

With complete freedom from every other issues except FP and Defence.
Who will be the in-charge of FP and defence?

Who will be the in-charge of FP and defence?

Can make a unified council with equal members and everything decided by the majority.
Military would be separate and independent from each other, with their own hierarchy and promotion, expenses but common defence in case of aggression.
Procurement could also be decided by a council, after discussion with the needs.
It can be done, if there is a will.
Pakistan should have adopted this approach at the time, to answer the Bengali's concerns , we could still have a united Pakistan or a confederate state name decided with mutual agreement after consultation.

The problem is the hand played by India.
We should pay back by dismembering India in very near future.
It is a due, we must pay back.

BD can not be held by any india for any period of time.

A nation of 165m is simply too large to manage.

Invasion of BD would break India economically and physically.

I would not expect any assistance from pakistan or china.

Any potential conflict would be one of attrition with huge loss of life in BD but ultimately victory is guaranteed.

There is however minimal chance of conflict as there is little to gain and everything to lose for both sides.

One mustn't antagonize the golden egg laying goose, Bangladesh is a natural friend and ally of the Indian Union. It is incumbent upon us to walk the extra mile in order to cement our friendship further, whilst ensuring that Bangladesh merges into the Indian cultural sphere every passing day.

One mustn't antagonize the golden egg laying goose, Bangladesh is a natural friend and ally of the Indian Union. It is incumbent upon us to walk the extra mile in order to cement our friendship further, whilst ensuring that Bangladesh merges into the Indian cultural sphere every passing day.

After increasing hindutva extremism in India, I think everyone is aware of the situation

Even the Bengalis aren't blind

After increasing hindutva extremism in India, I think everyone is aware of the situation

Even the Bengalis aren't blind
Hindutva extremism is a figment of your imagination! Even the so called Bengalis of Bangladesh are well aware of it..

Nothing can stop Bangladesh from being a natural cultural extension of the Indian Union, whilst retaining its sovereign charter. Indian culture and ideals pervades all elements of Bangladeshi way of life. They have drifted far away from your West Pakistan.

Hindutva extremism is a figment of your imagination! Even the so called Bengalis of Bangladesh are well aware of it..

Nothing can stop Bangladesh from being a natural cultural extension of the Indian Union, whilst retaining its sovereign charter. Indian culture and ideals pervades all elements of Bangladeshi way of life. They have drifted far away from your West Pakistan.

this hindutva figment of my imagination has created near insurmountable social division in India, more than we could ever have hoped

forget about Kashmiris even Indian Muslims realise Jinnah was right

even the Bengali aren't that daft, they see the writing on the wall with India and everyone is getting ready

Can make a unified council with equal members and everything decided by the majority.
Military would be separate and independent from each other, with their own hierarchy and promotion, expenses but common defence in case of aggression.
Procurement could also be decided by a council, after discussion with the needs.
It can be done, if there is a will.
Pakistan should have adopted this approach at the time, to answer the Bengali's concerns , we could still have a united Pakistan or a confederate state name decided with mutual agreement after consultation.

The problem is the hand played by India.
We should pay back by dismembering India in very near future.
It is a due, we must pay back.
I wish if we did this before. Lets take the example of Bangladesh and start doing this for remaining ones.

Fascist much !!

Bangladesh was threatened by annexation recently by politicians from India who actually won the elections too.

Remember Dhaka 1906?

Given that this is a hypothetical scenario, first you need to identify the issues that you will face.

1. India has massive air power and to an extent also similar artillery capability. That's how the attack will begin. India will bomb our air bases and take out our airforce within hours. Even if we manage to put some planes on the sky (considering the current fleet), it wont pose much of a threat. So BAF will be history very soon.

2. Although we have a capable Navy, India probably edge ahead in numerical advantage. I doubt there will be head-to-head naval battle but India can certainly enforce a blockade and we will probably hold some water near to our shores. However, the major issue that our Navy will face is aerial attacks by IAF after they have taken out our joke of an airforce. But I think the Navy will be able to put up a fight.

3. This will dry up our supplies, unless we keep a road open through Myanmar to China. However, I doubt that will happen as Myanmar is an ally for India.

There's only much IAF and IN can do but to win a war, India has to send boots on the ground. And it will be nearly impossible to beat us on the ground.

We have a very decent and well-equipped army numbering around 300,000 (Dont read the 200,000 nonsense, they are old figures). Add to it, some 70k-80k BGB and of course, 6 million Ansars & VDPs who in times of war fall under the command of the Army. Supplies would not be an issue as we have local production and make guns, bullets, grenades, mortar and even RPGs (correct me if there are more). Plus, our terrain remains our best advantage. IA will never be able to win a war on the ground.

Here, I am not even counting our special divisions like PGR, Para-Commandoes and SWADS.

I can tell you that our military ALWAYS trains keeping India in mind. I have heard this millions of times from Army members who dont hesitate to disclose it. Its just the reality. So our military is very well aware of what India will bring up and what are we going to do about it.

But of course, the above scenario is hypothetical so I would not worry about it too much!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom