What's new

Hypothetical scenario : Can Bangladesh beat back India in a war of attrition?

you can beat them if you ask for chinese help otherwise no chance.i have seen many indian members talking about bangladesh and how they can defeat bangladesh.i think war will end within two to three days.bangladesh is very small.

Size is not a deterrent or helper.

Terrain needs to be considered, and the people in it. Indians can boast all they want.

In 1971 they didn't even set foot in East Pakistan until around mid December. Their army knows the challenges.

BD should invest quickly in SHORAD that is easily movable, and hard to find via recon.

1.Avenger SHORAD, or a similar Chinese vehicle for taking out low flying Indian aircraft and is hard to track. In the Gulf War a majority of aircraft losses were caused by IR SAMs destroying low flying aircraft.
1574645012_f2541ade44_z.jpg

2.LS-II ADS Chinese SLAMRAAM/Chaparral easy to hide, and can engage high flying aircraft
The Lie Shou “Hunter” II Air Defense System or “LS-II ADS” was displayed publicly at the Zhuhai 2008 exhibition. It is a Chinese analogue to the US MIM-120/MPQ-64 Sentinel “SLAMRAAM” point defence system, but with the important distinction in a mixed missile armament, comprising two SD-10/PL-12 and two PL-9C. The SD-10/PL-12 is an analogue of the AIM-120 AMRAAM, but with better range performance, and equipped with the Russian designed Agat 9B-1103M active radar seeker. The PL-9C is an analogue of the AIM-9H/L Sidewinder. The LS II is therefore a defacto hybrid of the Chapparel and SLAMRAAM concepts, but with a self propelled engagement/acquisition radar rather than the towed MPQ-64 radar used with the SLAMRAAM.

Both the TEL and the engagement/acquisition radars are carried on the Dong Feng EQ-2050 HMMWV. The TEL is equipped with an electro-optical acquisition and tracking sensor mounted on the cabin roof. The radar is a planar array design, likely operating in the X-band.

LS-II-ADS-TEL-1-Zhenguan-Studio-3S.jpg

LS-II ADS TEL and engagement/acquisition radar (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio).

LS-II-ADS-TEL-1-Zhenguan-Studio-1S.jpg

LS-II ADS TEL (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio).

LS-II-ADS-TEL-1-Zhenguan-Studio-4S.jpg

LS-II ADS TEL EO system (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio).

LS-II-ADS-Engagement-Radar-Zhenguan-Studio-1S.jpg

LS-II ADS engagement/acquisition radar and antenna (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio).

LS-II-ADS-Engagement-Radar-Zhenguan-Studio-2S.jpg

SLAMRAAM-TEL-MPQ-64-Sentinel-IFCS-1S.jpg

SLAMRAAM battery with two TELs, MPQ-64 radar and C3 vehicle (US Army).

Last edited:
BD should invest quickly in SHORAD that is easily movable, and hard to find via recon.

Avenger SHORAD, or a similar Chinese vehicle for taking out low flying Indian aircraft and is hard to track. In the Gulf War a majority of aircraft losses were caused by IR SAMs destroying low flying aircraft.
1574645012_f2541ade44_z.jpg

FM90 a bit heavy then?

FM90 a bit heavy then?

No, FM-90s are actually really good if you can hide them in BD forests, and use them for aircraft ambushes. BD needs way, way more FM-90s though and probably 20 or 30 batteries but the money isn't there. Integrating Avenger/Chinese system and using FM-90 ACU as a radar would be especially good if emissions are cut very quickly.

This is one battery excluding transporter, and transloader.
BAF-2.jpg

I've been wondering about this recently.With our current state of armed forces, it's a given that we won't be able to defeat India head-on if it decides to invade.
However, my question is can we beat them back in a prolonged war of attrition with what we have currently?It's unlikely we'll get any help from outside world as IN will enforce a blockade on the sea & as good as BN is, I don't believe that they'll be able to prevent this.
Comments from more knowledgable members will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

This is strictly a hypothetical question.
Making it clear for the trolls.Not interested in your blabbering about how it'll never happen cuz BD is a vassal state of India.
Pakistan will definetly help if BD asks for it. On the other hand, it will be the big strategic
Loss for China if invasion happens

One more hypothetical question. Can BD wipe out USA if both country goes for fight?

:o:
Sorry mate, I must remind you it's not dwapara yuga, but kaliyuga had started already, and Mahabharata doesn't happen in kaliyuga. So I implore you to remember this reality before comparing India with USA!

Naval blockade by IN is definitely a possibility
Does India have such a great naval power that can impose a successful naval blockade in the bay of Bengal against Bangladesh?

Aren't you guys husband and wife ?
Actually we are looking for divorce. Perhaps Pakistan will be the next choice for India after divorce with Bangladesh!

:)

Last edited:
Size is not a deterrent or helper.

Terrain needs to be considered, and the people in it. Indians can boast all they want.

In 1971 they didn't even set foot in East Pakistan until around mid December. Their army knows the challenges.

I agree but they have eyes on your country.they consider Bangladesh and Sri Lanka their part because they give hints about old maps.they are a serious threat.i don't think that pakistan thinks about Bangladesh now.whatever happened is happened.we can't change it but India wants expansion and their economy is going great despite slow down.all in all,they are a serious threat.

In real war scenario BD is already taken over by India in 1971, in collaboration with Mir zafar BDs. And their govt of choice are ruling over BD permanently, making it the world's largest prison. Its not India's work to invade BD anymore, but to protect it. Its not in India's spine to take over BD in 1000 years, as BD got many advantages. But many people inside are corrupts. For a large country, India didnt have much to boast before 71. 47, 62, 65 all were their humiliation. As BDs joined hands with them in 71, their history started to take shape.

i may have issues with india but i don't want civil war in india

A number of things BD could acquire that can negate that threat, or at least combat it.

Coastal anti ship missiles with 100km range that can be launched in undefeatable barrages.
Photo-PR-2016-03-301.jpg

Helicopters equipped with 100km range antiship missiles
Marte-14-_001_702.jpg

EFT maritime strike squadrons equipped with six 100km range anti ship missiles
getasset.aspx

Submarines, assuming they can sneak within firing range of torpedoes
bangladesh-navy-submarines-in-china-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom