What's new

Few suggestions from me

I understand.

Just my personal opinion and experience that IDs on the net seldom if ever measure up in person. Nothing against Kaptaan or Eagle or anyone else here in the discussion.

Learned a long time ago what is important in life. And what is simply a tp.

You family and your close friends - important.

Internet buddies - tp.

They like me? Great. They hate my guts? Super.

Cheers, Doc

Another thing to remember is people are not the same on the internet as they are in real life. The internet removes our natural filters, we behave in a much more socially uninhibited way. It brings out the worst in people sometimes.

Another thing to remember is people are not the same on the internet as they are in real life. The internet removes our natural filters, we behave in a much more socially uninhibited way. It brings out the worst in people sometimes.

Absolutely.

I'm less of a prick in the real world.

Marginally.

Cheers, Doc

I understand.

Just my personal opinion and experience that IDs on the net seldom if ever measure up in person. Nothing against Kaptaan or Eagle or anyone else here in the discussion.

Learned a long time ago what is important in life. And what is simply a tp.

You family and your close friends - important.

Internet buddies - tp.

They like me? Great. They hate my guts? Super.

Cheers, Doc
Well said. In real life social mores and restrictions will inhibit many of things you can say on the internet. That is why internet is form of "release". It's a form of catharsis. In real life I am known to help old ladies across the road, raise charity for animal welfare and whole other raft of charities. I live in a quite idyllic home next to woods with neighbours who are epitome of Briish middle class manners. All smiles and "hellos" even if you don't know what is going on behind the facade of middle English society.

Well said. In real life social mores and restrictions will inhibit many of things you can say on the internet. That is why internet is form of "release". It's a form of catharsis. In real life I am known to help old ladies across the road, raise charity for animal welfare and whole other raft of charities. I live in a quite idyllic home next to woods with neighbours who are epitome of Briish middle class manners. All smiles ans "hellos" even if you don't know what is going on behind the facade of middle English society.

You're pretty much the Englishman online as well old chap.

With your gangadins and Manchester Urdu. :D

Cheers, Doc

if I have held my own views in the teeth of an onslaught by the bhakts, and in the face of their knowing my personal identity, and my very vulnerable position as a central government employee working in an institution under the direction of one of the worst bhakts in the ministry

That's rough. U should be a chemist. I just get to work in the lab either working hard or d*cking around depending on the workload. This means I don't have to deal with ppl much if I choose not to :D

In ur profession dealing with Bhakts, I expect that u have pulled all ur hair out and are now going bald.

That's rough. U should be a chemist. I just get to work in the lab either working hard or d*cking around depending on the workload. This means I don't have to deal with ppl much if I choose not to :D

Plus you can always make a bomb if you really get pushed. :tup:

Cheers, Doc

And how about this. I have regular walking buddy in the park - a retired snobby opera director. He is gay. I must admit when I found that out it did push by PC envelope. The deep ingrained South Asian in my DNA was cursing and telling me to beat the "basket" and then kick him some more. Then run like bat out of hell. Come home and have ten showers.

Guess what? My genes were defeated by my environmental nurturing. The cold English air must do something. I just said, barely able to hold my face from screaming "Oh Jonathan that is good, very good". After that I actually had to reconsider my views on homosexuality. Do change my walking time to avoid the "gay cnut" or not. Eventually after lot of conflicted thinking I concluded to exist at higher level is always difficult and hard work. Next day exactly at the fixed time I went back to the park to conquer my bigotry. And I did. I don't think Jonathan knows what I went through to just be able to walk with him. And funny thing is I feel better for it. Not my ingrained bigotry but the fact that I overcame it. Makes me feel better.

Of course he knows I am full red blooded male and will jump in with the next female whose eyes flash as long as she has the hour glass still intact - even if my family life has often taken a hit from this habit. Jonathan knows this. So two entirely differant people jog/walk in the park every day. I can't stand his opera rubbish and I think he can't stand my love for cars and women but we do sharte interest in politics. He did politics and history at Oxford.

But here on PDF I will be first lin line cussing the gays ....... that is the South Asian in me !!!

Plus you can always make a bomb if you really get pushed. :tup:

Cheers, Doc
:rofl: I do joke around with my friends like that specially being Pakistani and all. I tease them with their stereotypes(Hispanic, White, Black, Asian, etc.) and they tease me with all sorts of middle eastern/Pakistani/Indian stereotypes.

And how about this. I have regular walking buddy in the park - a retired snobby opera director. He is gay. I must admit when I found that out it did push by PC envelope. The deep ingrained South Asian in my DNA was cursing and telling me to beat the "basket" and then kick him some more. Then run like bat out of hell. Come home and have ten showers.

Guess what? My genes were defeated by my environmental nurturing. The cold English air must do something. I just said, barely able to hold my face from screaming "Oh Jonathan that is good, very good". After that I actually had to reconsider my views on homosexuality. Do change my walking time to avoid the "gay cnut" or not. Eventually after lot of conflicted thinking I concluded to exist at higher level is always difficult and hard work. Next day exactly at the fixed time I went back to the park to conquer my bigotry. And I did. I don't think Jonathan knows what I went through to just be able to walk with him. And funny thing is I feel better for it. Not my ingrained bigotry but the fact that I overcame it. Makes me feel better.

Of course he knows I am full red blooded male and will jump in with the next female whose eyes flash as long as she has the hour glass still intact - even if my family life has often taken a hit from this habit. Jonathan knows this. So two entirely differant people jog/walk in the park every day. I can't stand his opera rubbish and I think he can't stand my love for cars and women but we do sharte interest in politics. He did politics and history at Oxford.

But here on PDF I will be first lin line cussing the gays ....... that is the South Asian in me !!!

Is some of this creative license or did you actually feel negativity towards someone else because of their sexuality?

:rofl: I do joke around with my friends like that specially being Pakistani and all. I tease them with their stereotypes(Hispanic, White, Black, Asian, etc.) and they tease me with all sorts of middle eastern/Pakistani/Indian stereotypes.

I'm sorry, it was a genuine joke. Then I saw your second flag. :help:

Cheers, Doc

In ur profession dealing with Bhakts, I expect that u have pulled all ur hair out and are now going bald.
In the last year my head has gone grey and now is almost almost silver white. I am actually now thinking of stop dying them and look distinguished by showing my mass of white head - Jinnah style.

side-part-hairstyles-men-ideas-men-white-hair.jpg

I'm sorry, it was a genuine joke. Then I saw your second flag. :help:

Cheers, Doc
lol it's all good. It's all based on intentions. I knew u meant it as a joke. I'm open minded enough with a good sense of humor to be able to take joke and dish it back out. U know being Punjabi(Lahori)...these "jugatein" come to me naturally.

These kinds of things are only a problem when someone wants to intentionally hurt ur feelings...in which case I also respond accordingly.

I had a similar experience recently man.

And I found out he was gay when I saw his marriage photos on our whatsapp group.

And Ive known him for close to 30 years without suspecting a thing ...

Cheers, Doc

actually feel negativity towards someone else because of their sexuality?
Ingrained negativity toward the other person sexuality. Simple homopobia. When I was at school "puff" was one of the choice terms we used to disparage. So that is still latent in my makeup. It was almost a sickening and disgusting feeling. Like a grenade exploded inside. Took some effort to restrain and hide my thoughts.

In the last year my head has gone grey and now is almost almost silver white. I am actually now thinking of stop dying them and look distinguished by showing my mass of white head - Jinnah style.

side-part-hairstyles-men-ideas-men-white-hair.jpg
Grey hair can look cool in moderation and depending on the facial geometry one can actually pull it off quite nicely and get some extra attention from the ladies ;)

For example George Clooney rocks his grey hair well. You can go for something like that. In my case I'm in my mid twenties and based on my family genes, I don't have to worry about grey hair for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom