What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Per paf history after Lybian deal (2007), in 2008 Swiss package was acquired and all its engines were reduced to spares

Plus local manufacture of ATAR engines items was also started

Mirage fleet at one time at its peak was more than 120 aircraft

With consultation of OEM since 2012 delta ground visit is in place to keep mirages past 2020 ;)

Pg will go first as there is no provision I think
Pg will stay for atleast 10 more years..thats for sure..

50 Years of dedicated Service.

19396776_1321107264663231_6547569418900401364_n.jpg

Why we don't see such bomb loads on our Mirages. Can't they carry such loads now due to old age.

These loads I am talking about, they r shown on the web links above my post.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 71
One outer wing would carry aams plus hardpoint 6 and 7 are not being used and may be only available on later version of mirage 5 not sure I had asked but don't remember what the answer was, not even on rose2/3 version guessing here as I am basing this on available pics and not actual info

Many were scrapped for spares as per SIPRI arms trade register.

There is no conclusive evidence on that website to show that all those practically brand new Mirages were scrapped. The Mirage project of the PAF aimed to recover as many air frames as possible and scrap the rest, and if the Libyan jets had such low flying hours, there is no reason why the PAF would dismantle them for spares.

Back
Top Bottom