What's new

Military Balance of Turkish & Hellenic Air Forces in the Region

Glad to read it, I agree too.....
but......
when your country officially disputes the Treaty of Lausanne, it reproduces maximalist narratives like "Mavi Vatan" and "EGAYDAAK", its planes fly over Greek islands, we have events like this one in Farmakonissi, it supports organizations like "National Resistance of Western Thrace"..... .......
then in practice, it violates what you and I do not want.
Honestly what we have now is close to mini cold war..
For Greece this new crisis start in 2018-19 when Erdogan disputes the Treaty of Lausanne, Make EEZ agreement with UN recognized Libyan govermant and send searching ships to EastMed..
But for Turkey it start in 2016 when Turkey was in chaos and make operations in Syria against ISIS.. Egypt,Israel,Cyprus and Greece decide to creat an allience in East Med. They creat new economic forum and military allience with Medusa exercises close to Turkish coast than they invite foreign energy companies to the region and leave no other choice to Turkey but to accept Sevilla map.
There was no way that Turkey would refuse any negotiations at that time with Greece but those countries didnt want it...

If we could make a deal at that time, Europe would use the NatGas from EastMed and this region would be like new Arabian gulf.. EEZ is not our only problem ofc not but solving most importand problem would make easier to solve other ones like Cyprus and 6-12 mile issue

This type of MAP would be good solution for both side.
iobq6kgv8xk51.jpg

Main reasons of all this problems are EEZ.. Overflights, İslands, Western Thrace etc. are just extra for gunboat diplomacy.. There is no chance of peace with Erdogan now but I know next govermant will try to start negotiations with Greece and I realy hope we can find solution than..

Treaty of Lausanne, or otherwise which we Turks call it LOZAN ANLASMASI is up for dispute this year since Lausanne expires this year fullfilling its expire date of 100 years..
According to whom? There's no expiration date to the Treaty of Lausanne.

There is no chance of peace with Erdogan now but I know next govermant will try to start negotiations with Greece and I realy hope we can find solution than..
Look,for the Aegean part,no. But for the area around Kastellorizo we could probably get to some agreement. But nothing that cuts access to Cyprus.

Now when it comes to the government,the opposition parties recently said they will work to settle matters peacefully with all neighbors and to restore relations. But then again,some months ago or maybe last year,Kilicdaroglu and Aksener were making even worse statements about taking back islands etc if they got in power. But maybe that was just typical opposition replies to Erdogan's current rhetoric. Some analysts here say Aksener will be worse than Erdogan,but Kilicdaroglu might be more moderate and logical.

Still...there's hope. If Erdogan leaves of course. Because I'm suspecting he'll rig the elections or do something to postpone it.

Can you imagine him proclaiming himself Sultan and abolishing the constitution? 😂 If he had a bigger percentage of supporters,he could have done it,but at this point...nah. Although,I think he would have liked to turn Turkey into a Sultanate again. With his son being successor.

Look,for the Aegean part,no. But for the area around Kastellorizo we could probably get to some agreement. But nothing that cuts access to Cyprus.

Now when it comes to the government,the opposition parties recently said they will work to settle matters peacefully with all neighbors and to restore relations. But then again,some months ago or maybe last year,Kilicdaroglu and Aksener were making even worse statements about taking back islands etc if they got in power. But maybe that was just typical opposition replies to Erdogan's current rhetoric. Some analysts here say Aksener will be worse than Erdogan,but Kilicdaroglu might be more moderate and logical.

Still...there's hope. If Erdogan leaves of course. Because I'm suspecting he'll rig the elections or do something to postpone it.

Can you imagine him proclaiming himself Sultan and abolishing the constitution? 😂 If he had a bigger percentage of supporters,he could have done it,but at this point...nah. Although,I think he would have liked to turn Turkey into a Sultanate again. With his son being successor.
Erdogan look like a dictator in western countries but he is realy not that strong right now, Oppusution have %70 chance to win upcoming elections and stealing %5-10 of votes is not possible, at best he can steal %1-2 but now his popularity is around %30..
Akşener is not going to be canditate against Erdogan, There is chance that Kılıçdaroğlu can be but Erdogan will totaly win against him and even I as a Anti-Erdogan person won't vote for Kılıçdaroğlu..
If somehow Erdogan win, There will be no big crisis with Greece thats certain and proboly current problems will be frozen until he gone and he will do some positive things like accepting Sweden to NATO to look good to USA.. Even now all that "we may come at one night" empty words are to get support of nationalists voters like MMM-E so its nothing serius..
If oppusution win, than negotiations may have true meaning, because they care about economy and demographics more than crisis with Greece or influence in Libya and Greece will see this too.
So unless a golden dawn style nationalist party became part of a govermant coalition in Greece, we will have serius peace talks with real solution, rest is easy.

Erdogan look like a dictator in western countries but he is realy not that strong right now, Oppusution have %70 chance to win upcoming elections and stealing %5-10 of votes is not possible, at best he can steal %1-2 but now his popularity is around %30..
Akşener is not going to be canditate against Erdogan, There is chance that Kılıçdaroğlu can be but Erdogan will totaly win against him and even I as a Anti-Erdogan person won't vote for Kılıçdaroğlu..
If somehow Erdogan win, There will be no big crisis with Greece thats certain and proboly current problems will be frozen until he gone and he will do some positive things like accepting Sweden to NATO to look good to USA.. Even now all that "we may come at one night" empty words are to get support of nationalists voters like MMM-E so its nothing serius..
If oppusution win, than negotiations may have true meaning, because they care about economy and demographics more than crisis with Greece or influence in Libya and Greece will see this too.
So unless a golden dawn style nationalist party became part of a govermant coalition in Greece, we will have serius peace talks with real solution, rest is easy.
I think CHP will probably win. Whether they will continue all of Erdogan's big spending on weapons or stop some projects,that we will see,but...I don't think they will continue to build second and third aircraft carriers and spend so much money in weapons. I think they will want to fix the economy first. And probably restore relations with the Americans. Right?

I think CHP will probably win. Whether they will continue all of Erdogan's big spending on weapons or stop some projects,that we will see,but...I don't think they will continue to build second and third aircraft carriers and spend so much money in weapons. I think they will want to fix the economy first. And probably restore relations with the Americans. Right?
Military program will never stop Forget about that, Even ıf Greece became a brother state like second Azerbaijan and Cyprus get united..
Most of this weapons are made to get prepared to wars in middle east and to cut dependence on Western states, even most peacefull govermant in Turkey will enter Northen Syria and finish YPG-PKK but to do that first we need to have independent military industry, because everyone in that region want oil and they will never leave it easily..
So we need to get ready for military sanctions from USA,Germany,France..

The economy is actually not bad, its just designed in that way.
For example There is enough strength to push the dolar down, but the dolar deliberately kept high for big companies to invest in Turkey.
Companies that have already made billions of dollars in profit thanks to the refugees who created the cheap labor force, have made much more profit again this time thanks to the lira-dollar exchange rate.
Now that the elections are approaching, Erdogan has increased the minimum wage to 8 thousand liras and reduced inflation by 20%.. This may give you idea how easy for them to fix this economy ıf they want.
Oppusution promise to remove this system and replace it with new one wich is more nationalistic

Last edited:
Military program will never stop Forget about that, Even ıf Greece became a brother state like second Azerbaijan and Cyprus get united..
Most of this weapons are made to get prepared to wars in middle east and to cut dependence on Western states, even most peacefull govermant in Turkey will enter Northen Syria and finish YPG-PKK but to do that first we need to have independent military industry, because everyone in that region want oil and they will never leave it easily..
So we need to get ready for military sanctions from USA,Germany,France..

The economy is actually not bad, its just designed in that way.
For example There is enough strength to push the dolar down, but the dolar deliberately kept high for big companies to invest in Turkey.
Companies that have already made billions of dollars in profit thanks to the refugees who created the cheap labor force, have made much more profit agains thanks to the lira-dollar exchange rate.
Now that the elections are approaching, Erdogan has increased the minimum wage to 8 thousand liras and reduced inflation by 20%.. This may give you idea how easy for them to fix this economy.
Oppusution promise to remove this system and replace it with new one wich is more nationalistic
I think the CHP will get it this time. UNLESS...he decides to keep power. I don't think he wants to go now. Especially not in the 100 years of the Turkish Republic anniversary.

I think the CHP will get it this time. UNLESS...he decides to keep power. I don't think he wants to go now. Especially not in the 100 years of the Turkish Republic anniversary
He can cry about it all he want but he will be gone ıf he lose elections.
Those Gulenists who try make coup in 2016 was actualy designed to turn army into İslamist wich will help Erdogan to creat New Ottoman empire but instead they try to take Erdogan down and now Army ruled by Kemalists + Nationalists aka Greywolfs again, They are loyal to Erdogan but they are not his puppets It was actualy because of this generals that Erdogan change his foreign policy and forced to enter Syria.
So ıf Erdogan lose elections and said he dont wanna leave his chair, they will just show him the door. Most powerfull buisness mans are already abonden Erdogan because you know rats abonden sinking ship first.. No one will ruin their lifes and buisness for one man ego.

He can cry about it all he want but he will be gone ıf he lose elections.
Those Gulenists who try make coup in 2016 was actualy designed to turn army into İslamist wich will help Erdogan to creat New Ottoman empire but instead they try to take Erdogan down and now Army ruled by Kemalists + Nationalists aka Greywolfs again, They are loyal to Erdogan but they are not his puppets It was actualy because of this generals that Erdogan change his foreign policy and forced to enter Syria.
So ıf Erdogan lose elections and said he dont wanna leave his chair, they will just show him the door. Most powerfull buisness mans are already abonden Erdogan because you know rats abonden sinking ship first.. No one will ruin their lifes and buisness for one man ego.
I'm thinking the only one who can probably take Erdogan down and succeed him,is Akar.

Akar work behind screen, He have huge power in state now with Erdogan and he will keep this power after Erdogan too
It makes sense actually. I thought,if anyone can take power from Erdogan easily,it's probably him. He's a very capable man and I believe more realistic than Erdogan.

Are Gayreek's going to take ownership of the famous erDOGan?

e84.jpg
Lol I've tried 4-5 photos of me on that app and got different results each time,but I mostly got Armenian,Israeli,Emirati and some other Arab country,also Greek,Brazilian and don't remember what else.

Anyway,you should stop with that "Gayreek" thing. This is a Youtube comment level insult.

Eurofighter Typhoons are the best bet for turkey to counter Hellenic airforce F 16 vipers and rafales typhoons are more advanced and design to dominate air specs unlike rafale

Back
Top Bottom