What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
These loads I am talking about, they r shown on the web links above my post.View attachment 406085

These are wartime loads and usually are only carried on special missions. In any case, these heavy loads will severely restrict the maneuverability and range of the fighter jet. But I don't think there is any restriction on the mirages for carrying such heavy bomb loads. The planes that are flying will retain the same capabilities as when they left the factory. The only thing that changes with age is their component failure rate.

Keep posting images; it is great to see how Mirage keeps flying. If some of the frames were new, it makes no sense to throw them away as there is good life left.

According to the book "Mirage III/5/50 en service à l'étranger" (Mirage III/5/50 in foreign service - part 4 of the infamous Mirage book series), 53 airframes were acquired in 2004 followed by 26 more in 2005; totalling 79 and constituting all surviving airframes in Libya.

As a sidenote, these airframes had only 370 to 800 hours on the 32 M5MD, 500 to 750 hours on the 29 M5DE (although one had 1100 hrs), 900 to 1200 hours on the 12 M5DD, and 450 to 600 hours on the 6 M5DR.

In theory, the Mirage factory at Kamra can revive a couple of these reserve aircraft every year and we will be seeing them for decades to come :-)

Per paf history 1999-2103 14 Ac were recovered mostly dual seaters and reci from first batch but as needed some additional will be recovered and rest used as spares, some were used for spares as displayed by AFM in article on lybian af

I had seen those Ac on my visit as well ;)

these fighters are outdated and we need to replace them as quickly as we can

About 90-100 airframes were taken after long time storage from France, Australia and Libya they still have not completed their company service life and in addition they were upgraded with latestavionics like radars etc for specially ground attack role. They will serve for atleast a decade or more in PAF

Per paf history 1999-2103 14 Ac were recovered mostly dual seaters and reci from first batch but as needed some additional will be recovered and rest used as spares, some were used for spares as displayed by AFM in article on lybian af

I had seen those Ac on my visit as well ;)
does anyone has this book ni pdf format?

Attack aircraft*
we need better attack aircrafts though, like an A-10 or a SU-25, we used to have the Q-5/A-5 but idk why we got rid of them. honestly pakistan need to make a attack aircraft because we would use it more. we need more bombers, attack aircrafts and combat drones

last time i checked terrorist dont have fighters(with the exception of india:omghaha:)

we need better attack aircrafts though, like an A-10 or a SU-25, we used to have the Q-5/A-5 but idk why we got rid of them. honestly pakistan need to make a attack aircraft because we would use it more. we need more bombers, attack aircrafts and combat drones

last time i checked terrorist dont have fighters(with the exception of india:omghaha:)
Its an era of MULTI ROLE aircrafts and MULTI ROLE squadrons

Its an era of MULTI ROLE aircrafts and MULTI ROLE squadrons
well multi-roles are pretty much fighters with a couple bombs strapped on them, they can never truly be an attack aircraft

well multi-roles are pretty much fighters with a couple bombs strapped on them, they can never truly be an attack aircraft
a mirage drops bombs so does an f16..but if u are referring to gun then only a10 or maybe the frog foot are unique

Mirage are currently in the role of deep penetration strike missions. The upgraded ROSE's with FLIR and advanced ECM suites could penetrate Indian airspace easily in the 1990's and 2000's and still today. Whether that will remain true past 2020 is unclear.

Again for any attack mission, attack aircrafts will must have to be accompanied by fighter aircrafts so it may not be better to use multirole aircraft doing both things(attack n self defence) in a single shot? :-)

Mirage are currently in the role of deep penetration strike missions. The upgraded ROSE's with FLIR and advanced ECM suites could penetrate Indian airspace easily in the 1990's and 2000's and still today. Whether that will remain true past 2020 is unclear.

Why is it that You believe PAF can penetrate IAF airspace easily Today. ????????

Is PAF strike planes equipped with F22 raptors with RCS size of marbles and therefore invisible to radar
Or equipped with highly advanced EW suites like Rafales Spectra suites which jam the GCC radars .

YOU NEED TO Qualify your statement

IMO PAF mirages are obsolete airframes will get detected and taken out by any of IAF fighters be it mki mig29 or even bison mig21.

Don't underestimate the indian ability to track PAF fighters that may enter indian air space. The reason they will get picked up is the PAF strike fleet is mostly obsolete second generation mirages .

Back
Top Bottom