What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
They are old plateforms. It is not feasible to Upgrade them niw
yes. what i mean to say is you need zero hr airframes which this provides you with and it is not that difficult to put around 30-50 through a conversion process; i dont see these M3/5 retiring up to 2035 or more at this rate;

yes. what i mean to say is you need zero hr airframes which this provides you with and it is not that difficult to put around 30-50 through a conversion process; i dont see these M3/5 retiring up to 2035 or more at this rate;
Hope PAF look at cheetah upgrade

PAF should start thinking about other options to replace those Mirages.

1. 50+ J-10Cs
2. 50+ EF-2000s

or upgraded JH-7s. Those will be specifically for low level deep strike weapons carriers.
Kamakaze JH-7 squadron, anti ship and deep precision strike. I had pointed out before PAF wil never be able to outnumber its enemy or even match them in numbers but PAF sure does scare the living day light out of Indians (I would know).

Kamakaze JH-7 squadron, anti ship and deep precision strike. I had pointed out before PAF wil never be able to outnumber its enemy or even match them in numbers but PAF sure does scare the living day light out of Indians (I would know).
What are your thoughts about reengining and upgrading the M3/5s to maintain 2- 3 squadrons for specific roles. Is it doable and FINANCIALLY viable? The engine being RD 93 and upgrades along the cheetah lines with KLJ7A radar.
A

What are your thoughts about reengining and upgrading the M3/5s to maintain 2- 3 squadrons for specific roles. Is it doable and FINANCIALLY viable? The engine being RD 93 and upgrades along the cheetah lines with KLJ7A radar.
A
Yes it doable sir and financially sound but instead RD-93 why not we will use WS-13 and how about LFK-601 instead of KLJ-7A because if we will try to fit KLJ-7A in our Mirages we need a modification of its nose cone on the other hand LFK-601 doesn't need to modify the nosecone of our Mirages, another problem is age fuselage is over to our Mirages, just my 2 cent sir:angel:

A
( Caution I am a very lazy person and i will miss some details )

As one can interpret from my name I really really love mirages and It is my utmost desired aircraft operated by the Pakistan air force and I have many many memories associated with Mirage (good and bad)

The first thing i would like to address is the engine, assuming we all know that the mirage type 3/5 are immensely under powered and complimented with a horrid aspect ratio just makes it much more difficult to employ the air craft in battle

the snecma atar type turbojet and the rd-93 type turbofan are worlds apart from the core

the snecma (turbo jet) has a sleeker but longer physical profile and the rd 93 is a bulkier but shorter (turbo fan) so it is impossible to interchange the Power plant .

The mirage 3/5 types are heavily upgraded as they are today and are being used for roles they were not intended for and pouring more money into it will be useless in my opinion, think of it in this way ( buying an old mehran upgrading to 22 inch tires, 333 hp Engine, bose sound systems, removing seats and installing a box tank for extra fuel, fitting touchscreen on the dash, getting premium of road GX shock absorbers suspensions, heating element and massage cushion for seat bla bla bla bla) you get the point right? Or you can just buy a lexus lx570 it will cost you a tad more but more comfortable for the driver and easy to use and most importantly safe

To spend more cash on mr crash is not a good idea I can talk a-lot on my baby but it would be much better to replace them (the air frames are getting older and they need a new home called museums) or I can just buy a few

FOR LOW LEVEL STRIKE THE MIRAGE IS VERY VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND THE STRESSES ARE IMMENSE ON THE AIR FRAME.

doing such major upgrades on an air frame that old will give you lots of issues, challenges and heavy heavy testing will be required to test the air craft if every thing but mirage being such an unforgiving air craft I would not want it to fly in today's battle air space to fight the enemy. but make no mistake it can impair you and disable you on the ground but there are platforms that can do it in a bigger number with fewer air craft.

So let me answer your question is it doable......................(NO)..reason (heavy RND, heavy testing, air frame limit, design limit)
Is it Viable....................(NO)....(much better options to the same job on a heavier scale)

Yes it doable sir and financially sound but instead RD-93 why not we will use WS-13 and how about LFK-601 instead of KLJ-7A because if we will try to fit KLJ-7A in our Mirages we need a modification of its nose cone on the other hand LFK-601 doesn't need to modify the nosecone of our Mirages, another problem is age fuselage is over to our Mirages, just my 2 cent sir:angel:
I like your enthusiasm

( Caution I am a very lazy person and i will miss some details )

As one can interpret from my name I really really love mirages and It is my utmost desired aircraft operated by the Pakistan air force and I have many many memories associated with Mirage (good and bad)

The first thing i would like to address is the engine, assuming we all know that the mirage type 3/5 are immensely under powered and complimented with a horrid aspect ratio just makes it much more difficult to employ the air craft in battle

the snecma atar type turbojet and the rd-93 type turbofan are worlds apart from the core

the snecma (turbo jet) has a sleeker but longer physical profile and the rd 93 is a bulkier but shorter (turbo fan) so it is impossible to interchange the Power plant .

The mirage 3/5 types are heavily upgraded as they are today and are being used for roles they were not intended for and pouring more money into it will be useless in my opinion, think of it in this way ( buying an old mehran upgrading to 22 inch tires, 333 hp Engine, bose sound systems, removing seats and installing a box tank for extra fuel, fitting touchscreen on the dash, getting premium of road GX shock absorbers suspensions, heating element and massage cushion for seat bla bla bla bla) you get the point right? Or you can just buy a lexus lx570 it will cost you a tad more but more comfortable for the driver and easy to use and most importantly safe

To spend more cash on mr crash is not a good idea I can talk a-lot on my baby but it would be much better to replace them (the air frames are getting older and they need a new home called museums) or I can just buy a few

FOR LOW LEVEL STRIKE THE MIRAGE IS VERY VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND THE STRESSES ARE IMMENSE ON THE AIR FRAME.

doing such major upgrades on an air frame that old will give you lots of issues, challenges and heavy heavy testing will be required to test the air craft if every thing but mirage being such an unforgiving air craft I would not want it to fly in today's battle air space to fight the enemy. but make no mistake it can impair you and disable you on the ground but there are platforms that can do it in a bigger number with fewer air craft.

So let me answer your question is it doable......................(NO)..reason (heavy RND, heavy testing, air frame limit, design limit)
Is it Viable....................(NO)....(much better options to the same job on a heavier scale)

I like your enthusiasm
But we don't have $$$ to replace it sir

yes may be in future when our economy improves the best option we have to replace is either J-10C or Mig-35
Mig 35 for various reasons (rd93) (flies like an f-16 and better) (easy to maintain on the field but expensive parts)
and jh-7 for the role that mirage is offering the PAF

today the PAF has a budget around 2.4 some what billion $ to by new and improved jet fighter 3000 we need a budget of 3 billion $ extra at the min

Last edited:
Mig 35 for various reasons (rd93) (flies like an f-16 and better) (easy to maintain on the field but expensive parts)
and jh-7 for the role that mirage is offering the PAF
For CAS and strike/anti ship JH-7 could be the best and Cheapest option, but today most of world air forces replacing their single mission jets with multi role jets

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom