What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
For CAS and strike/anti ship JH-7 could be the best and Cheapest option, but today most of world air forces replacing their single mission jets with multi role jets
It is true my friend but let me ask you, If you are frightened of some thing would you mess with it?

Single mission air-craft are the most feared and you need special khar-dimagh pilot (even more frightening)

It is true my friend but let me ask you, If you are frightened of some thing would you mess with it?

Single mission air-craft are the most feared and you need special khar-dimagh pilot (even more frightening)
But main thing is that PAF already rejected this jet sir and and we desperately need to induct deep strike jet to strike deep inside India and how about Su-34 or Su-24 is t possible to get old Su-24 from Russia on cheaper price tag at least

But main thing is that PAF already rejected this jet sir and and we desperately need to induct deep strike jet to strike deep inside India and how about Su-34 or Su-24 is t possible to get old Su-24 from Russia on cheaper price tag at least
never buy old Russian equipment they make use and throw stuff. SU34 is a beauty and if you search my name you will get a broader view of JH-7B (improved version) and Su-34 (fighter bomber)

never by old Russian equipment they make use and throw stuff. SU34 is a beauty and if you search my name you will get a broader view of JH-7B (improved version) and Su-34 (fighter bomber)
But result would be same for JH-7B, PAF thinks that JH-7 or its B versions its design is too old to be fit in modern standards, as for Su-34 may be Russian not willing to sell Su-34 to Pakistan, that's why i suggest Su-24 sir:angel:

But result would be same for JH-7B, PAF thinks that JH-7 or its B versions its design is too old to be fit in modern standards, as for Su-34 may be Russian not willing to sell Su-34 to Pakistan, that's why i suggest Su-24 sir:angel:
Sir I do not have the knowledge to comprehend what PAF is thinking in terms of strike air craft but jh-7b is a highly modernized version, if jh-7 is old than what is mirage ? it is older than my grand ma I have seen mirages flying in PAF older than the invention of rubix cube, bar codes, LCD, flopy disks and posted notes. Asuming you are not a child you will know about the difference in everything associated to those ages when we only had one type of bread one type of rice and one type of condiment to put on your burger THE MIRAGE IS THAT OLD.

Russia will do anything for the right price

Sir I do not have the knowledge to comprehend what PAF is thinking in terms of strike air craft but jh-7b is a highly modernized version, if jh-7 is old than what is mirage ? it is older than my grand ma I have seen mirages flying in PAF older than the invention of rubix cube, bar codes, LCD, flopy disks and posted notes. Asuming you are not a child you will know about the difference in everything associated to those ages when we only had one type of bread one type of rice and one type of condiment to put on your burger THE MIRAGE IS THAT OLD.

Russia will do anything for the right price
i know sir that our Mirages are older than JH-7 but PAF knows better than why they reject JH-7B on what technical terms,

Ab PAF KO KON SAMJHAI BHAI

or upgraded JH-7s. Those will be specifically for low level deep strike weapons carriers.

Hi,

At this time---tactically Pakistan needs the JH7A's more than ever---. JF17 or Mirage 3/5's are just like putting your finger to plug the holes in the dikes.

Our first batch F16's are older than the JH7A.

JH7A's were built in or around 2004---. The JH7w were started around 1988---.

Last edited:
strike type fighter bombers are of immense importance to the Pakistan air force the bulk of our load to be completely honest falls on the shoulders of the f-16 now multi-role is a good platform but some times you need the right tool to do the job right. I have crunched numbers Again and Again, I love PAF and I would never cheat on her :smitten: but for fcuk sake get your ship straight the mirage is like squeezing the last bit out of your toothpaste I know we dont face a greater ground threat but we need it to keep it that way, we need a dedicated strike type / fighter bomber to deal with the Arabian sea, those Iran regime & Internal problems and we need something to support the f-16 and jf-17 type an air superiority fighter, just like french fires and bun kabbab.

The f-16 is the bun the jf-17 is the kabbab because it is protected and complimented by the bun BUT WHEN EATING BUN KABAB AND FRENCH FRIES YOU ALWAYS EAT THE FRENCH FRIES FIRST THEN BUN KABBAB THAN FRIES FRIES BUNKABAB FRIES FRIES AND SO ON.

PAF NEEDS FRENCH FRIES YOU KNOW WHEN YOU DON,T HAVE FRENCH FRIES WITH BUN KABAB YOU FEEL EMPTY YOU HAVE THIS DELICIOUS BUN KABAB BUT NO FRIES IT IS SAD THE AWACS ARE THE COLD DRINK.

3-4 SQUADRON OF 43 FIGHTER BOMBER (MIRAGE REPLACEMENT)
4 SQUADRON OF 56 SOME OR FULLY CAPABLE AIR SUPERIORITY TO BE THE FRENCH FRIES OF OUR NATION

Hi,

At this time---tactically Pakistan needs the JH7A's more than ever---. JF17 or Mirage 3/5's are just like putting your finger to plug the holes in the dikes.

Our first batch F16's are older than the JH7A.

JH7A's were built in or around 2004---. The JH7w were started around 1988---.

JH-7 is probably the best strike fighter for PAF right now, a bomb truck that provides exponential improvement to our strike capabilities.
While I do not know JH-7 flight characteristics compared to the delta wing mirages, the JH-7 brings to the table what the PAF desperately needs an excellent strike platform and a plane that could help with our potential dwindling aircraft numbers.

What are your thoughts about reengining and upgrading the M3/5s to maintain 2- 3 squadrons for specific roles. Is it doable and FINANCIALLY viable? The engine being RD 93 and upgrades along the cheetah lines with KLJ7A radar.
A
I think the last major upgrade to Mirage fleet was ROSE till 2003, its been almost 15+ years now. Due to older frames and cannibalization of aircraft for spares, it doesn't make sense to keep upgrading the aircraft. Minor changes like IFR probes are acceptable. PAF is not tilting towards J-10 also, EFT cannot be had in large numbers if its even possible to form the line up. JFT is replacing F-7 P, so Mirages still have a decade or two to go until some replacement is found.

A major infrastructure of PAF Mirages is placed at a AFB Rafiqui, Shorkot and then AFB Masroor. So the replacement aircraft will be placed at these bases. Due to nature of specialized roles of 25th and 27th squadrons, modern strike aircraft are required. 15th Sqd is also Tactical Attack, while 7th Sqd is mix of strike and air superiority, so definitely 4 x Sqds worth of a modern jet are required. Ra'ad Capable aircraft could be Chinese or French. Rafale is out of equation, Mirage-2000 option may not be exercised. EFT or SU-35 or any other which comes close to specs, otherwise wait for induction of stealth aircraft to take over strike role.

so definitely 4 x Sqds worth of a modern jet are required. Ra'ad Capable aircraft could be Chinese or French. Rafale is out of equation, Mirage-2000 option may not be exercised. EFT or SU-35 or any other which comes close to specs, otherwise wait for induction of stealth aircraft to take over strike role.[/QUOTE]

@Khafee has gone AWOL and there's no inside info of any fighter jet procurement.
Any guesstimate as to when we might be able to hear news about this topic?

Secondly, considering our fiscal state what are our chances of procuring a European jet like EFT?
Thank you.

I think the last major upgrade to Mirage fleet was ROSE till 2003, its been almost 15+ years now. Due to older frames and cannibalization of aircraft for spares, it doesn't make sense to keep upgrading the aircraft. Minor changes like IFR probes are acceptable. PAF is not tilting towards J-10 also, EFT cannot be had in large numbers if its even possible to form the line up. JFT is replacing F-7 P, so Mirages still have a decade or two to go until some replacement is found.

A major infrastructure of PAF Mirages is placed at a AFB Rafiqui, Shorkot and then AFB Masroor. So the replacement aircraft will be placed at these bases. Due to nature of specialized roles of 25th and 27th squadrons, modern strike aircraft are required. 15th Sqd is also Tactical Attack, while 7th Sqd is mix of strike and air superiority, so definitely 4 x Sqds worth of a modern jet are required. Ra'ad Capable aircraft could be Chinese or French. Rafale is out of equation, Mirage-2000 option may not be exercised. EFT or SU-35 or any other which comes close to specs, otherwise wait for induction of stealth aircraft to take over strike role.
Options are there, money is not. In certain cases, money is there but will is not.
And there are good reasons we keep listening absurd arguments related to combat worth fulness of Mirages. Like 'we have upgraded them now; they are still relevant in modern combat, Op Swift Retort is proof; PAF Mirages have infinite airframe life as we keep updating them at MRF; PAF Mirage Rose are as good as IAF Mirages etc etc.
But the fact is that these aircrafts are now almost obsolete, have poor availability, are heavy maintenance demanding, have poor sortie rate & turn around time. There is need to maintain only 2,3 squadrons of Mirages with most capable airframes.
These aircrafts were suppose to retire by 2025 but apparently will now cross 2030.
A certain lobby within PAF also don't want this aircraft to go. Otherwise their 'bonus kharcha pani' will end up...

Options are there, money is not. In certain cases, money is there but will is not.
And there are good reasons we keep listening absurd arguments related to combat worth fulness of Mirages. Like 'we have upgraded them now; they are still relevant in modern combat, Op Swift Retort is proof; PAF Mirages have infinite airframe life as we keep updating them at MRF; PAF Mirage Rose are as good as IAF Mirages etc etc.
But the fact is that these aircrafts are now almost obsolete, have poor availability, are heavy maintenance demanding, have poor sortie rate & turn around time. There is need to maintain only 2,3 squadrons of Mirages with most capable airframes.
These aircrafts were suppose to retire by 2025 but apparently will now cross 2030.
A certain lobby within PAF also don't want this aircraft to go. Otherwise their 'bonus kharcha pani' will end up...

Please elaborate on the options!

Back
Top Bottom