What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

It's good to have you back on this forum. I am curious thou what happened to your title? Can you still hand out negative ratings? I can't even like a post now.

Title - I fried a TT's brain in real life, and they took my title :lol::lol::lol:

Well contact a mod, you should at least be allowed to thank posts - must be a technical glitch.

kibda sandwich (KSA after all)

1392028667229752900.jpg

1392028667229753200.jpg

Doctors and health experts strongly advise a healthy breakfast because it is like the fuel needed by the body’s engine to work and face the day. Breakfast time should be the most relaxed time and the best meal of the day.

The basic, everyday breakfast in most hotels in the city is continental or oriental and American breakfast with milk, tea, coffee, cornflakes, eggs and bread.
However, to get the best taste of Arabic food, particularly Saudi breakfast, one needs to visit the Habsburg restaurant Rosewood Corniche which serves Saudi-style breakfast which is both nourishing and characteristic of Arab cuisine.
Maurizio, the executive Chef at Rosewood explained that they are inviting guests to have breakfast with a touch of Arabia; to start with very simple but important dishes of breakfast including foul, balila, flatbreads prepared in a saj oven and served with Zater, white goat cheese and labneh, grape leaves, falafel, fresh honeycomb, homemade dates jam, eggs (boiled, fried, poached, etc.), pancakes, waffles, pastries and fresh fruits, green and black olives, a thick cream cheese made by draining yoghurt through cheese cloth and then drizzled with olive oil, to eat with pieces of bread from hot loaves between sips of Arabic coffee or sweet tea in an Arabic atmosphere with music in the background.
The flatbreads with Zater which is a mixture of thyme, salt, sumac and sesame seeds and eggs was especially prepared in front of the guests by Saudi Chef Adel Ateeq and Lebanese Chef Hassan Ahmed Fakeeh on request which enhanced the whole experience of an Arabic breakfast.
Arabic breakfast is different in many ways from the European or continental cuisines as it includes a number of healthy dishes such as plain bread with labneh and Zater, foul mudumas, homemade jams, Hummus, dahl, halawa (traditional soft Saudi sweet), falafel, scrambled eggs or Shashukah – which is a Saudi variation of scrambled eggs with traditional yellow tea with mint or Turkish Coffee or Ahwe Sada or traditional Arabic coffee.
Hummus is equally popular for breakfast as it is an excellent appetizer and full of nutrition being made of olive oil and chopped chickpeas with salt, lemon and Tahini.
Foul is also a very popular breakfast food among both Arabs and expatriates who love to eat it with labneh, foul and bread with Zater. The unique combination of Arab and continental breakfast at Habsburg restaurant Rosewood Corniche made for a memorable morning by the sea.

I tasted the homemade date jam with bread and Chef Adel made fresh saj bread with a Zater topping. I also enjoyed scrambled eggs and fresh labneh with a glass of orange juice.
The chef told Arab News about the special Arabic long-leafed aromatic tea served in a special tea bag with the breakfast. The presentation of the food was of superior quality and the beautiful morning view of the sea from the restaurant’s window gave the appetite a sharp edge.
Sherif El Mansoury, director of sales and marketing of Rosewood Corniche told Arab news that they started the daily Arabic breakfast cuisine to give more variety to the customers and that it will be available all the year round.
He also explained that the Rosewood hotel is always trying to give something better to its clientele. Last year they introduced two different themes in sea food. “People love to come here on weekends and international customers who are staying in the hotel can also have a taste of Saudi Arabia,” he said.
In Jeddah it is the custom for people to queue up to buy breakfast at the several restaurants in the city so Rosewood also wants to give its customers the full experience of the Arabic breakfast on their premises.
Saud Iqbal, assistant marketing manager told Arab News that Rosewood Corniche had two more restaurants dealing in Chinese and Japanese cuisine. The Chinese restaurant named Noodles and Ginza, the Japanese restaurant is open for business everyday. “We are trying to bring more variety to our customers and guests by providing them with a taste of different countries,” he said.
Rosewood is open for breakfast from 6-9:30 a.m. every morning on all days of the week.

Maurizio, the executive Chef at Rosewood explained that they are inviting guests to have breakfast with a touch of Arabia; to start with very simple but important dishes of breakfast including foul, balila, flatbreads prepared in a saj oven and served with Zater, white goat cheese and labneh, grape leaves, falafel, fresh honeycomb, homemade dates jam, eggs (boiled, fried, poached, etc.), pancakes, waffles, pastries and fresh fruits, green and black olives, a thick cream cheese made by draining yoghurt through cheese cloth and then drizzled with olive oil, to eat with pieces of bread from hot loaves between sips of Turkish coffee or sweet tea in an Arabic atmosphere with music in the background.

http://www.arabnews.com/news/524471

Some Saudi Arabian breakfast dishes live from Riyadh:

@Khafee , are you able to take back your positive ratings as far as I remember two of them comes from you. I am sure you do not represent your government or do they represent you but still, I wouldn't like you to feel bad about it as I am truly against UAE government in case that you did not know when giving those.

@Khafee , are you able to take back your positive ratings as far as I remember two of them comes from you. I am sure you do not represent your government or do they represent you but still, I wouldn't like you to feel bad about it as I am truly against UAE government in case that you did not know when giving those.
I have even given +ve rating to Iranians, who contributed positively to the forum. You still are my brother.

Are sweet potatoes cultivated in the Arab world? I am yet to see any in person but they could easily be cultivated due to the climate and land available. I am asking because I have just discovered them recently and they are very tasty and one of the most healthy vegetables out there. Great as a source for protein. They are also anti-inflammatory and contain important antioxidant properties.

Of course I could do my own research and I did that but I could not find much other than individual persons growing them in their gardens or in their farms in KSA and other Arab countries.

I was more thinking about large scale production? They are quite expensive in the West for a potato, much more expensive than ordinary potatoes for example. In Spain they are grown locally.

When I made them by myself in the oven I used the recipe in the first video but also improvised a bit myself.

This recipe by Jamie Oliver is also good. Remember the sweet paprika.

I can highly recommend trying those sweet potatoes. I did not know about them until very recently.

@Saif al-Arab

I love them baked, can't do the fries though. :lol:

The ones that I bought in the store were huge for a potato. As in almost a small watermelon size, made in Buraydah.:lol: I have never seen something like that before. I used my most sharp knife to cut them, lol.

I just chopped them like Jamie Oliver did it in that video I linked to. I do not think that I would be able to make those fries. Wait, I probably could but it would take an eternity to chop them that precisely. The most important thing is a good quality oven and a few spices that you can add and of course some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. For instance one from Palestine or Northern KSA.:D

I know that they are hugely popular in the US (I think that it is an American "invention") but I have never seen them in the Arab world anywhere. I am curious if some Arab countries produce them in large numbers. If they can grow in Spain, they can also grow in the Arab world.

Anyway I think that I am in love. Now I won't eat rice, bulgur etc. all the time but sweet potatoes at least 1-2 times each weak.:lol:

BTW how are you doing bro? Is everything well with your studies? Don't focus too much on the situation of the region and politics as a whole (I need to stop doing it as well to this degree) as it is useless and a cause of distraction and even sometimes stress. We should however try to influence the decision makers and do our outmost as a people to try to change the ills and retain the good qualities in the societies but we should rather do that in person than online.

@TheCamelGuy have you tried sweet potatoes and are they also sold in the Netherlands? Do you know if they are produced in Iraq on a large scale? I have never heard about that in any Arab country. I think that we should use them instead of ordinary potatoes. Much tastier and most importantly healthier too. They are a great source for protein for those of us who train a bit and try to keep in form.

Last edited:
The ones that I bought in the store were huge for a potato. As in almost a small watermelon size, made in Buraydah.:lol: I have never seen something like that before. I used my most sharp knife to cut them, lol.

I just chopped them like Jamie Oliver did it in that video I linked to. I do not think that I would be able to make those fries. Wait, I probably could but it would take an eternity to chop them that precisely. The most important thing is a good quality oven and a few spices that you can add and of course some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. For instance one from Palestine or Northern KSA.:D

I know that they are hugely popular in the US (I think that it is an American "invention") but I have never seen them in the Arab world anywhere. I am curious if some Arab countries produce them in large numbers. If they can grow in Spain, they can also grow in the Arab world.

Anyway I think that I am in love. Now I won't eat rice, bulgur etc. all the time but sweet potatoes at least 1-2 times each weak.:lol:

BTW how are you doing bro? Is everything well with your studies? Don't focus too much on the situation of the region and politics as a whole (I need to stop doing it as well to this degree) as it is useless and a cause of distraction and even sometimes stress. We should however try to influence the decision makers and do our outmost as a people to try to change the ills and retain the good qualities in the societies but we should rather do that in person than online.

@TheCamelGuy have you tried sweet potatoes and are they also sold in the Netherlands? Do you know if they are produced in Iraq on a large scale? I have never heard about that in any Arab country. I think that we should use them instead of ordinary potatoes. Much tastier and most importantly healthier too. They are a great source for protein for those of us who train a bit and try to keep in form.

You know I don't remember seeing them in Palestine but my family used to always make it growing up, I thought it was some Arab thing, lol.

In the US there is no middle ground btw, we have small ones or enormous sized ones. I rarely eat sweet potatoes, but when I do I end feasting on them the whole day and eating way too much.

I am good, been studying really hard and yeah don't like debating much on politics anymore. I follow up still but make specific times for it during the week. Took my first exam which I'm positive I four-o-ed. Studying for the remaining ones. I don't talk much about that just to remain anonymous, but I'm close to finishing undergrad. How is it going with you? You finished correct? :)

Back
Top Bottom