What's new

Apple's ranking in China smartphone market falls to No.6: IDC

Apple makes beautiful groundbreaking products.
Most haters simply can't afford their stuff.

name 1 thing apple invented in the last 20 years

here is a hint

and yeah, I hate everything I can't afford, that is why I hate Ferrari or first class seats in airplanes so much
apple fanboi logic :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

the so called 'grandbreakings' are all coming down to their innovative marketing strategies when steve was alive, and simple user interferences```Apple did not actually 'invent' much technologically, but more like innovative about how they do things

people who buy their stuff know nothing about computers.

Most of them don't but some do. Those who can afford usually belong to the group of intellectuals or has enough cash or it's required for their major such as graphic designers. I don't have a thing against Apple, it gives people other choices besides PC or OS wise. I'm not an Apple fanboy and shall never buy any of their products but if others like it i don't have any problem at all neither should you ;)

I wouldn't call OSX a just skin of Unix because Unix is much more than that. It is based on parts of Unix and Apple made sure even a noob can use the OS thanks to the simplistic graphical interface.

Most of them don't but some do. Those who can afford usually belong to the group of intellectuals or has enough cash or it's required for their major such as graphic designers. I don't have a thing against Apple, it gives people other choices besides PC or OS wise. I'm not an Apple fanboy and shall never buy any of their products but if others like it i don't have any problem at all neither should you ;)

I wouldn't call OSX a just skin of Unix because Unix is much more than that. It is based on parts of Unix and Apple made sure even a noob can use the OS thanks to the simplistic graphical interface.

I don't have a problem with people who buy their stuff, I have a problem with the attitude.
The holier than thou attitude needs to go.

Also even people on minimum wage can afford their computers, there is a difference between "premium" and stupid expensive.
Not everyone can afford a new Lexus or a BMW that is a premium brand, if you can afford a $1000 computer, you can afford to save some extra pennies and pay 1500 or 2000

Apple Inc。is a pillar of US technological might。

Lowring Apple share prices from the current level to,say,200 dollars a share,will make a serious dent in the perceived power and wealth of the US。

Apple‘s Chinese and South Korean competitors should do everything in their power to make that happen,and as soon as possible。

Today's Nokia is a template for tomorrow's Apple。

Apple's 'Jobs patent' ruled invalid

121209_p01_jobs.jpg

The United States patent office has issued a tentative ruling invalidating Apple’s multi-touch patent, known as the “Steve Jobs patent.”

The ruling came two days after U.S. Federal Judge Lucy Koh hinted that she would reduce the $1.05 billion in damages a jury awarded to the American company in its battle against Samsung Electronics in August.

According to German blog Foss Patents, Saturday, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office took the first tentative action on Dec. 3 rejecting 20 claims of U.S Patent No. 7,479,949, the so-called “Steve Jobs patent.”

It was among over 300 filed by Jobs for a “touch screen device, method, and graphical user interface for determining commands by applying heuristics.” It covers several key multi-touch features at the heart of Apple’s iOS.

The rejection is not final as the iPhone maker can appeal within two months.

The United States International Trade Commission, a separate agency that can impose import bans on infringing products, in October issued a preliminary ruling in favor of Apple against Samsung over the aforementioned software patent and three others. In November, it said it supported the judge that made the initial decision.

The patent office’s actions came less than two month after it tentatively invalidated Apple’s claims of U.S. patent No 7,469,381 for scrolling on a touch-screen.

Both patents were found valid by the jury in the patent infringement case between Samsung Electronics and its American counterpart in August.

The Korean technology giant immediately informed Koh, who is overseeing the landmark case in San Jose, Calif., of the patent office’s decision in October. The most recent invalidation could help Samsung in the California case.

Though both steps are just preliminary and non-final, blog overseer Florian Mueller wrote, “It would be a mistake to underestimate the significance of a first office action. Also, a complete rejections of all claims of a given patent is potentially more devastating than one affecting only some claims.”

In the Dec. 6 hearing on the August verdict, Koh hinted at a possible adjustment of the high damages saying “If there is a basis to uphold the damages award, by the record, then I am going to uphold it. But I think it is appropriate to do analysis by product.” She denied Apple’s request not to conduct a device-by-device analysis.

Samsung also questioned the jury’s soundness in calculating the damages.

Koh said she would review the damages and issue a series of rulings over the next several weeks. The judge urged “global peace” adding that it would be good for both consumers and the industry.

The world’s two biggest smartphone makers by both revenue and market share are embroiled in court battles in over 10 countries across worldwide.

The iPhone maker is seeking up to $500 million more from Samsung and a permanent ban on its rival’s products in the United States. The Korean firm is demanding the verdict be thrown out and a retrial.

The Suwon-based company’s main argument centers on jury foreman Velvin Hogan, who was sued by Seagate Technology in 1993, a firm which Samsung invested in heavily.

Hogan conducted interviews following the August verdict that showed his lack of understanding of patents as well as a bias for Apple, according to Samsung.

The Galaxy maker has also rejected it “willfully” infringed on Apple patents.

'Jobs patent' ruled invalid

If there's one thing i hate about Apple it's their patent wars against Samsung or other brands.

what can we buy with $160 or ¥1000?
ZTE U950 ¥999
1.3 Ghz Quad-Core 4.3-inch screen 800x480 Android OS 4.0 5 million pixel camera
Img360312181.jpg

Img360312180.jpg

The cost of one 16G Iphone 5 is only 167.5 $, you know,
1347613220238.jpg

cost of Ipad
001d601c8e300edad4c74d.jpg

Yeah that's how much it should cost, but meanwhile, you're paying 400 dollars extra for the brand name :P

As much as I hate it, Apple did change phone/computer industry, much like the now dead Blakberry.

Back
Top Bottom