What's new

Chinese cell phone brands may dominate Vietnam market

as long as their business is legal is fine for all

Sony Xperia i don't like their model, usually i am using my old 6600 Nokia for every day life because i am using that phones since high school era (2006 hehe). That's not because i don't have money to buy a new ones but is kinda tiring work to copy all of my relatives and business partner contact number into new phones.

Right ...
It just look funny to see some Chinese members say that Chinese poor quality phones dominate Vietnam market ...
The old day Chinese phones cannot last for so long as your 6600 Nokia ... indeed

Right ...
It just look funny to see some Chinese members say that Chinese poor quality phones dominate Vietnam market ...
The old day Chinese phones cannot last for so long as your 6600 Nokia ... indeed
If you drop an iphone on the floor, the iphone will be broken on the screen, if you drop a Nokia on the floor, the floor will be broken.

These Vietcongs can barely afford Chinese phones by dumping their cheap and strange-looking watermelons on the Chinese market。:enjoy:

These Vietcongs can barely afford Chinese phones by dumping their cheap and strange-looking watermelons on the Chinese market。:enjoy:
Do Snapdragon S4 chips , Android operating system , and the phone's camera from Xiaomi, Lenovo or Oppo phones made by Chinese or other countries ??

Yeah, I used to use the "Walkman" series when the traditional age, and now I use a Xperia Z(First Xperia is Xperia V). It's ok that Xperia uses Android since their hardware perfoms perfect, but I really dont know why the Samsung is so popular. Quality? No, Style? No. hehe, maybe Korean are good at propaganda.
What the hell ?? what happen with ur old nick, Mr. Sencond ?? did ur wife locked ur old nick ??:D

I'm using old model of Nokia phone too, while buying my wife a Sony Xperia ...
Actually, Chinese brand phones have a little share in our market ...aa
Only small shops or mobile traders sell Cagfffffffffgfhinese brand

SAMSUNG GALAXY TREND LITE S7392 -
Price: $100.00
Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus - S7580
Price : $140
I'm using old model of Nokia phone too, while buying my wife a Sony Xperia ...
Actually, Chinese brand phones have a little share in our market ...
Only small shops or mobile traders sell Chinese brand

SAMSUNG GALAXY TREND LITE S7392 -
Price: $100.00
Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus - S7580
Price : $140

Are you telling the truth?

Updated
October, 26 2013 10:00:00

Chinese smartphone makers flock to VN

tr15a_1.jpg

A consumer examines smartphones made by Chinese manufacturer Q-mobile in Ha Noi. — VNS Photo Truong Vi
HA NOI (VNS) —

Chinese mobile device makers are strengthening their presence in Viet Nam, one of the region's emerging mobile markets.

OPPO and Haier, two leading smartphone manufacturers in China, teamed up with Viettel early this month to expand their distribution networks in the country.

The Vietnamese telecom giant agreed to sell OPPO smartphones nationwide for US$166-$476. :laugh: OPPO's latest N1 smartphones, equipped with a rotating camera, are already on sale.

In joining with Viettel, the Chinese group aims to tap into its partner's expansive network of more than 1,000 outlets throughout the country.

Like OPPO, home appliance giant Haier Group debuted in Viet Nam this month by partnering with Viettel. Haier plans to sell medium-range smartphones at prices suitable for local consumers.

Lenovo, which has the second-highest market share in China, behind only Korea's Samsung, :laugh: launched six new smartphone models earlier this year.

In April, Huawei Group announced plans to enter the market and sell 400,000 units this year.

Viet Nam's appetite for the mobile lifestyle shows no sign of abating, despite soaring inflation rates and increased costs dampening consumer spending across the country.

Consumers bought 5.8 million cell phones in the second quarter, most of them smartphones, according to market research firm IDC.

Smartphones accounted for 32.7 per cent of cell phone sales in the past quarter, up from the 14.7 per cent recorded in the same quarter last year.

Although the introduction of high-end smartphones caused media sensation, it was budget smartphones that attracted buyers and made the market active.

Smartphones still represent a niche market in many Asian countries like Viet Nam, where such devices are financially out of the reach of many. :D

Yet, in spite of increased living costs, Vietnamese consumers remain dedicated to buying the latest in mobile gadgetry. — VNS

Chinese smartphone makers flock to VN - Economy - VietNam News

I have told you that you were using old (year 2012) data idiot!

This from year 2013 article:

Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components
Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components - FT.com

Read the article careful, educate yourself from that!

And now 2014, Chinese indigenous Smartphones have started to challenge market leader! dont u get it moron?

Why can you only be jealous without able to think smarter? If you cannot defend your own claim, and response to other people challenge properly, then what can be expected from you .. ??

:lol: :lol:

Which media you are talking about? chinese or indonesian?

What ever the media, still much credible than jealous and baseless claim that you like to brag here. You are talking without evidence .. only expression of your own jealousy :laugh:
Claim? I gave u chinaclowns a Viet media link in the prior page to show you Samsung and Nokia are the two players in the Viet mobile phone market and u guys are still masturbating about your phone dominating our market? And when I debunk your bullshit claim u call me as "jealous" LOL. Jealous of what? Chinese crappy phone brands? So when we Viet don't buy your crappy phone brands then we are jealous? WOW, chinese logics

Are you telling the truth?

Updated
October, 26 2013 10:00:00

Chinese smartphone makers flock to VN

tr15a_1.jpg

A consumer examines smartphones made by Chinese manufacturer Q-mobile in Ha Noi. — VNS Photo Truong Vi
HA NOI (VNS) —

Chinese mobile device makers are strengthening their presence in Viet Nam, one of the region's emerging mobile markets.

OPPO and Haier, two leading smartphone manufacturers in China, teamed up with Viettel early this month to expand their distribution networks in the country.

The Vietnamese telecom giant agreed to sell OPPO smartphones nationwide for US$166-$476. :laugh: OPPO's latest N1 smartphones, equipped with a rotating camera, are already on sale.

In joining with Viettel, the Chinese group aims to tap into its partner's expansive network of more than 1,000 outlets throughout the country.

Like OPPO, home appliance giant Haier Group debuted in Viet Nam this month by partnering with Viettel. Haier plans to sell medium-range smartphones at prices suitable for local consumers.

Lenovo, which has the second-highest market share in China, behind only Korea's Samsung, :laugh: launched six new smartphone models earlier this year.

In April, Huawei Group announced plans to enter the market and sell 400,000 units this year.

Viet Nam's appetite for the mobile lifestyle shows no sign of abating, despite soaring inflation rates and increased costs dampening consumer spending across the country.

Consumers bought 5.8 million cell phones in the second quarter, most of them smartphones, according to market research firm IDC.

Smartphones accounted for 32.7 per cent of cell phone sales in the past quarter, up from the 14.7 per cent recorded in the same quarter last year.

Although the introduction of high-end smartphones caused media sensation, it was budget smartphones that attracted buyers and made the market active.

Smartphones still represent a niche market in many Asian countries like Viet Nam, where such devices are financially out of the reach of many. :D

Yet, in spite of increased living costs, Vietnamese consumers remain dedicated to buying the latest in mobile gadgetry. — VNS

Chinese smartphone makers flock to VN - Economy - VietNam News
What an idiot, quoting an article that works against u LOL. So how many china phones will chinasty plan to sell in Vietnam this year out of our market of 24 million units? LOL

This why u chinaclowns are really clueless what you try to do. For all of these year even though our GDP per capita is below $2k usd, we never bother using china whatever shit phones. We have always used Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony, Sharp. Now, as we move up our economic status, we're beginning to shift to using Apple. Yet, u chinaclowns are masturbating that you will dominate our phone market by selling shit phones that we do not ever buy in the past and present? chinaclowns really have incredible logic:crazy:

I have told you that you were using old (year 2012) data idiot!

This from year 2013 article:

Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components - FT.com

Read the article careful, educate yourself from that!

And now 2014, Chinese indigenous Smartphones have started to challenge market leader! dont u get it moron?

Why can you only be jealous without able to think smarter? If you cannot defend your own claim, and response to other people challenge properly, then what can be expected from you .. ??

:lol: :lol:

:laugh:
Then show me the latest breakdown of the components in the latest Iphone that are made by chinaclowns? Can u do that? No, you can't

You made ZERO components for Apple Iphones and I gave u the latest breakdown of part contributors to an Iphone5 while u gave me a link that does not work LOL.

Last edited:
Claim? I gave u chinaclowns a Viet media link in the prior page to show you Samsung and Nokia are the two players in the Viet mobile phone market and u guys are still masturbating about your phone dominating our market? And when I debunk your bullshit claim u call me as "jealous" LOL. Jealous of what? Chinese crappy phone brands? So when we Viet don't buy your crappy phone brands then we are jealous? WOW, chinese logics

LOL. I never claim that China has dominated Viet market. Again you are demonstrating incapability in responding other ppl argument.

You claim that none of chinese components in Iphone by dragging 2012 year data, and I have bust your empty claim by bringing evidence (article 2013) that Iphone start to use chinese component, cant you defend your empty claim?

Such an idiotic viet :lol:

What an idiot, quoting an article that works against u LOL. So how many china phones will chinasty plan to sell in Vietnam this year out of our market of 24 million units? LOL

You are idiot, I bring that article to question your friend's claim that Chinese smartphone is rare and only sold in small shop.

You are such an idiot with reading comprehension problem, only big on jealousy :laugh:

Then show me the latest breakdown of the components in the latest Iphone that are made by chinaclowns? Can u do that? No, you can't

You made ZERO components for Apple Iphones and I gave u the latest breakdown of part contributors to an Iphone5 while u gave me a link that does not work LOL.

Cant u read the article, moron?

Why stay in delusional? You still claim china made ZERO components and say me cant prove etc........... Even the title has blatantly say Iphone now has chinese components, and u can use google if u have trouble to open the link. You always brag claims, express jealousy, and now play denial?

Read the article bellow carefully and educate yourself!

By Sarah Mishkin in Hong Kong

Chinese companies are increasingly designing sophisticated components for Apple’s iPhones and iPads instead of just supplying low-cost labour for assembling the high-tech devices.

The shift is an indication of how Chinese companies’ rising technological capabilities are threatening the Taiwanese, Japanese and South Korean companies that now dominate the global electronics supply chain.

The number of Chinese companies supplying Apple with components such as batteries has more than doubled from eight in 2011 to 16 this year, according to Apple’s published lists of suppliers and research from the brokerage CLSA.

“There are very, very serious companies emerging in China” that are beginning to see the pay-off of many years of rapid growth in their spending on research, said Nicolas Baratte, regional head of technology research for CLSA.

The addition of more Chinese groups to its supply chain also comes as Apple has been trying to diversify the suppliers it works with, in order to lower costs and prevent over-dependency on any one company, according to analysts. Most notably, rather than turning just to Taiwan’s Foxconn – its largest manufacturing partner – to assemble the new iPhone 5c, it gave a large portion of the order to rival Taiwanese assembler Pegatron. While many technology suppliers have always had factories in mainland China, the companies themselves that developed the technology were often from overseas. The work they did in China was largely labour-intensive manufacturing.

One Chinese company moving up the value chain is GoerTek, an acoustic component company based in the eastern Shandong province.

The group, which is listed on Apple’s suppliers list for 2013 but not 2011, had already been supplying to Samsung when it was tapped to make speakers for the iPad and new iPhone, as well as the new iPhone’s earphones.

GoerTek’s manufacturing capabilities – including designing its own machines for automating its assembly line – gives it faster turnround time on production than competitors such as Knowles, a US group, according to Morgan Stanley analyst Jasmine Lu.

Other such companies believed to have joined Apple’s supply chain are Desay Battery and Sunwoda Electronics, both battery companies based in Shenzhen.

Apple does not name either group on its list of suppliers published this year, but market watchers say they are supplying battery systems to the iPhone 5.

That addition is cutting into the market share and pricing power of Taiwanese groups Simplo and Dynapack, said Dennis Chan, an analyst with Yuanta Securities in Taipei. In part, he said, that new competition is because some once cutting-edge electronic components are now becoming less technically challenging to make.

In particular, the move from laptops to smartphones means “battery structures are simplified, so that lowers the entry barriers drastically, allowing the Chinese players to get in”, said Mr Chan.

Cant u read the article, moron?

Why stay in delusional? You still claim china made ZERO components and say me cant prove etc........... Even the title has blatantly say Iphone now has chinese components, and u can use google if u have trouble to open the link. You always brag claims, express jealousy, and now play denial?

Read the article bellow carefully and educate yourself!

By Sarah Mishkin in Hong Kong

Chinese companies are increasingly designing sophisticated components for Apple’s iPhones and iPads instead of just supplying low-cost labour for assembling the high-tech devices.

The shift is an indication of how Chinese companies’ rising technological capabilities are threatening the Taiwanese, Japanese and South Korean companies that now dominate the global electronics supply chain.

The number of Chinese companies supplying Apple with components such as batteries has more than doubled from eight in 2011 to 16 this year, according to Apple’s published lists of suppliers and research from the brokerage CLSA.

“There are very, very serious companies emerging in China” that are beginning to see the pay-off of many years of rapid growth in their spending on research, said Nicolas Baratte, regional head of technology research for CLSA.

The addition of more Chinese groups to its supply chain also comes as Apple has been trying to diversify the suppliers it works with, in order to lower costs and prevent over-dependency on any one company, according to analysts. Most notably, rather than turning just to Taiwan’s Foxconn – its largest manufacturing partner – to assemble the new iPhone 5c, it gave a large portion of the order to rival Taiwanese assembler Pegatron. While many technology suppliers have always had factories in mainland China, the companies themselves that developed the technology were often from overseas. The work they did in China was largely labour-intensive manufacturing.

One Chinese company moving up the value chain is GoerTek, an acoustic component company based in the eastern Shandong province.

The group, which is listed on Apple’s suppliers list for 2013 but not 2011, had already been supplying to Samsung when it was tapped to make speakers for the iPad and new iPhone, as well as the new iPhone’s earphones.

GoerTek’s manufacturing capabilities – including designing its own machines for automating its assembly line – gives it faster turnround time on production than competitors such as Knowles, a US group, according to Morgan Stanley analyst Jasmine Lu.

Other such companies believed to have joined Apple’s supply chain are Desay Battery and Sunwoda Electronics, both battery companies based in Shenzhen.

Apple does not name either group on its list of suppliers published this year, but market watchers say they are supplying battery systems to the iPhone 5.

That addition is cutting into the market share and pricing power of Taiwanese groups Simplo and Dynapack, said Dennis Chan, an analyst with Yuanta Securities in Taipei. In part, he said, that new competition is because some once cutting-edge electronic components are now becoming less technically challenging to make.

In particular, the move from laptops to smartphones means “battery structures are simplified, so that lowers the entry barriers drastically, allowing the Chinese players to get in”, said Mr Chan.
WOW, chinese firms supply "batteries" for Apple Iphone, I mean WOW, a battery costs like what? $4.50 usd out of the total component costs of $300.00. :omghaha: WOW, I mean WOW. Please, read my prior post for your education of the detail breakdown of Apple's Iphone components instead of pulling an article writing a general statement/theme like "china supplies Iphone components". WOW, you prove me "wrong" because china supplies $4.50 usd out of the entire $300 usd of Apple's Iphone component costs. I'm very "jealous" now, supa bowa:dance3:

Do Snapdragon S4 chips , Android operating system , and the phone's camera from Xiaomi, Lenovo or Oppo phones made by Chinese or other countries ??

What the hell ?? what happen with ur old nick, Mr. Sencond ?? did ur wife locked ur old nick ??:D
No, actrally I have a long time not using my account, so I didnt remember my password.................:(

yes, mostly by teenage, young people and office personastaff.

Somewhat similar to here in America. I like the iPhone, but I like Samsungs Galaxy Products better. Also much more of an Android fan then an iOS fan. Currently still stuck with a Galaxy S3 and really wanting a Galaxy Note 3. I have also been reading nice things about the LG PRO 2, but I believe it's still only released in Korea.

Last edited:
I'm not always checking about Battery technology ..
but before, good battery would be assembled in China but with Japan cells ... LOL
Actually, I love rechargeable Eneloop Sanyo / Panasonic battery and copper top Duracell
Improper, fake battery cause explosion
I bought a 1600mAh replacement battery for my iPhone 3G off Ebay about a year and a half ago. No brand or anything, just "Made in China". (The official Apple 3G battery is 1150mAh.)

The battery worked great for about a year, and it did last longer than the Apple battery it had replaced. I don't think 40% longer, but it was a little longer, say 15%-20%. Then after about a year, I noticed it started swelling pushing my phone apart a bit at the seams. Over time it had also popped out most all the screws holding the motherboard in place.

Then a few months after it started swelling, my phone went from working fine one day to d-e-a-d the next. It wouldn't even power on when on a charger. When I took it apart I found that the replacement battery had turned into something very soft, about as flexible as modeling clay. I put the Apple one back and just live with its shorter life span for now.

--------------
July 6 (Bloomberg) -- Nokia Oyj and Motorola Inc., the world's biggest mobile-phone makers, said Chinese authorities in the southern province of Guangdong found four counterfeit battery models that may explode in their handsets.

``We are cooperating with the Guangdong government on further investigations,'' said Yang Boning, a Beijing-based spokesman for Motorola. Cai Yun, a Beijing-based spokeswoman for Nokia, said the Finnish company is willing to provide original batteries to authorities for testing.

A Chinese man was killed in western Gansu province when the battery in his Motorola handset exploded, the Lanzhou Morning Post reported this week. More than 10 million fake handset batteries may be produced each year in China, the world's biggest mobile market by users, with about 15 percent exported, mostly to developing nations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, said Yang Yuxing, an analyst at researcher BDA China Ltd.

``Fake batteries are very widespread in poorer areas, where people use their handsets longer and have to replace their batteries more often,'' Yang said. An authentic Nokia or Motorola battery may be seven times more expensive than a fake one, he said.

Foshan Weierrui Telecommunications Equipment Ltd. sold two batteries for use in Motorola phones that could explode, according to a statement by the Guangdong Industry and Commerce Administration Office yesterday. The batteries were labeled as being made by Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola, the agency said.

Nokia, Sanyo

Guangzhou Jietong Telecommunications Equipment Ltd. also was named for selling a battery used in Motorola handsets that could explode. The power packs list Motorola as the maker, the agency said. Sales of the fake batteries have stopped, the agency said.

Foshan Weierrui also sold a battery model for use in Nokia handsets that could explode, according to the statement. The battery listed Japan's Sanyo Electric Co. as the manufacturer.

Nokia has never authorized a third party to make such a battery, Cai said. ``It is a fake battery for sure,'' she said.

Motorola's Yang said the company has no relationship with either of the Chinese companies.

Sanyo spokesman Akihiko Oiwa said the Osaka-based company is conducting its own investigation. ``We will announce the results as soon as it's completed,'' he said by telephone.

Safety Concerns

The statement from the regulator didn't mention any penalties against the Chinese companies. Calls to the government agency's office seeking comment weren't answered. Calls to Zhong Ming, marketing head at Guangzhou Jietong, seeking comment went unanswered. A number for Foshan Weierrui couldn't be located.

Recent scandals involving Chinese exports of poisonous products ranging from pet food to toothpaste have led the government to increase scrutiny of consumer goods. A survey found 19 percent of food, farm products and consumer goods sold domestically didn't meet safety and quality standards, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said this week.

``We have always been very serious about counterfeit products and will continue to crack down,'' said Wang Lijian, Beijing-based spokesman for the Ministry of Information Industry, which regulates China's telephone market. Wang said he couldn't estimate how many fake batteries are made in China each year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom