What's new

Chinese cell phone brands may dominate Vietnam market

Yes, I am low IQ, I don't even go to college, after my high school, I went to drive the excavator on construction sites.

If Americans get $100 per phone, you get $1, and wait a minute, it's EBIT, actually, you just get less than a quarter.

are you mashine driver on project site, really ? In culture Revolution you could been promoted to Hight ranking officer of CPC bcz you come from working Class.

1% of big cake is no bad, bro.

Btw, you confused us by assigning Chinese brand phones a high rank and blame us to downgrade Chinese brand phones ... while the real fact is reversed, "The Chinese brand phones in low grade and we cannot give them the high rank ..."

For example : No one in Vietnam is ready to pay $300-400 for any Chinese brand phones ... with those amount, they have many other choices by themselves ... Likely, Chinese brand phones are at the lowest price level while offer the highest specification ( to lure buyers with Mediatek chips, high pixel camera, instead of Snapdragon chips )

You cannot give them the high rank is simply because of your JEALOUSY..

almost Made in Vietnam .. and Made in Vietnam exported to global too ..

Samsung moves factories from China to Vietnam
BOTTOM LINE:To protect profits as labor costs rise in China, the firm is looking to Vietnam, with one analyst saying it may make 80% of its phones there some day
Bloomberg
Samsung Electronics Co built the world’s largest smartphone business by tapping China’s cheap and abundant workforce, but is now shifting output to Vietnam to secure even lower wages and defend profit margins as growth in sales of high-end handsets slows.

By the time a new US$2 billion plant reaches full production in 2015, China’s communist neighbor will be making more than 40 percent of the phones that generate the majority of Samsung’s operating profit.

The Suwon, South Korea-based company’s second handset factory in Vietnam is due to begin operations in February, according to a Nov. 22 statement posted on the Web site of the local government where the plant is located.

“The trend of companies shifting to Vietnam from China will likely accelerate for at least two to three years, largely because of China’s higher labor costs,” said Lee Jung-soon, who leads a business incubation team of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency in Ho Chi Minh City. “Vietnam is really aggressive in fostering industries now.”

Hanoi has approved US$13.8 billion of new foreign projects this year through Nov. 20, a 73 percent increase on a year earlier, according to the General Statistics Office in Hanoi. Of this, South Korea led with US$3.66 billion.

Intel Corp, the world’s largest chipmaker, opened a US$1 billion assembly and testing plant in Ho Chi Minh City in 2010. Nokia Oyj said its facility near Hanoi producing Asha smartphones and feature handsets became fully operational in the third quarter.

LG Electronics Inc is building a new 400,000m2 complex to make televisions and appliances as part of a US$1.5 billion investment plan.

“The country is politically stable and has a young, increasingly well-educated workforce,” LG said in an e-mailed statement. “Like [South] Korea, Vietnam understands what it takes to rebuild an economy after a devastating war.”

Samsung’s new plant is expected to make 120 million handsets a year by 2015, said two people familiar with the company’s plans, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. That would double the current output from the country and compares with the 400 million global total Samsung shipped last year.

With about one-third of the global smartphone market, Samsung may eventually produce as many as 80 percent of its handsets in Vietnam, said Lee Seung-woo, an analyst at IBK Securities Co in Seoul who has been tracking the company for more than a decade.

So what, can Vietnam build smartphone on their own?
You are belittling china but unaware you are still far behind China. :lol:

What the F**k is Indian Smartphones brands like Micromax, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn, Spice, Intex are doing. I mean this are the only brands which can give direct competition to Chinese brands in Design, Price and Features. But the brands are not going globally i don't know why :(

Probably they become big in India because they understand indian culture, can establish strong distribution and aftersales there. But when going outside their have no strength especially when competing with so many stronger player.

Last edited:
You cannot give them the high rank is simply because of your JEALOUSY..
What an idiot, then I guess you have problem with more than a billion potential customers out there who think chinese phones are shit and go for Nokia, Samsung, Sony, LG, Apple.

Stop bullshiting about Chinese producing components for smartphones

2012-09-25_iPhone5.jpg
2012-09-25_iPhone5_parts.jpg

In Vietnam, go for Chinese brand phones means you have low salary ... and still want to have a look-a-like-good phone.
That's truth !!!

For the one need good phone, they would go for low end or high end of well-known brands

In Vietnam, go for Chinese brand phones means you have low salary ... and still want to have a look-a-like-good phone.
That's truth !!!

For the one need good phone, they would go for low end or high end of well-known brands
Don't say that because if you buy an Apple instead of a whatever china phone these chinaclowns are going to say that u are "jealous" of them LOL

This thread is like seeing a midget make fun of a tall guy.

What an idiot, then I guess you have problem with more than a billion potential customers out there who think chinese phones are shit and go for Nokia, Samsung, Sony, LG, Apple.

Stop bullshiting about Chinese producing components for smartphones

2012-09-25_iPhone5.jpg
2012-09-25_iPhone5_parts.jpg

LOL.

What's data that u use? it is now year 2014.
The article saying China smartphone dominate Vietnam because of Quality is April 2014.

Do u think Sony / Nokia use Japanese / European processor inside?

Why always joking with stupidity :lol:

That's truth !!!

So again its about "brand image" not Quality.

Chinese smartphone quality nowadays competing (if not beat) those like Samsung, Iphone, Sony, Nokia.

LOL.

What's data that u use? it is now year 2014.
The article saying China smartphone dominate Vietnam because of Quality is April 2014.

Do u think Sony / Nokia use Japanese / European processor inside?

Why always joking with stupidity :lol:

So again its about "brand image" not Quality.

Chinese smartphone quality nowadays competing (if not beat) those like Samsung, Iphone, Sony, Nokia.
That's Iphone5 data, moron LOL Now, tell me which Apple phones that use Chinese components?LOL

Your media is a joke for even attempting to make up a news about China smartphone dominate Vietnam market. Gullible folks like u quickly believe it right away LOL. Heck, I don't even know of any Chinese brand phone until I come to this thread. Do u even know that Samsung and Nokia accounts for almost 70% of Vietnam's mobile phone market? I bet u know now.

It is not the possibility that Chinese brand smartphones may dominate the Vietnamese market that strikes fear into the Vietcongs.

It is the probability that China may dominate Vietnam that keep these monkeys awake all night。

That's Iphone5 data, moron LOL Now, tell me which Apple phones that use Chinese components?LOL

I have told you that you were using old (year 2012) data idiot!

This from year 2013 article:

Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components
Chinese companies move into supply chain for Apple components - FT.com

Read the article careful, educate yourself from that!

And now 2014, Chinese indigenous Smartphones have started to challenge market leader! dont u get it moron?

Why can you only be jealous without able to think smarter? If you cannot defend your own claim, and response to other people challenge properly, then what can be expected from you .. ??

:lol: :lol:

Your media is a joke for even attempting to make up a news about China smartphone dominate Vietnam market. Gullible folks like u quickly believe it right away LOL. Heck, I don't even know of any Chinese brand phone until I come to this thread. Do u even know that Samsung and Nokia accounts for almost 70% of Vietnam's mobile phone market? I bet u know now.

Which media you are talking about? chinese or indonesian?

What ever the media, still much credible than jealous and baseless claim that you like to brag here. You are talking without evidence .. only expression of your own jealousy :laugh:

Last edited:
I remember you like Sony Xperia right ?
Agree ,, a good OS with much care of developers better
Yeah, I used to use the "Walkman" series when the traditional age, and now I use a Xperia Z(First Xperia is Xperia V). It's ok that Xperia uses Android since their hardware perfoms perfect, but I really dont know why the Samsung is so popular. Quality? No, Style? No. hehe, maybe Korean are good at propaganda.

I remember you like Sony Xperia right ?
Agree ,, a good OS with much care of developers better

As we know, Putin rarely use cellular phone for security... Everyone ever laught at him to use a ugly phone 1 time.

If you keep saying those silly words from this thread to that thread ... why must create many thread for argueing ????

Your argument could be understood as "Vietnamese is Chinese ... so what's "your women" ?... based on your logic then it would be "Chinese women marry Chinese men" ...

Btw, you confused us by assigning Chinese brand phones a high rank and blame us to downgrade Chinese brand phones ... while the real fact is reversed, "The Chinese brand phones in low grade and we cannot give them the high rank ..."

For example : No one in Vietnam is ready to pay $300-400 for any Chinese brand phones ... with those amount, they have many other choices by themselves ... Likely, Chinese brand phones are at the lowest price level while offer the highest specification ( to lure buyers with Mediatek chips, high pixel camera, instead of Snapdragon chips )
Yeah, I used to use the "Walkman" series when the traditional age, and now I use a Xperia Z(First Xperia is Xperia V). It's ok that Xperia uses Android since their hardware perfoms perfect, but I really dont know why the Samsung is so popular. Quality? No, Style? No. hehe, maybe Korean are good at propaganda.

a volume button show me Sony better than Samsung, LG ...
for a Bravia TV set or before, Trinitron, .. when you pressed Mute once, ... volume down means stay in Mute mode ...but a slightly press in volume up, then out of Mute mode...

But LG TV set, no ... no matter what volume up or down, immediately TV out of Mute mode ...

my self using an old model of Nokia phone

there is no wrong to accept the chinese made phone, they are cheap and right now has a good after sales services

What is wrong if they got to your country by smuggling and black market

my self using an old model of Nokia phone

there is no wrong to accept the chinese made phone, they are cheap and right now has a good after sales services

What is wrong if they got to your country by smuggling and black market

I'm using old model of Nokia phone too, while buying my wife a Sony Xperia ...
Actually, Chinese brand phones have a little share in our market ...
Only small shops or mobile traders sell Chinese brand

SAMSUNG GALAXY TREND LITE S7392 -
Price: $100.00
Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus - S7580
Price : $140

Last edited:
I'm using old model of Nokia phone too, while buying my wife a Sony Xperia ...
Actually, Chinese brand phones have a little share in our market ...
Only small shops or mobile traders sell Chinese brand

as long as their business is legal is fine for all

Sony Xperia i don't like their model, usually i am using my old 6600 Nokia for every day life because i am using that phones since high school era (2006 hehe). That's not because i don't have money to buy a new ones but is kinda tiring work to copy all of my relatives and business partner contact number into new phones.

Back
Top Bottom