What's new

Chinese cell phone brands may dominate Vietnam market

I think we will support the Chinese smartphone brands if they are better quality.
But first you the Chinese friends have to change the image of Chinese goods "low quality" in the mind of the Vietnamese.
Currently, the Chinese smartphone brands are just beginning on Vietnam market, it concentrates mainly in the low-price segment; seems it is too optimistic to say that they "dominate" Vietnam market today. It is very small compared with Apple, SS, HTC, Sony, Nokia, LG...
Also please note, in the article, "top official of a Chinese global mobile phone" above just said "MAY" and "WILL" and "near future"..., not rightnow.

Any more expensive and you people will have to sell your daughters to afford one. There is a reason why the lower end smart phones have a strong following in Vietnam. Your country is not US or Canada.

Samsung is trash, I used to have a S3, low quality, when you have it in your hand, you can feel it as trash. Its 8 Mpixel camera is worse than Nokia 3.2 M pixel camera, Samsung phone's assembled components come from all the world, there is no Samsung's core technology here. They just enter this industry early, nothing special.

All, Mpixel in cameras are overrated. If you're a photographer, it's no more than marketing mumble jumble. Look it up.

Last edited:
WOW, chinese firms supply "batteries" for Apple Iphone, I mean WOW, a battery costs like what? $4.50 usd out of the total component costs of $300.00. :omghaha: WOW, I mean WOW. Please, read my prior post for your education of the detail breakdown of Apple's Iphone components instead of pulling an article writing a general statement/theme like "china supplies Iphone components". WOW, you prove me "wrong" because china supplies $4.50 usd out of the entire $300 usd of Apple's Iphone component costs. I'm very "jealous" now, supa bowa:dance3:

You are dodging again, previously you said "NONE of Chinese Components in Iphone", after I prove you wrong now you dodge :laugh:

Read again the article, Iphone has started to use acoustic component from China as well. :lol:

In the future, the more chinese component will be used in Iphone.

For your information, China has produced LCD, Chip Processor also which start to compete with global players. Some global leader has started to use the chinese processor.

What has Vietnam achieve in this Smartphone technology? I bet "NONE", except being a market and cheap labour pool :lol:

You are dodging again, previously you said "NONE of Chinese Components in Iphone", after I prove you wrong now you dodge :laugh:

Read again the article, Iphone has started to use acoustic component from China as well. :lol:

In the future, the more chinese component will be used in Iphone.

For your information, China has produced LCD, Chip Processor also which start to compete with global players. Some global leader has started to use the chinese processor.

What has Vietnam achieve in this Smartphone technology? I bet "NONE", except being a market and cheap labour pool :lol:
Okay, China is making better components for smart phone now.....but China economy still going down with its export tumbling badly :lol:

Can the Vietnamese stop butthurting just for ONE DAY ONLY? LOL
Butthurting? LOL

You chinasty troll us by starting this thread and when we prove you wrong (Vietnam can't assemble smartphone, china dominate Vietnam's mobile phone market, china make components for Apple Iphone LOL), you scream about us being "jealous" of you guys. Please, we do not care about your kind; stop mentioning about us, stop getting butthurt

You want a different phone? Try Oppo Find 7 / 7a you won't be disappointed. Apple and Samsung can be compared to Huawei and lenovo in terms of built quality, but no where near an Oppo phone. Google is your new best friend. It's very much worth a try.
Or just Google any Oppo phone available in your country.

This seems to be a very well designed phone, 2K screen, fingerprint scanner, snapdragon 800 quadcore processor.

Vivo-Xplay-3S-official-image-1.jpg

vivo-xplay-3s.jpg

Vivo Xplay3S.

Okay, China is making better components for smart phone now.....but China economy still going down with its export tumbling badly :lol:

China's economic growth is still better rest of the world. China go down, then the world go down.

Is Vietnam economy growth better than China? even if so it takes decade for Vietnam to reach China's current position. :lol:

Butthurting? LOL

You chinasty troll us by starting this thread and when we prove you wrong (Vietnam can't assemble smartphone, china dominate Vietnam's mobile phone market, china make components for Apple Iphone LOL), you scream about us being "jealous" of you guys. Please, we do not care about your kind; stop mentioning about us, stop getting butthurt

At least we can prove what we claim. I bring evidence when saying Iphone start to use chinese components.

While you can't prove anything except getting butthurted and jealous :laugh:

Any more expensive and you people will have to sell your daughters to afford one. There is a reason why the lower end smart phones have a strong following in Vietnam. Your country is not US or Canada.

All, Mpixel in cameras are overrated. If you're a photographer, it's no more than marketing mumble jumble. Look it up.

Bolo, there are many option for phones in Vietnam,
Samsung phones cost from $15-20 and UP ...
In another thread, we see that even Apple products sell good in Vietnam, ...
so Chinese brand products clearly could have chance in Vietnam ...
But too early to say as title of this thread "Chinese cell phone brands may dominate Vietnam market"
Except, Chinese invested in Vietnam to assemble their own cellphone ... in my opinion, Chinese brand phones cannot meet your expectation, because Nokia, Samsung ... all have some factories in Vietnam, not only for domestic usage but most of them for export ...

Agree with your in megapixel race ... better we use the camera with big sensor, good lenses for photography ... for a phone 2Mpixel is enough for social network posting ...

In the future, the more Chinese component will be used in Iphone.

What has Vietnam achieve in this Smartphone technology? I bet "NONE", except being a market and cheap labor pool :lol:

well nobody is/should be comparing China and Vietnam. They are in different leagues. China should be comparing itself to the U.S , Japan, Germany,France, etc. So in this aspect China is still behind most of these countries technologically, though it maybe ahead in a few sectors. So China still has a long way to go to catch up to these countries. But the good news is that at least its advancing/catching up fast indeed. which isn't the case with most developing countries, IMO. But Vietnam is still ahead and developing faster compared to ASEAN countries like Philippines, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia , etc. which in itself is a good news considering the devastation/sanctions the country suffered in the Vietnam war and subsequent embargo. So nobody should laugh at Vietnam, since it has achieved a lot during the past decade against many odds/obstacles. From fighting bravely for its independence in the 50s (though with Soviet and Chinese support) to being a developing country with great potential today. so in this respect, i will say Vietnam has achieved quite a lot and is taking measures to improve its living standards..
But IMO as a country you should never laugh at another country that is way more advance than you. So my Vietnamese friends on here, please chill down a bit. Even though i can see that some Chinese members here are surprisingly overeact at times in their response. Shouldn't be laughing at a country calling it just a market and a cheap labor pool, because thats what some people here in the west still associate China with(Though having been to the country i can attest its more than that now), but still you people should be more humble(like most Chinese and Vietnamese people i know in U.K) and be ready to have an argument while avoiding personal attacks/insults, even if i understand some people might not be as polite as you, but joining someone in being arrogant/insulting makes you no better. So in life you don't have to always act like others (especially in a bad way). Well that's what i have learned in life so far. So please members here , be more
accommodating/considerate towards others views/comments without insults. After all we are all to discuss and exchange opinions.:cheers:

Bolo, there are many option for phones in Vietnam,
Samsung phones cost from $15-20 and UP ...
In another thread, we see that even Apple products sell good in Vietnam, ...
so Chinese brand products clearly could have chance in Vietnam ...
But too early to say as title of this thread "Chinese cell phone brands may dominate Vietnam market"
Except, Chinese invested in Vietnam to assemble their own cellphone ... in my opinion, Chinese brand phones cannot meet your expectation, because Nokia, Samsung ... all have some factories in Vietnam, not only for domestic usage but most of them for export ...

Agree with your in megapixel race ... better we use the camera with big sensor, good lenses for photography ... for a phone 2Mpixel is enough for social network posting ...
Like i said, most people have no idea what 5mp, 16mpx mean when it comes to picture quality. Google is your friend.

Like i said, most people have no idea what 5mp, 16mpx mean when it comes to picture quality. Google is your friend.
only Chinese who used ifone but dont understand what tech specification mean.

only Chinese who used ifone but dont understand what tech specification mean.

don't attack like that, so many Viet users think the same ...

Bolo, they don't know that megapixel only means the size of photo, and accordingly the size of the file.
For facebook, even 1Mpx is enough

don't attack like that, so many Viet users think the same ...

Bolo, they don't know that megapixel only means the size of photo, and accordingly the size of the file.
For facebook, even 1Mpx is enough

no, bro. my kid has been studied very hard before he could buy a his first I pad. he don't like to be regretfully with a his wrong dicision

China's economic growth is still better rest of the world. China go down, then the world go down.
China economy collapse is even better for the rest of the world. Eight nations can divide China again, and we will jont the Eight-Nation Alliance this time :P
antonius123 said:
Is Vietnam economy growth better than China? even if so it takes decade for Vietnam to reach China's current position. :lol:
China begged for Japan and US's to help its economy in 1978-1979 when VN's just made an economy reform after USSR collapse in 1990. from 1987 to now is almost 40 years and China is still dirty and polluted like third world nations with its economy is in big trouble.

Just give us 40 years to develop our economy like u, then u will see how backward China is :pop:

Back
Top Bottom