What's new

Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market in the world

Give me a break, Chinese stood in line days in advance to buy Apple.

actually no, Cook went to China to promote Apple and just a few showed up.

Samsung is still number 1 in China followed closely by 4 Chinese brands, lennovo, Huawai, and two more. Apple is 6th and is being over taken even at 6th.

Chinese brands are at that stage of overtaking Western counter parts.

Japan did it, then Korea did it, now china will.

Chinese companies and government have special departments that study successful business strategies and how it would work in relation to China.

China is doing the Japanese thing when they were the hot country, I think in the 80s? Buying up everything world wide, except we can do it on a far bigger scale.

Same here !! I think iOS is ok, but I like Android OS a lot more.
Android is best OS for developers, hackers and tech geeks. I have my own site on tutorials about How To Root, Flash Custom Recoveries and ROMs :D . Android is also good for little bit hacking :). Some of other benefits of Android smartphones are that you can install some other OS also. Like Ubuntu, Firefox, Meego are available for Nexus 4 and few other devices.

Apple is only good at one thing, marketing trend. It's that simple.

The only Apple product i have is an Ipad Mini, and regret every moment of it. Wish i could buy that new Sony tablet.

The only Apple product i have is an Ipad Mini, and regret every moment of it. Wish i could buy that new Sony tablet.
My brother and I bought an Ipad mini for our mother, she loves it. She also has an Apple Iphone. I used to have an Ipad but did not enjoy it that much so I gave it to my brother and I go back to my destop computer.:p:

Vietnamese market is insignificant compared to the Chinese market. We are already the 2nd largest market and will be the largest within 5 years.

Most of the Apple products bought in Vietnam are bought by Chinese expats.

Vietnamese are too poor to afford these high end brands.

LOL, Really? Chinese have to sell organS to buy Apple products LOL
Chinese boy sells kidney to buy iPad and iPhone | Mail Online

With a population of 1.3 billion there are few people that does crazy things.

But facts are facts.

Chinese market is FAAAAR greater than the insignificant Vietcong market.

Apple products bought in Vietnam are MAINLY bought by Chinese expats.

These are FACTS!
You might not like to hear them, but they are FACTS :coffee:

Nothing special in apple products, average stuff nothing space age specs are always a year & a half behind competition infact apple isn't competition as we speak...the latest news is apple sales of iphones and ipads shrinked although there would be no big loses but in coming years in 2-3 years more powerful & "efficient" android smartphones and tablets with better pricing is going to take apple products into cold storage.

Can you please tell me why Apple Fans are regarded as brainless snobs?? Whats wrong with Apple?? There quality and performance is best in world. Samsung, LG , Lenovo, Huawei can provide smartphone with Quad-core, Octa-core processors with 3 GB RAM and other high end specs. But still Apple Iphone 5S can provide equal or better performance than other smartphone. This brands can provide 5+ inch screen sizes but all now that 3.5-4.5 inch is perfect size for a smartphone. I tried more than 100 smartphones from all nearly all manufacturers including Apple Because i am running some sites related to Android OS and smartphones. And I found that Apple Iphones have the best performance, No lags, Errors, Google Services Error and other SHIT just a clean, simple and beautiful experience. I love Android OS also because like Root, Custom ROMs and other customization in smartphone.

What are the sites you run? Lemme check!! :)

April 25, 2014at 7:30 pm Tech in Asia
by Anh-Minh Do

apple-3b380-315x176.jpg

apple-vietnam.jpg

Photo credit: cnet.com

If you know anything about Vietnam, you know that Vietnamese people are highly brand conscious. Brands are associated with status and status is everything. Vietnam is so brand conscious that a business person will not trust that you are successful unless you drive a nice Mercedes Benz. So it’s no surprise that Apple, which has been deemed the world’s number one brand, is seeing its iPhones and iPads flying off the shelves in Vietnam.

Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is experiencing a sales boom in Vietnam right now, according to Apple executives talking in the company’s earnings conference call this week. Reuters notes that in Apple’s fiscal first half of the year, Vietnam sales tripled – that’s five times faster than Apple’s sales growth in India.

iPhone sales in Vietnam have doubled quarterly. Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market. This seems bizarre when you look at Vietnam’s overall economy. In 2013, the annual income of of an average Vietnamese person was just below US$2,000. Vietnam’s economy has been sluggish since 2009. But that hasn’t dampened demand for smartphones.

As Reuters’ Nguyen Phuong Linh notes, Vietnamese people are willing to spend more than they can afford just to have the appearance of status. A smartphone is the cheapest luxury item out there and it also has the highest visibility. Local partner boosts Apple in Vietnam According to research group IDC, one of the key factors in Apple’s growth is its latest partnership with FPT, the tech juggernaut that does everything from manufacturing to internet services to outsourcing.

apple-sees-sales-boom-in-communist-vietnam.jpg

A fruit vendor walks past an Apple store in Hanoi April 24, 2014. Communist Vietnam is suddenly Apple Inc's hottest market after its sales growth tripled in the first three months of the year, a rate five times faster than in India.

FPT is an authorized distributor of Apple products and FPT Retail is an Apple Premium Reseller in the country. Retail channels in Vietnam accounted for 70 percent of the total iPhone shipments in the first quarter of 2014, while the telcos likes Viettel and Vinaphone accounted for the remaining 30 percent. Overall, Vietnam’s smartphone shipments reached 7.6 million units in 2013. That’s an increase of 89 percent from 2012. This growth will likely continue for many years to come.

Growing in line with social For folks in Vietnam, this growth for Apple will come as no surprise. It’s already obvious that Vietnamese are very bullish when it comes to spending. It’s also clear that Vietnam is one the most active web populations in Southeast Asia. Now, there’s a large population of young people in rural and urban areas that are quickly getting online.

The biggest indicator of this is Facebook. In October 2012, Facebook hit 8.5 million users in Vietnam; in March 2013 it was 12 million. Then in January 2014, Facebook reached 20 million users in the country.

Vietnam is adding one million Facebook users per month. Given this rate of growth, Vietnam is at 24 million Facebook users this month and will hit 30 million by October this year. Vietnam is one of Facebook’s fastest growing countries.

So Apple’s growth is no anomaly. In terms of the internet and mobile, Vietnam is growing very quickly in every space.

Editing by Steven Millward

Read more:
Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market in the world

Great going Vietnam!! :tup: :-)

Vietnamese market is insignificant compared to the Chinese market. We are already the 2nd largest market and will be the largest within 5 years.

Most of the Apple products bought in Vietnam are bought by Chinese expats.

Vietnamese are too poor to afford these high end brands.

beidou, the increase of Apple products sale volume in Vietnam and in China .. are not something discrepancy ...
why you so sensitive that trying to argue like that "you are eating much of chocolate, but we have been eating much more chocolate than you" ... while eating chocolate is just an issue of taste.

Btw, Vietnam is going for top 1 of high quality cocoa

beidou, the increase of Apple products sale volume in Vietnam and in China .. are not something discrepancy ...
why you so sensitive that trying to argue like that "you are eating much of chocolate, but we have been eating much more chocolate than you" ... while eating chocolate is just an issue of taste.

Btw, Vietnam is going for top 1 of high quality cocoa

Hey I'm not the sensitive guy that trolls in every Chinese thread due to jealousy.

With a population of 1.3 billion there are few people that does crazy things.

But facts are facts.

Chinese market is FAAAAR greater than the insignificant Vietcong market.

Apple products bought in Vietnam are MAINLY bought by Chinese expats.

These are FACTS!
You might not like to hear them, but they are FACTS :coffee:
sales of luxury cars soar in Vietnam. with BMW up 70 per cent, Audi 88 per cent, Mercedes-Benz up 60 per cent, similar growth for Lexus. High end sales of appartments see impressive growth, too. Vietnam's retail sales of commodities and consumption service up 10.2 per cent in Q1 2014.

I guess you claim all of those sales are bought by Chinese expats?

but anyway even if it is true, Chinese are welcome to buy in Vietnam. it is good for the economy as it supports consumer spendings, increasing GDP.

qdryTLi6.jpg

1st-qtr luxury car sales soar in Vietnam despite economic woes

ap14.jpg

High end sales get liquidity boost | Read the Latest Real Estate and Property News including Vietnam

Last edited:
sales of luxury cars soar in Vietnam. with BMW up 70 per cent, Audi 88 per cent, Mercedes-Benz up 60 per cent, similar growth for Lexus. High end sales of appartments see impressive growth, too.

I guess you claim all of those sales are bought by Chinese expats?

qdryTLi6.jpg

1st-qtr luxury car sales soar in Vietnam despite economic woes

ap14.jpg

High end sales get liquidity boost | Read the Latest Real Estate and Property News including Vietnam

Yea, pretty much all of them are bought by Chinese expats.

Back
Top Bottom