What's new

Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market in the world

Wow, I'm so impressed by you Vietnamese taste. Poor and tasty. Sounds weird though.
In China, nobody gives shit to Apple users. Apple fans are regarded as brainless snobs.
really?

what is a user called when he/she uses Nokia/Samsung or HTC?

wow never imagined Vietnam to be such brand conscious society

statistics show otherwise

Good point. Brazilians don't care about brands much especially in clothes. I think Asians are the most obsessed with brands

Chinese has too much illusion on yourselves. I think its propaganda made by stupid leaders of China to brain wash Chinese people.

Without China we don't have trade deficit with China. Vietnam is not little boat. We could overcome all difficulties made by our bigger enemy to go ahead.

You have high school diplomat in China only, but your English is fair enough to troll BS here. I know that Cao kao in China is not easy exam.

omg.....you scared me, what the heck is Cao Kao, I never attended Cao Kao.

Do you think your assumption make any sense? There is not too much "if" in real life. You have China near you, accept the truth.

Vietnam is experiencing a double deprivation from international trade, you have to import PP&E from abroad, and you use it to make primary product to export. There is no such value-added product or service that you could offer.

you have a weird logic.

you have to start somewhere, haven´t you...

similar to our navy.
we start with one warship, then 100 warships. :-)

How come?

Apple fans are regarded as brainless snobs.
Can you please tell me why Apple Fans are regarded as brainless snobs?? Whats wrong with Apple?? There quality and performance is best in world. Samsung, LG , Lenovo, Huawei can provide smartphone with Quad-core, Octa-core processors with 3 GB RAM and other high end specs. But still Apple Iphone 5S can provide equal or better performance than other smartphone. This brands can provide 5+ inch screen sizes but all now that 3.5-4.5 inch is perfect size for a smartphone. I tried more than 100 smartphones from all nearly all manufacturers including Apple Because i am running some sites related to Android OS and smartphones. And I found that Apple Iphones have the best performance, No lags, Errors, Google Services Error and other SHIT just a clean, simple and beautiful experience. I love Android OS also because like Root, Custom ROMs and other customization in smartphone.

Good point. Brazilians don't care about brands much especially in clothes. I think Asians are the most obsessed with brands
in Vietnam, for example, if you have lots of money, and possess expensive toys such as villa or Mercedes you are considered a successful businessman. girls fly to you like flies. :cool:

Can you please tell me why Apple Fans are regarded as brainless snobs?? Whats wrong with Apple?? There quality and performance is best in world. Samsung, LG , Lenovo, Huawei can provide smartphone with Quad-core, Octa-core processors with 3 GB RAM and other high end specs. But still Apple Iphone 5S can provide equal or better performance than other smartphone. This brands can provide 5+ inch screen sizes but all now that 3.5-4.5 inch is perfect size for a smartphone. I tried more than 100 smartphones from all nearly all manufacturers including Apple Because i am running some sites related to Android OS and smartphones. And I found that Apple Iphones have the best performance, No lags, Errors, Google Services Error and other SHIT just a clean, simple and beautiful experience. I love Android OS also because like Root, Custom ROMs and other customization in smartphone.
I am not saying Apple is bad. Just there were a lot of negative news related to Apple users in China. Apple fever once became some kind of religion among part of Chinese young people. Most people gradually felt uncomfortable with the irrational fever.
But now, with the rise of Chinese native brands, Apple turned into a normal phone brand. The argument on Apple has calmed down.

Market shares of the 2013 QI in China. Samsung 17%, Lenovo 11.6%, Apple 5.4%(the 6th one). There are 7 Chinese brands among the top 10.
5729-1305201312203a.jpg

Last edited:
in Vietnam, for example, if you have lots of money, and possess expensive toys such as villa or Mercedes you are considered a successful businessman. girls fly to you like flies. :cool:
So sick social morality

I am not saying Apple is bad. Just there were a lot of negative news related to Apple users in China. Apple fever once became some kind of religion among part of Chinese young people. Most people gradually felt uncomfortable with the irrational fever.
But now, with the rise of Chinese native brands, Apple turned into a normal phone brand. The argument on Apple has calmed down.
Market shares of the 2013 QI in China. Samsung 17%, Lenovo 11.6%, Apple 5.4%. There are 7 Chinese brands among the top 10.
Agree but i can assure you that if a guy is using Apple Iphone or any other Apple product its very hard to change it. I mean the only matter with Apple is there Price and some limitations in Features and customization otherwise nothing can stop Apple. Same with Macbook, Ipad and all other Apple products. From Chinese Brands i like Oppo and Huawei most and Lenovo for Laptops. Apple have very less share in all countries. But countries like USA, Canada have large amount of Apple users. Apple arrangements are better than Google. I mean take example of 2013, In 2013 Worldwide by smartphone users double amount of Apps and games were downloaded from Playstore than Apple App store but Apple revenue is was much much more than Playstore.

This remind me that last time I checked most of the shoes sold in Hong Kong are made in Vietnam.

Yeap ... Nike, Adidas, and many other shoes manufacturers now go for Vietnam

Report of Amcham Vietnam

Vietnam accounts for 42% of total NIKE Brand footwear production in fiscal 2013
Posted by AmCham Vietnam In Footwear, News, Textiles and apparel, The Latest News & Events Tagged contract manufacturers
AmchamVN77-1.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-09-04-at-9.16.24-PM.png

While China and Indonesia account for 30% and 26% respectively.

Virtually all of Nike’s footwear is manufactured outside of the United States by independent contract manufacturers. In fiscal 2013, contract factories in Vietnam, China and Indonesia manufactured approximately 42%, 30%, and 26% of total NIKE Brand footwear, respectively. We also have manufacturing agreements with independent factories in Argentina, Brazil, India, and Mexico to manufacture footwear for sale primarily within those countries. The largest single footwear factory with which we have contracted accounted for approximately 6% of total fiscal 2013 NIKE Brand footwear production.

Almost all of NIKE Brand apparel is manufactured outside of the United States by independent contract manufacturers located in 28 countries. Most of this apparel production occurred in China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Malaysia, Turkey, Mexico, and Cambodia. The largest single apparel factory that we have contracted with accounted for approximately 6% of total fiscal 2013 apparel production.

Virtually all of our footwear is produced by factories we contract with outside of the United States. In fiscal 2012, contract factories in Vietnam, China and Indonesia, manufactured approximately 41%, 32% and 25% of total NIKE Brand footwear, respectively. We also have manufacturing agreements with independent factories in Argentina, Brazil, India, and Mexico to manufacture footwear for sale primarily within those countries. The largest single footwear factory that we have contracted with accounted for approximately 5% of total fiscal 2012 NIKE Brand footwear production. Almost all of NIKE Brand apparel is manufactured outside of the United States by independent contract manufacturers located in 28 countries. Most of this apparel production occurred in China, Vietnam, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Cambodia, Mexico, and El Salvador. The largest single apparel factory that we have contracted with accounted for approximately 8% of total fiscal 2012 apparel production.

April 25, 2014at 7:30 pm Tech in Asia
by Anh-Minh Do

apple-3b380-315x176.jpg

apple-vietnam.jpg

Photo credit: cnet.com

If you know anything about Vietnam, you know that Vietnamese people are highly brand conscious. Brands are associated with status and status is everything. Vietnam is so brand conscious that a business person will not trust that you are successful unless you drive a nice Mercedes Benz. So it’s no surprise that Apple, which has been deemed the world’s number one brand, is seeing its iPhones and iPads flying off the shelves in Vietnam.

Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is experiencing a sales boom in Vietnam right now, according to Apple executives talking in the company’s earnings conference call this week. Reuters notes that in Apple’s fiscal first half of the year, Vietnam sales tripled – that’s five times faster than Apple’s sales growth in India.

iPhone sales in Vietnam have doubled quarterly. Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market. This seems bizarre when you look at Vietnam’s overall economy. In 2013, the annual income of of an average Vietnamese person was just below US$2,000. Vietnam’s economy has been sluggish since 2009. But that hasn’t dampened demand for smartphones.

As Reuters’ Nguyen Phuong Linh notes, Vietnamese people are willing to spend more than they can afford just to have the appearance of status. A smartphone is the cheapest luxury item out there and it also has the highest visibility. Local partner boosts Apple in Vietnam According to research group IDC, one of the key factors in Apple’s growth is its latest partnership with FPT, the tech juggernaut that does everything from manufacturing to internet services to outsourcing.

apple-sees-sales-boom-in-communist-vietnam.jpg

A fruit vendor walks past an Apple store in Hanoi April 24, 2014. Communist Vietnam is suddenly Apple Inc's hottest market after its sales growth tripled in the first three months of the year, a rate five times faster than in India.

FPT is an authorized distributor of Apple products and FPT Retail is an Apple Premium Reseller in the country. Retail channels in Vietnam accounted for 70 percent of the total iPhone shipments in the first quarter of 2014, while the telcos likes Viettel and Vinaphone accounted for the remaining 30 percent. Overall, Vietnam’s smartphone shipments reached 7.6 million units in 2013. That’s an increase of 89 percent from 2012. This growth will likely continue for many years to come.

Growing in line with social For folks in Vietnam, this growth for Apple will come as no surprise. It’s already obvious that Vietnamese are very bullish when it comes to spending. It’s also clear that Vietnam is one the most active web populations in Southeast Asia. Now, there’s a large population of young people in rural and urban areas that are quickly getting online.

The biggest indicator of this is Facebook. In October 2012, Facebook hit 8.5 million users in Vietnam; in March 2013 it was 12 million. Then in January 2014, Facebook reached 20 million users in the country.

Vietnam is adding one million Facebook users per month. Given this rate of growth, Vietnam is at 24 million Facebook users this month and will hit 30 million by October this year. Vietnam is one of Facebook’s fastest growing countries.

So Apple’s growth is no anomaly. In terms of the internet and mobile, Vietnam is growing very quickly in every space.

Editing by Steven Millward

Read more:
Vietnam is now Apple’s fastest growing market in the world

In marketing, we call these people suckers.

and whats so great about how after millions of your ancestors died to break US colonialism now they come back with capital and consumer brands. You should rather think about how its not Vietnamese companies getting the market share of apple in vietnam?

I love Android OS also because like Root, Custom ROMs and other customization in smartphone.

Same here !! I think iOS is ok, but I like Android OS a lot more.

:woot: Many beautiful Vietnamese women?

Last edited:
Apple fans are regarded as brainless snobs.

Here in the US, some (not all) Apple fans are thought of as almost cult like because of the way they almost worship at the alter of Apple products. Fanboi iPhone users for example are thought of as "iCattle" because of their almost blind following.

Last edited:
Here in the US, some (not all) Apple fans are thought of as almost cult like because of the way they almost worship at the alter of Apple products. Fanboi iPhone users for example are thought of as "iCattle" because of their almost blind following.

anyway, Apple is good at growing more iCattle ... I admit

Back
Top Bottom