What's new

Lenovo's smartphone, tablet sales rise over 100%

Exactly it has nothing to do with hiding our nation, using the thinkpad brand was purely for marketing purpose. On my side of the continent more and more consumers are getting familiar with Lenovo. From what i read on my local tech forum more people are getting familiar with Lenovo, forum members mentioning their companies are using Lenovo workstations, computer stores now also have some of their laptops.
Plenty of those members even ordering Chinese brand smartphones online too. Whether some non technical consumers know Lenovo is a Chinese brand or not doesn't matter as long they buy it they are supporting the company. The funny thing is nobody in the technical forum ever mentioning Indian consumer electronics. Geez i wonder why? :)

I just don't understand why Indian always like to talk shit about Chinese so much. It's a bad habit that they need to stop if they want us to respect them.

May I please speak about my favorite electronic company in the world, known as the Lianxiang or Legend, in most of its early existence? They changed the name to Lenovo in early 2000s, which was a great brand choice. Thinkpad is an IBM business-oriented computer brand that Lenovo bought from IBM. If you are not an office worker or a IT user, you don't really understand or give a shit and this is how I know the Indian is just talking shit. Most of them are using the Ideapad brand, design, developed by Lenovo, that sold exclusively and target the consumer-oriented market. Both the Thinkpad and Ideapad were hugely successful that brand off into the Yoga, smartphone, and tablet. To understand the pro/con of Thinkpad and Ideapad, you MUST understand its history. Thinkpad is for business consumer, leaning toward the technical user, especially great for IT professional and as such the design is bulky and less attractive than the Ideapad. To show you example of the modern evolution of these two brands:

Thinkpad

lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-x1-carbon-touch-Side-15.jpg

Ideapad

U410-hero-ribbon.jpg

Of course, both brands are some of the BEST and most RELIABLE in the world. The Thinkpad brand is rank top #1 in most IT professional user's list and Ideapad has consistently sold very well in the consumer market due to its attractive and unique "Clementine Orange" ultrabook laptop that compete with the Apple Mac. The Ideapad today is the leading consumer-oriented laptop in the PC world. In my humble opinion, the only PC-laptop that capable of competing with the popularity of Apple Macbook is the Ideapad brand. Meanwhile in the business world, Thinkpad is leading the charge very comfortably. And of course, lady and gentleman, we all know about Lenovo's rising popularity smartphone, server, tablet, and among other area of business. Like I said, Lenovo would slowly eating up the electronic market in the next few decades, just as China continues to develop, heading toward a high-innovated economy in this 21st century. With China "Developed" image and modernization, product and quality perception of company will change and go along. This shit happen to Japan's Sony in the 80s and Korea's Samsung in 00s, and so it will happen to China in the 10s. Can I get an applause please? LMAO

Last edited:
lenovo says:

"Lenovo has 2000 designers and engineers focused on factors that make a difference to users.
From hard drives that help prevent data damage, to noise-cancelling microphones for clear web chats, to responsive power management for lower consumption, our team attends to details
."

The article is talking about the results of lenovo's Tablets and Cellphones

Lenovo K900 Mobile Phone

lenovo-smartphones-ideaphone-brand-2.png

Lenovo-Q1-income-from-smartphones-and-tablets-up-105-percent.jpg

Credit and link: TelecomLead.com | Lenovo Q1 income from smartphones and tablets up 105% to $1.2 billion

Lenovo IdeaPad A1

sitex-2011-tablets-lenovo-ideapad-A1.jpg

Lenovo IdeaPad K1

sitex-2011-tablets-lenovo-ideapad-k1.jpg

Credit (above 2 photos): Top 10 tablets at SITEX 2011 - inSing.com

Last edited:
I think Lenovo can become as big as Samsung, same with Huawei, they invest heavily on R&D, Huawei announced some days ago it will invest 600m$ in 5G and that they are working on it since 2009. Lenovo is the world fourth smartphone vendor while it only sells them in ten countries ! Huawei is third...Lenovo took a 13% market share in Indonesia only one year after entering the country ! And now lenovo want to expand in south america, middle east and Africa before entering Europe and USA...easy money : Just buy lenovo shares, in 2000 Softbank invested 20million $ in alibaba, now it is worth 70 billion $ !

Watch this lenovo promo:

lenovo Yoga Tablet Livestream Launch with Ashton Kutcher

Lenovo-Yoga-tablet-computers

Credit: .techsuplex.com
Lenovo-Yoga-tablet-computers.jpg

I think Lenovo can become as big as Samsung, same with Huawei, they invest heavily on R&D, Huawei announced some days ago it will invest 600m$ in 5G and that they are working on it since 2009. Lenovo is the world fourth smartphone vendor while it only sells them in ten countries ! Huawei is third...Lenovo took a 13% market share in Indonesia only one year after entering the country ! And now lenovo want to expand in south america, middle east and Africa before entering Europe and USA...easy money : Just buy lenovo shares, in 2000 Softbank invested 20million $ in alibaba, now it is worth 70 billion $ !

Ofcourse not, Samsung is a conglomerate. You can't compare Lenovo with a giant like Samsung that has many business divisions.

I think Huawei is better positioned than Lenovo on innovation front.

Huawei just set up its european B2B operation centre in the IT park at outskirt of Amsterdam. It´s great to see the presence of Chinese high tech firm here in Holland. It is the first one. it´s gonna kick ar$e of local telco &ICT giants such as arrogant KPN I´m sure.

Sorry, but aren't Huawei Acend P6 and Xiaomi Mi3 even better, on smartphones I mean.

Huawei has ascended to no 3 in world smartphone though it is still lagging behind leaders Samsung and Apple by quite a bit:

Huawei smartphones rise to world # 3, Q3 2013; lag behind Samsung, Apple a lot

In China, Xiaomi sells very well. It has just started launching its products world wide

Here is Q2 2013 shipment status。 Q3 2013 global results from Gartner will be published in about 1-2 weeks time.

Gartner Says Smartphone Sales Grew 46.5 Percent in Second Quarter of 2013 and Exceeded Feature Phone Sales for First Time

I think Huawei is better positioned than Lenovo on innovation front.

Huawei just set up its european B2B operation centre in the IT park at outskirt of Amsterdam. It´s great to see the presence of Chinese high tech firm here in Holland. It is the first one. it´s gonna kick ar$e of local telco &ICT giants such as arrogant KPN I´m sure.

Yes. Very encouraging despite the political incriminations

I think the operating strategies and major marketing focus of lenovo and Huawei do not overlap except on cellphones. The former is pc / computer oriented while the latter on communication systems

Last edited:
it is a silly comment
did tata acquire jaguar, landrover et al just to hide its indian origin?

I am sure for those who are buying Lenovo‘s PC or other products, they all know who owns Thinkpad or they can be able to surf on web. As such it is just a few clicks away from knowing Lenovo/IBM is a Chinese owned company.

The americans should be thankful for us for not only to revive a failing brand but also to create jobs there! 

That is how they live through their days out of immense misery 24/7 in a failed state!

Don't bother with trolls, however way they want to spin it, eventually the revenue earned is going to a Chinese company called Lenovo. Some Indians have a very twisted logic. They start counting from their IQ from the middle and end up with a Zero Value. 
Huawei has ascended to no 3 in world smartphone though it is still lagging behind leaders Samsung and Apple by quite a bit:
I use a Huawei Ascend Mate. Everything is good about the phone, just that It's processing speed is slow. High end games cannot be played on this phone compared to my last Lenovo K860. I'd prefer a Lenovo K900 or even the latest K910. Just my opinion. ;)

lenova is crap.. I saw its products.. would never buy one..

its either Sony or Samsung for me.

Back
Top Bottom