What's new

Why Kashmiris want independence from India ?

Deidara

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Until recently i only had a distant perception of Kashmiris and regretfully was dismissive of them as opportunists. But after having interacted with some at a very intimate level ive now developed great esteem for them. In all of Pakistan they are the most like me. Fiercely individualist and completely principled.
I want to ask Kashmiris and others who are informed of the issue, why Kashimiris want independence from India ? They must know that living under Pakistani government is not better than living under Indian. The common citizen has almost the same rights anywhere in the world. Kashmiris will have the same rights in Pakistan as in India. The constitution and the law will give them the same status in either country. i.e the status of the common citizen. Then why change the country ?

Until recently i only had a distant perception of Kashmiris and regretfully was dismissive of them as opportunists. But after having interacted with some at a very intimate level ive now developed great esteem for them. In all of Pakistan they are the most like me. Fiercely individualist and completely principled.
I want to ask Kashmiris and others who are informed of the issue, why Kashimiris want independence from India ? They must know that living under Pakistani government is not better than living under Indian. The common citizen has almost the same rights anywhere in the world. Kashmiris will have the same rights in Pakistan as in India. The constitution and the law will give them the same status in either country. i.e the status of the common citizen. Then why change the country ?

It is mostly due to Pakistan is a Muslim country where as India is not....Otherwise, in very basic level, there is hardly any difference being part of India or Pakistan...I could see any difference, they could have opted for any Western country...

It is mostly due to Pakistan is a Muslim country where as India is not....Otherwise, in very basic level, there is hardly any difference being part of India or Pakistan...I could see any difference, they could have opted for any Western country...
Then why Muslim Baloch people want independence from Pakistan......??

It's not about Islam, there are other dimensions to it.....Kashmiris, if at all they get independence, will not choose Pakistan, don't get mislead by few ISI agents raising Pakistani flags in Kashmir...

Last edited:
Actually we kashmiri don't consider Pakistan and Kashmir as two different entities iam from "Azad Kashmir" let me tell you what we think of Pakistan. 95% ( roughly) people are happy living under Pakistan rule , we love Pakistan as much as a person from Islamabad or Karachi do. We aren't oppressed by Army like other side of the border. We are free unlike IOK , ...

agree facilities and infrastructure are better in india kashmir too, but it boils down to india being a hindu country and muslims think hindus, christians etc are kafiirs

Kashmiris have been fighting for freedom for a thousand years, what have they got in common with 99% of Indians nothing whatsoever. Not language, race, colour, creed, religion nothing. They are a freedom loving people, the history, geography, topography, culture says it all really.

agree facilities and infrastructure are better in india kashmir too, but it boils down to india being a hindu country and muslims think hindus, christians etc are kafiirs

When you get killed for eating the wrong food and raped for being Muslim and massacred during riots, not wanting to be with "certain" kafirs is a valid concern!

Do you even know the meaning of "kaffir" ??considering someone kaffirr doesn't mean we think of you as low life creature or it doesn't make us racist ... Kaffir mean the one who doesn't believe in truth "according to Islam" .. After All you call us Muslims we call you kaffir what's the difference?? you have a specific term for us and we have for you ... Both these terms are provided by Islam though .

How many schools and universities are there in iok?

Then why Muslim Baloch people want independence from Pakistan......??

It's not about Islam, there are other dimensions to it.....Kashmiris, if at all they get independence, will not choose Pakistan, don't get mislead by few ISI agents raising Pakistani flags in Kashmir...
Only some balochs. Most of them are communists factions.

Simple as usual ,grass always looks greener on other side..its people tendency to neglect what they have and dream for what they dont have..if they by chance got to be with pakistan ,after some years again will start ranting ,india was good ..we want again to be with india..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom