What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Here's my 2 cents worth regarding the EAF SU-35 Deal that I posted on ACIG a while back.

From an Egyptian regime military mouthpiece page we have the following information regarding the Su-35 saga.

The deal is currently 'suspended' pending major improvements stipulated by the EAF, but considering the current international climate I would say that the deal will be cancelled altogether, even if the EAF pilots were still in Russia at the time of the report being written.

So here is a summary of what was in the report:

There indeed were 5 aircraft delivered to Egypt. These 5 aircraft were subjected to a considerable amount of testing and were trialled in several exercises, including international exercises in Egypt (read with the French) and the results were disastrous.

The IRBIS-E radar did not function as advertised and detection ranges were just over half of what the Russians had been claiming. Furthermore, the Radar could not guide a missile beyond 100kms, which made it useless if you had longer ranged missiles. Further to this the IRBIS was prone to malfunction and there were too many cases where the system failed in mid flight and would also lock up and require rebooting. The Egyptians complained to the Russians about these issues and stated basically that the aircraft was not as advertised and would not be accepted by the EAF. All 5 aircraft were promptly disassembled and shipped back to Russia pending the Russians coming up with an AESA radar based on that in the Su-57 to replace IRBIS along with a host of other requirements/improvements the Egyptians stipulated before they would be accepted. To add further insult to injury the EAF promptly informed their Algerian counterparts of the issues they'd identified.

The report further stated that the deal breaker was the aircraft's performance and not CAATSA. Due to US pressure on South Korea, certain components and materials required for the production of the radars have been withheld which has held up any further work being done in that regard.

I'd like to see this report. Could you kindly link it so we can see more of it? Who, what, where and why it was written would be valuable information as to the legitimacy of the information.

The other forum has gone to shit. For some reason I've been blocked because they got hacked by some bot bullshit. Anyway, I sent an email and if I don't hear back by tonight, few hours not tomorrow, I'm done with that place. The vitriol coming out of supposed anti-Egyptians because the zionist are murdering Palestinians left and right is getting to yours truly. Some asshole (and I mean ASSHOLE) opens a thread called "Egyptians are Cowards" by that pedophile piece of shit scott ritter and gets away with insulting Egyptians like that without a single reprimand after being reported 6 times is absurd. The anti-Egyptian vitriol is out of control and I'm too old for this shit. Even some of the infighting in here between some of us Egyptian brothers is so disrespectful it's ridiculous.

I just lost a major member of my family of 40 years and let me tell you, lol, I ain't in the mood for any shit from any swinging dick out there. Anyone has something to say, say it to my face or STFU. If this shit persists, I will bid farewell to the great @The SC and that's about it, The only true stand up man who knows who and what Arabs are and why the prophet (saws) said about the Egyptian soldier, If they don't straighten out the blocking on the other forum, we'll try and participate a little here and see how it goes then probably move on to some newly discovered aviation & military forums that show a lot more discipline and respect than these two joints, sorry to say. Cheers.

Last edited:
Egypt is interested

And you, Sami, I have been NOTHING but supportive of all your crazy wackadoo posts because I see there is a language barrier and you're using a lot of google translate which is screwing up your points but every post you made I tried to understand and offer counter and even support for most of what you say and what do you do in return? You misunderstood my comment I said and started insulting me and my upbringing and all that foolish typical Egyptian bullshit and now it seems you got your buddy @ENS who can't even respond to a welcome post by myself or one from @Ghostkiller and say a simple thank you, But that's ok, I try engaging him on other interesting topics to see what he thinks and he ignores me completely but even that's also ok. But it's arrogantly disrespectful and what goes around comes around I'll consider his opinion worth zero from now on, Insignificant,

As for you, don't you EVER bring up my upbringing by my mother or father Allah Yerh7anhum gamee3an you understand me? Instead if reading my reply and realizing you were way out of line talking to me in such a disrespectful and utter disgusting manner again, I will not be responsible for my reaction which will most certainly get me banned. You're better off coming with an apology for being an insulting idiot because you know back in the old country you insult one's mother of father, you start a fucking war and I don't give a **** if you think ana ba2kalem 2let eladab. It's especially for you until you apologize. But I doub't you'll have half the courage I displayed to you and everyone reading so I don't expect any more lowlife level shit from your mouth.

I even protected you when you were getting clobbered by that super-Egyptian hating German moderator with the temper tantrum of a 3-year old girl in the FC-31 possible production in Egypt thread to help you out after the insults you threw at me, What the **** was I thinking aywa fe kaman kalam aleel el adab zayak and just like that donkey homar labwa naval officer @joker88 hahaha akbar homar fel dunya. Obviously I've had it all.

And to all current mods, I apologize for my diatribe here it was MOST NECESSARY TO GET OFF MY CHEST AND I WILL TAKE WHATEVER INFRACTION OR BAN you impose be it PERMANENT ow whatever YOU DEEN NECESSARY LIKE A MAN, Cheers.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom