Status
Not open for further replies.

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
By Nga Pham In Hanoi

Four decades since the Vietnam War ended, America is the largest importer of Vietnamese commodities, while the Vietnamese are the eighth largest foreign student community in the US. This weekend's US visit by Vietnam's parliamentary chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung reflects the deepening political ties between these two former enemies over the last decade. Ordinary Vietnamese summarise how 10 years of reciprocal summits are transforming their perceptions of their old enemy.

_85377872_gettyimages-2717016.jpg

Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption An estimated 1.5 to 3 million Vietnamese and 58,000 US servicemen were killed in the Vietnam War

_85375992_gettyimages-468620977.jpg

Image copyright Le Quang Nhat/AFP/Getty Images
Image caption Four decades on, Vietnam's first McDonald's draws middle-class locals away from noodles

Hoang Thi Lieu, 21, tour company employee, from Hai Duong Province
_85375996_image_00004.jpg

Image caption Hoang Thi Lieu says she is really impressed by American punctuality
"Since Vietnam normalised relations with the US, many more Americans are visiting and working in Vietnam. I work in tourism, and I like American tourists a lot. Most of them are really polite and interested in our country. Some even come here to express their regrets over the Vietnam War, so they try to be extra nice towards us. We have a lot to learn from Americans."

Nguyen Vien, 66, writer, from Saigon
_85376626_image_00017.jpg

Image caption Nguyen Vien says he has Americans to thank for believing there is no need to dwell on the past

"For me, American culture is primarily about jeans. They are comfortable, cool and versatile. I wear jeans most of the time. Americans have also taught us how to be practical. So I no longer dwell on things, I look to the future. And now, when I meet my friends for coffee in the morning, we split the bill instead of one person paying for it all. Very American, I think... "

_85376629_image_00009.jpg

Image caption Kentucky Fried Chicken has existed for years in Vietnam's largest city, Ho Chi Minh, but was the first American fast food chain to open in Hanoi nine years ago.

Nguyen Thuy Duong, 45, businesswoman, in Saigon
_85377868_image_00006.jpg

Image caption Nguyen Thuy Duong's family has embraced American food culture in Ho Chi Minh

"Since it first opened in Vietnam, KFC became my childrens' favourite. My son, now 13, would pick it over Vietnamese cuisine any day. He likes it, not just because the food is tasty but also because he can play in the restaurant play area and collect stickers. I try to limit it to one visit per week and as a treat for my children."

Le Hoang Giang, 67, former police officer, in Hanoi
_85377873_image_00001.jpg

Image caption Le Hoang Giang belongs to Hanoi's older generation, who are trying to bury past memories of hatred for America

"I think Vietnam's new policy of opening up and befriending other countries especially the US is very wise. We used to think capitalist societies were morally empty but America is actually a great civilization with a great culture. Having such a powerful ally is a good thing."

Vu Thi Kieu Oanh, 22, shop assistant, from Quang Ninh Province
_85377867_image_00005.jpg

Image caption Vu Thi Kieu Oanh is on the look out for an eligible American bachelor

"I love Hollywood movies. I watch so many. I have many idols among US movie stars, especially Angelina Jolie. She is so beautiful. I actually want to marry an American man!"

Vietnam-US relations: What the Vietnamese say - BBC News

Nice,I hope someday the Vietnamese people will see China in the same positive way:p:
Then, your leader must support Vn as what chairman Mao did :)

By Nga Pham In Hanoi

Four decades since the Vietnam War ended, America is the largest importer of Vietnamese commodities, while the Vietnamese are the eighth largest foreign student community in the US. This weekend's US visit by Vietnam's parliamentary chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung reflects the deepening political ties between these two former enemies over the last decade. Ordinary Vietnamese summarise how 10 years of reciprocal summits are transforming their perceptions of their old enemy.

_85377872_gettyimages-2717016.jpg

Image copyright Getty Images
Image caption An estimated 1.5 to 3 million Vietnamese and 58,000 US servicemen were killed in the Vietnam War

_85375992_gettyimages-468620977.jpg

Image copyright Le Quang Nhat/AFP/Getty Images
Image caption Four decades on, Vietnam's first McDonald's draws middle-class locals away from noodles

Hoang Thi Lieu, 21, tour company employee, from Hai Duong Province
_85375996_image_00004.jpg

Image caption Hoang Thi Lieu says she is really impressed by American punctuality
"Since Vietnam normalised relations with the US, many more Americans are visiting and working in Vietnam. I work in tourism, and I like American tourists a lot. Most of them are really polite and interested in our country. Some even come here to express their regrets over the Vietnam War, so they try to be extra nice towards us. We have a lot to learn from Americans."

Nguyen Vien, 66, writer, from Saigon
_85376626_image_00017.jpg

Image caption Nguyen Vien says he has Americans to thank for believing there is no need to dwell on the past

"For me, American culture is primarily about jeans. They are comfortable, cool and versatile. I wear jeans most of the time. Americans have also taught us how to be practical. So I no longer dwell on things, I look to the future. And now, when I meet my friends for coffee in the morning, we split the bill instead of one person paying for it all. Very American, I think... "

_85376629_image_00009.jpg

Image caption Kentucky Fried Chicken has existed for years in Vietnam's largest city, Ho Chi Minh, but was the first American fast food chain to open in Hanoi nine years ago.

Nguyen Thuy Duong, 45, businesswoman, in Saigon
_85377868_image_00006.jpg

Image caption Nguyen Thuy Duong's family has embraced American food culture in Ho Chi Minh

"Since it first opened in Vietnam, KFC became my childrens' favourite. My son, now 13, would pick it over Vietnamese cuisine any day. He likes it, not just because the food is tasty but also because he can play in the restaurant play area and collect stickers. I try to limit it to one visit per week and as a treat for my children."

Le Hoang Giang, 67, former police officer, in Hanoi
_85377873_image_00001.jpg

Image caption Le Hoang Giang belongs to Hanoi's older generation, who are trying to bury past memories of hatred for America

"I think Vietnam's new policy of opening up and befriending other countries especially the US is very wise. We used to think capitalist societies were morally empty but America is actually a great civilization with a great culture. Having such a powerful ally is a good thing."

Vu Thi Kieu Oanh, 22, shop assistant, from Quang Ninh Province
_85377867_image_00005.jpg

Image caption Vu Thi Kieu Oanh is on the look out for an eligible American bachelor

"I love Hollywood movies. I watch so many. I have many idols among US movie stars, especially Angelina Jolie. She is so beautiful. I actually want to marry an American man!"

Vietnam-US relations: What the Vietnamese say - BBC News

These Vietnamese have not been sinicised.

Vietnam war with intervention of US 1963 - 1973.

Sino - Vietnam war 1979-1990.

These Vietnamese have not been sinicised.

what does sinization mean ? this concept apply for southern chinese.

Any people who value individual freedom will find a friend in the USA. The only peoples of the world who view the USA as an enemy are ones who: (1) don't understand the U.S. Constitution, or (2) believe that society should be controlled by a closed elite. This is not to say that the US perfectly follows its own Constitution. It doesn't. But it tries to harder than any other society on earth. At least the people of the US strive for "a more perfect union". Adherence to the US Constitution is the reason for the material success of the US, and is the reason why the US is the #1 choice for immigrants who can reach our shores.

what does sinization mean ? this concept apply for southern chinese.

Sinization means adopting Chinese culture like what your Mon-khmer ancestors did when they migrated from Laos/Cambodia to North Vietnam during Chinese rule. And Southern Chinese taught you how to read and write, resulting all Vietnamese today having Chinese surname.

Last edited:
Sinization means adopting Chinese culture like what your Mon-khmer ancestors did when they migrated from Cambodia to North Vietnam during Chinese rule. And Southern Chinese taught you how to read and write, resulting all Vietnamese today having Chinese surname.

Sinization apply for Bai Yue : Wo Yue, Min yue, dongyue ... etc to day this people has claimed themselves as Han Chinese.

Han Zi is like Latin alphabets characters for writting, no more. Han Chinese invaded in to Vietnam in the past like American invaded in to Vietnam recently.

Any people who value individual freedom will find a friend in the USA. The only peoples of the world who view the USA as an enemy are ones who: (1) don't understand the U.S. Constitution, or (2) believe that society should be controlled by a closed elite. This is not to say that the US perfectly follows its own Constitution. It doesn't. But it tries to harder than any other society on earth. At least the people of the US strive for "a more perfect union". Adherence to the US Constitution is the reason for the material success of the US, and is the reason why the US is the #1 choice for immigrants who can reach our shores.
Bullshit,LOL.

Murica is the kind of country that makes this Song though!

from Murica's Band, Lightning Rod

Slavs and Spooks, Greeks and Gooks by Lightning Rod (Album, Comedy Rock): Reviews, Ratings, Credits, Song list - Rate Your Music

Lightning Rod - Metapedia

In 1988, American White Nationalist David Custer formed a record label called MSR Productions. A year later, he formed its first band, a solo project called "David Hess". He sang, played guitar, bass, drums and keyboards. In 1990, a 7" single consisting of three songs, two penned by Custer, was released, called "David Hess". The two Custer-written songs, "Genetic Debris" and "The New Enemy" would be revisited on later albums.

In 1991, he released a 7" single called "White Liberation", containing three tracks, also written by him. This was the first use of the Lightning Rod name. It was followed by a six-song cassette, Aryan Homeland, a year later Aryan Homeland included a new version of "Genetic Debris".

1993 saw the release of the Aryan Outlaws in a Zionist Police State six-song CD. The following year, a four-song CD, "White Uprising", came out. In February 1996, Custer released a compilation of bands signed to MSR called "Leaderless Resistance". It included two new Lightning Rod songs, "Angry" and "Make a Statement". In November 1996, Custer reissued the compilation due to a dispute with Jim Crow, the guitarist and main songwriter for the death metal/hardcore punk group Vaginal Jesus, who had three songs on the original compilation. The compilation removed the VJ songs and included a new lightning rod song, "Gook".

In 1997, Lightning Rod's debut album, More Evil than a Hollywood Jew, was released. It contained three new songs, the tracks from Leaderless Resistance, White Uprising, four tracks from Aryan Outlaws, Aryan Homeland and White Liberation. In 1999, Aryan Homeland was reissued on CD with two new tracks: Mud(Slav)Oven Blues, which mocked Vaginal Jesus, Crow's new project Mudoven and the grindcore band Anal Cunt, whose lead singer Seth Putnam was a session drummer on VJ's albums, and "I Wanna Be Happy".

To ring in the new millennium, two CD-singles were released: a two-track single entitled "Censored" and the three-song EP "The Only Way to Cure a Catholic". 2001 saw the issue of The White Man's Burden, a six-song EP containing the track "Boy George Burdi", a mocking of Canadian ex-White Nationalist George Eric Hawthorne.

In 2004, the album "Slavs and Spooks, Greeks and Gooks", consisting of off-cuts from the 2000-2001 sessions, was released. Later in 2004, the album Cowboy and Folk Songs was issued, containing 12 songs, including a new version of "The New Enemy" from the David Hess 7".

Lightning Rod have not released any albums since then, but in 2013, two new songs, "Obongo the Usurper" and "Wake Up Crackers!" were added to the MSR website.

Sinization apply for Bai Yue : Wo Yue, Min yue, dongyue ... etc to day this people has claimed themselves as Han Chinese.

Han Zi is like Latin alphabets characters for writting, no more. Han Chinese invaded in to Vietnam in the past like American invaded in to Vietnam recently.

Baiyue are extinct. Their closest relative are ethnic minority like Zhuang, Bai, etc.

All your surname are based on Chinese name, it be can written in Chinese or Latin. Ancient Vietnam is home to Tai-Kadai people of China, which has nothing to do with you. Today Vietnamese are Mon-Khmer people who migrated to North Vietnam during late Chinese rule.

Last edited:
Baiyue are extinct. Their closest relative are ethnic minority like Zhuang, Bai, etc.

All your surname are based on Chinese name, it be can written in Chinese or Latin. Ancient Vietnam is home to Tai-Kadai people of China, which has nothing to do with you. Today Vietnamese are Mon-Khmer people who migrated to North Vietnam during late Chinese rule.

How about 吳越國 in Shanghai and Zhie Jiang ?

文郎国
of Viets was in south China. was the first semi-legendary nation of the ancient Vietnamese people. It was ruled by the Hùng Kings of the Hồng Bàng dynasty.

Have you been to China? Or are you trolling?

Cantonese are Han chinese who live in Canton, same region as Zhuang ethnic minority.

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
Guangxi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been to. Cantonese language is not Futonghua of Han Chinese in North china.

How come you dont post genetic charts? Because it might reveal that southern “Han” Chinese also shared genes with the ethnic Zhuang, etc.? :azn:

Anyway, most of us Viets are proud of our Mon-Khmer heritage, as affirmed by biendong. It seems like you think that is somehow offensive to us?:disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom