What's new

Vietnam-US relations: What the Vietnamese say

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ComradeNam is North Vietnamese, while @Yorozuya (formerly known as Black Flag) is South Vietnamese.

You guys don't even belong to the same race, so what is the point to become a single country?

I said I was going to stop posting in this thread but will have to correct your wrong infomation.

I am a northern Vietnamese. I have even revealed my exact home province using Vietnamese slangs in my previous post.

Your friend ComradeNam cant understand that slang because he is an oversea Vietnamese, he is not a Vietnamese living in VN. He couldnt understand the question I asked him. Even after I had explained it to him, he still didnt get the question because he does not know the slangs that Vietnamese people in VN use.

Northern Viets are not anti-Khmer like the southern Viets. We dont think much about the khmer at all because we live far away and most northern Viet will never meet a Cambodian in his life unless he travels to southern VN or Cambodia.

It is southern VN that is next to Cambodia and have a history so southern Viets are more anti-Khmer than northern Viets. Just like northern Viets are more anti-China than southern Viets.

First, i think you guy got off topic from the title of the thread
Second, Khmer was also minority ethnic in Vietnam, there are nearly 2 million of them in our country, so don't insult them pls. Vietnam was multi-ethnic country, more than 73% Kinh and the rest is minority, so every ethnic got their relationship and influence with each other, it is a mutual road

About our languages, genetic and origin, i suggest you guy create an account for this forum and join the discussion, [a lot of rational Asian members (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Philippine, Thai, Cambodia, Laos,....) there, forum policy is strict and you got 1 or 2 month ban, so there are very few trolls or personal attack, forum is more about discussion between Asia culture, origin and history, so very few politics topic]

History of Kinh

Chinese language that is closest to Vietnamese

@Yorozuya
have some discussion with Doraemon, she is fun:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the link, but I have just checked it and its not the type of forum Im interested in.

I’m actually not interested in history or genes that some oversea viets are obssessed with. What ever genes our people has, it doesn’t bother me like it would to some insecure people.

Remember I told you a lot of oversea Chinese have insecurity issues. Well this also apply to a lot of oversea Viets too, who mostly post in that Viet forum. And when you look at the topics and posts on that forum, it is similar to the those created by Chinese members here on PDF. Basically, mostly insecure people posting threads with pretty pictures of Vietnam, cities or girls, or some trivial viet achievements so they all can just compliment each other to feel better about themselves. Basically mental mast**bation, lame. So Im not really interested in that forum. Facebook smack talks and wierd news are more entertaining than that.

@Viet, @ComradeNam, you two obviously have some reading comprehension problems.

One guy thinks me saying “Vietnamese is Mon-Khmer” is the same as saying “Vietnamese are Khmer”. While the other guy said he hope I learn when I go oversea when I have already made it very clear, in my previous post, that I am already now studying oversea.

Keep jumping up and down and argue with that fattyacid guy. Your insecurity is no longer my interest. Bye. :wave:

Last edited:
I said I was going to stop posting in this thread but will have to correct your wrong infomation.

I am a northern Vietnamese. I have even revealed my exact home province using Vietnamese slangs in my previous post.

Your friend ComradeNam cant understand that slang because he is an oversea Vietnamese, he is not a Vietnamese living in VN. He couldnt understand the question I asked him. Even after I had explained it to him, he still didnt get the question because he does not know the slangs that Vietnamese people in VN use.

Northern Viets are not anti-Khmer like the southern Viets. We dont think much about the khmer at all because we live far away and most northern Viet will never meet a Cambodian in his life unless he travels to southern VN or Cambodia.

It is southern VN that is next to Cambodia and have a history so southern Viets are more anti-Khmer than northern Viets. Just like northern Viets are more anti-China than southern Viets.

Thanks for the link, but I have just checked it and its not the type of forum Im interested in.

I’m actually not interested in history or genes that some oversea viets are obssessed with. What ever genes our people has, it doesn’t bother me like it would to some insecure people.

Remember I told you a lot of oversea Chinese have insecurity issues. Well this also apply to a lot of oversea Viets too, who mostly post in that Viet forum. And when you look at the topics and posts on that forum, it is similar to the those created by Chinese members here on PDF. Basically, mostly insecure people posting threads with pretty pictures of Vietnam, cities or girls, or some trivial viet achievements so they all can just compliment each other to feel better about themselves. Basically mental mast**bation, lame. So Im not really interested in that forum. Facebook smack talks and wierd news are more entertaining than that.

@Viet, @ComradeNam, you two obviously have some reading comprehension problems.

One guy thinks me saying “Vietnamese is Mon-Khmer” is the same as saying “Vietnamese are Khmer”. While the other guy said he hope I learn when I go oversea when I have already made it very clear, in my previous post, that I am already now studying oversea.

Keep jumping up and down and argue with that fattyacid guy. Your insecurity is no longer my interest. Bye. :wave:
Oh now you generalized about Vietnamese oversea too. You said Vietnamese is Khmer heritage is similar to saying Vietnamese related to Khmer. Where you come from or where you live does not make you knowledgeable. Viet is oversea Vietnamese and he is 10x smarter than you.
Summary your arguments;

- Vietnamese is Khmer heritage. (I wish Ming Mang still alive so you can convince him about that, would help Khmer preserve their culture.)
- Southern Vietnamese does not like Khmer, not northern Vietnamese
- Most oversea Vietnamese are insecure.
- You are not Vietnamese living in Vietnam because you don't understand my slang ( this is laughable, as if every Vietnamese must understand his slang in order to qualified as living in Vietnam.)

Last edited:

What's wrong with taking pride in our big scientific and engineering achievements such as building the world's largest radio telescope, fastest supercomputer, biggest HSR system, etc?

We don't put down Vietnamese achievements to do so, does it matter to you at all? Or is it that others living well means that you get jealous?

Whoever said Vietnamese related to Khmer must have their head check. Even Khmer knows better than this Yoro.

Emperor Minh Mang sent convicts and prisoners--if kept in jail, would prove useless--to live among Khmer and to teach them lessons. In Minh Mang's words, "The barbaric Khmer have become my children now, and you [Gen. Truong Giang] should teach them our customs, language... teach them to use oxen, to grow more rice, to raise pigs, chicken, ducks... if there is any out-dated custom, repress it."
Khmerization: Queen Ang Mey and Vietnamization in Cambodia

If Ming Mang success Vietnamization Khmer. The Khmer could be able to read and write hanzi now, and more reason for them to claim Chinese heritage and ask for Chinese aid as they have always been wishing and looking up to their Chinese daddy.

The Chinese should give Khmer some loves since Khmer want to be Chinese so bad instead trying to be distant and look down on them, and slump them together with Vietnamese.

Vietnamese migrated from center of Indochina to north Vietnam over ten thousands years ago. That's why we have relations with Khmer people but it is over ten thousands years ago. At that time Vietnamese language is still not tonal. Vietnamese only have 6 tones under the influence of Chinese from the ninth century.

What's wrong with taking pride in our big scientific and engineering achievements such as building the world's largest radio telescope, fastest supercomputer, biggest HSR system, etc?

We don't put down Vietnamese achievements to do so, does it matter to you at all? Or is it that others living well means that you get jealous?

Nothing wrong with posting achievements or something positive about a country. Plenty of these threads were created by all sorts of members: Iranian, Turks, Indonesia, Japanese, etc. The difference is that most of these guys get compliments from all sorts of members from different countries. For 90% of the Chinese threads, it is usually just the same exact 4-5 Chinese members who compliment or cheer on their own country. It is something I would feel embarrassed about (and what I meant by lame), not jealous of. And I have also attacked the few Viet members here who have demonstrated the same behaviour in posting VN cities, buildings, achievements, etc. Other Viet members like AViet has also attacked them for the same reason. If I was jealous, I would have instead encouraged those Viets to post more pictures of VN landscape, cities, girls, achievements, etc. but it gets lame when they are just cheering themselves when no one else is interested in it. It is the same reason why I said I’m not interested in that other Viet forum.

And the main target of my previous post was that Viet forum, not your countrymen. Your countrymen can continue to post “achievements” or pretty pictures in this forum, its not my issue.

Also dont tag me in this thread, Im supposed to stop posting in here.

Vietnamese migrated from center of Indochina to north Vietnam over ten thousands years ago. That's why we have relations with Khmer people but it is over ten thousands years ago. At that time Vietnamese language is still not tonal. Vietnamese only have 6 tones under the influence of Chinese from the ninth century.

Also, the mainstream view in academia is that Vietnamese is a Mon-khmer language, most linguists assert this view.

But what @fattyacid said (that the people of northern VN was once Tai-kadai and that the modern Vietnamese people has nothing to do with them) is also wrong and there is a simple proof to debunk it but I’d rather let the other two jump up and down with their insecurity.

Nothing wrong with posting achievements or something positive about a country. Plenty of these threads were created by all sorts of members: Iranian, Turks, Indonesia, Japanese, etc. The difference is that most of these guys get compliments from all sorts of members from different countries. For 90% of the Chinese threads, it is usually just the same exact 4-5 Chinese members who compliment or cheer on their own country. It is something I would feel embarrassed about (and what I meant by lame), not jealous of. And I have also attacked the few Viet members here who have demonstrated the same behaviour in posting VN cities, buildings, achievements, etc. Other Viet members like AViet has also attacked them for the same reason. If I was jealous, I would have instead encouraged those Viets to post more pictures of VN landscape, cities, girls, achievements, etc. but it gets lame when they are just cheering themselves when no one else is interested in it. It is the same reason why I said I’m not interested in that other Viet forum.

And the main target of my previous post was that Viet forum, not your countrymen. Your countrymen can continue to post “achievements” or pretty pictures in this forum, its not my issue.

Also dont tag me in this thread, Im supposed to stop posting in here.

Also, the mainstream view in academia is that Vietnamese is a Mon-khmer language, most linguists assert this view.

But what @fattyacid said (that the people of northern VN was once Tai-kadai and that the modern Vietnamese people has nothing to do with them) is also wrong and there is a simple proof to debunk it but I’d rather let the other two jump up and down with their insecurity.

That's due to media brainwashing. Objectively speaking Chinese achievements are pretty big, often carrying the title of "biggest" "best" "fastest" "first" "most".The post about the discovery of Weyl fermions in tantalum oxide got alot of respect from Indian members despite their media brainwashing about China.

That's due to media brainwashing. Objectively speaking Chinese achievements are pretty big, often carrying the title of "biggest" "best" "fastest" "first" "most".The post about the discovery of Weyl fermions in tantalum oxide got alot of respect from Indian members despite their media brainwashing about China.

My issue is not about achievements. Even if the achievements are small, people could (and should) be proud of it.

What I was talking about is the attitude of the posters. They are longing for compliments from foreigners but don’t get any so they just end up complimenting one another and patting each other on the shoulders. Sometime they have no interest in discussing the technicalities of the achievements/topics itself but just want to see compliments...thats why there are some members who posted things like a philosophical article which none of us had any clue of what was being explained but it was posted anyway because it looked like a complimentary article written by a foreigner.

Summary your arguments;

- Vietnamese is Khmer heritage....

Stop quoting me. You can’t even comprehend a basic sentence to begin your argument. I have never said Vietnamese has Khmer heritage. I said Vietnamese has Mon-khmer heritage.

There is a big difference between the two concept “Khmer” and “Mon-khmer”. You two can’t even understand these basic ideas to start with, so stop quoting me thanks.

yoro either you are drunken or pretend to be. go home, drink a beer and relax. right now you lost control over your head.

yoro either you are drunken or pretend to be. go home, drink a beer and relax. right now you lost control over your head.

Its better for you to leave this thread to stop you making a fool out of yourself. Just like how your quote below shows how you have no clue what you are talking about:

the Black Flag army consisted of Zhuang ethnic, almost bandits. Not Tai-kadai.

that all facts, no matter how you try to fake and lie.

The Zhuang is an ethnic group and they speak a Tai-Kadai language, got that? So your so-called facts does not make any sense.

Just like how you do not know the differences between “Mon-Khmer” and “Mon” or “Khmer”. Dont tell me you think Tai-Kadai is synonymous with Thai, and Mon-Khmer is synonymous with Mon and Khmer? Stupid.

Just one single comment by a Chinese member saying Vietnamese language is “Mon-Khmer” (which is correct) can make you jump up and down and make you scream about Cambodia blah blah which is not even the main point.

@Hu Songshan please close this thread it is now derailed and going all off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom