What's new

Vietnam-US relations: What the Vietnamese say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what you have said, my “conjecture” was correct isn’t it? you basically made those posts and quotes from history books as a way to get back at biendong for making those comments about the cantonese. Like I said, tit-for-tat. It probably annoyed you to the point that you actually took those time to research on Vietnamese history to get back at biendong or the other vietnamese members commenting about the cantonese origins. And obviously your intention, as tit-for-tat, was to offend him with this mon-khmer thing.

My comment and advice was that your mon-khmer post is not offensive to most Vietnamese, even biendong affirmed our mon-khmer heritage. So its actually a one way “tit- for-tat” thing since his comments annoyed you guys while your comments in return does not offend him at all, hence he is happy to repeat his cantonese comments again and again. So you are the naive one.

But I am surprised that there are a few Vietnamese here who are indeed offended by your mon-khmer comments. But you have offended the wrong people (Viet and ComradeNam), instead of offending biendong.

FYI, and to the oversea Vietnamese like Comradenam and @Viet, the real Vietnamese always affirm our south east asian mon-khmer heritage. We see the tai kadai in VN as weak, wasn’t able to push the Chinese out during the 1000 years chinese domination of VN. According to fattyacid, our ancestor migrated during the 9th century, which means that they managed to ousted the Chinese within 100 years during the 10th Century. The next period China tried to dominate VN again was during the Ming dynasty, and they only lasted 20 years before they got kicked out again. So you can see how strong these mon-khmer ancestor were compared to those who were dominated for 900 years with no success at ousting the Chinese. Furthermore, VN expanded territory after the Chinese was ousted.

Thats why, we are proud of our strong mon-khmer ancestor and only cared about the Greater sub mekong empire, the original homeland of our mon-khmer ancestor.
So you re related to Khmer heritage? Get your azz out of here, you dont represent us. Go worship your Chinese daddy, polpot and Sam raisy. Go type on google Vietnamese face discrimation in Cambodia. They live in cambodia for generation but cant get citizenship, Viet children cant go to school...etc. you must so proud to relate to your kind who not only blindly worship Viet mortal enemy Chinese, mass killing innocent Vietnamese and discriminate against Viet living in Cambodia.

When the MingXi migrated down south kill whole load of these khmers. When the Mingxi was absorbed by Vietnam dynasty, the MingXi descendant was Nguyen dynasty general continue use Khmer as meat shield to train troops. Despite all that Khmer hates Viet and worship Chinese for generations.

The Chinese moron here should at least give Khmer some love already.

Last edited:
But I am surprised that there are a few Vietnamese here who are indeed offended by your mon-khmer comments. But you have offended the wrong people (Viet and ComradeNam), instead of offending biendong.

FYI, and to the oversea Vietnamese like Comradenam and @Viet, the real Vietnamese always affirm our south east asian mon-khmer heritage. We see the tai kadai in VN as weak, wasn’t able to push the Chinese out during the 1000 years chinese domination of VN. According to fattyacid, our ancestor migrated during the 9th century, which means that they managed to ousted the Chinese within 100 years during the 10th Century. The next period China tried to dominate VN again was during the Ming dynasty, and they only lasted 20 years before they got kicked out again. So you can see how strong these mon-khmer ancestor were compared to those who were dominated for 900 years with no success at ousting the Chinese. Furthermore, VN expanded territory after the Chinese was ousted.

Thats why, we are proud of our strong mon-khmer ancestor and only cared about the Greater sub mekong empire, the original homeland of our mon-khmer ancestor.
where did I say we are of south east asian mon-khmer heritage?
are you mad bro?

One, I don't dumb troll on Vietnam and its people, like how your Vietnamese comrades troll and insult Chinese (rechoice, eastsea, lacviet, niceguy...) If there's a need to put across a point that may seem like a rebuttal, in this case, the subject of sinicized people, I make sure I back it up with credible source. So it's not low IQ tit-for-tat, but schooling-for-the-tit-and-tat.

Two, Chinese don't view Mon-khmer or Kinh differently as you guys do, so no offence can be intended. I mentioned it to illustrate Tai-Kadai are native to North Vietnam, not Mon-khmer Vietnamese.

Your conjecture is wrong.

FYI, Tai-kadai were far from weak. Trung sisters were most likely Tai-kadai. The Black Flag army led by Chinese general that terrorized the French in Tonkin were Tai-kadai.
you begin to sound like a low IQ idiot.
How many times do I need to say there are NO mon-khmer people? they only exist in your delusional head.

once again, there are Mon people, speaking mon language, living in burma and thailand. also, the Khmer people, speaking khmer language, living in cambodia.

both the mon and khmer speak a non tonal language, having scripts, cutures and custom dominantly influenced by India. majority of Vietnamese are of Kinh ethnic, speaking Vietic, a tonal language, with cultures and custom dominantly influenced by China.

Tai people speak tai language, living mostly in Thailand. they are present day siamese or thai.

Tai-kadai people speak different language dialects, living from china to india to thailand to vietnam. the tai ethnic settle down mostly in mountain regions of north vietnam.

And you idiot, of course, there are no such Mon-khmer Vietnamese. that is your and other chinese posters here infamous invention. to defame our people and distort our history. if Mon-khmer exists, than surely Chindia, an artifical word combined by China and India, and you are of chindian people.

the Trung sisters were of Kinh ethnic, raised in a nobles family in Mê-Linh, Hanoi.

the Black Flag army consisted of Zhuang ethnic, almost bandits. Not Tai-kadai.

that all facts, no matter how you try to fake and lie.

Last edited:
So you re related to Khmer heritage? Get your azz out of here, you dont represent us. Go worship your Chinese daddy, polpot and Sam raisy. Go type on google Vietnamese face discrimation in Cambodia. They live in cambodia for generation but cant get citizenship, Viet children cant go to school...etc. you must so proud to relate to your kind who not only blindly worship Viet mortal enemy Chinese, mass killing innocent Vietnamese and discriminate against Viet living in Cambodia.

When the MingXi migrated down south kill whole load of these khmers. When the Mingxi was absorbed by Vietnam dynasty, the MingXi descendant was Nguyen dynasty general continue use Khmer as meat shield to train troops. Despite all that Khmer hates Viet and worship Chinese for generations.

The Chinese moron here should at least give Khmer some love already.

LOL nearly every academic study out there will say that Vietnamese language is part of mon-khmer. All you have written are just random words. Back up your mumble jumble with academic sources please.

It sounds like you are a oversea viet the way you talk trying to imitate african-american. Seems like we got an oversea Viet with insecurity here.

If you are really from north VN like you said before, then answer this question:

nếu mà quê cậu ở miền bắc, xin hỏi biển số xe vùng cậu là gì?

Most oversea Viets wont know how to answer this. So if you really a Vietnamese from VN, then answer that question. Otherwise if you turn out to be an oversea Viet with an insecurity issue, then Im gonna have to start make fun of you here.

where did I say we are of south east asian mon-khmer heritage?
are you mad bro?

I didn’t say you affirm our mon-khmer heritage. Infact, I have earlier said you seem to be offended by it.

I said real Vietnamese will affirm our mon-heritage, as most academics have long accepted this view. I have said plenty of time before, most oversea Viets are different. Most Ive met in oversea usually want to associate with Chinese culture or find acceptance from them.

In VN, we are proud to be South East Asian...Ive talked about this plenty of times before.

And you haven’t provided any source to back up your anti-mon khmer claims. You also seem to not be knowledgeable about this stuff. Im not either, but at least I know the Zhuang speaks tai-kadai on the other hand you said zhuang and tai-kadai are different, which doesnt make any sense.

This is the truth here, mainland south east asia are belongs to mon-khmer group, which include the Kinh in VN, Khmu in Laos, Khmer in Cambodia and Thailand...plus the other mon-khmer from Thailand all the way up to India.

Dont you know thats why there will be a unified greater sub mekong empire? NiceGuy’s vision is great.

One, I don't dumb troll on Vietnam and its people, like how your Vietnamese comrades troll and insult Chinese (rechoice, eastsea, lacviet, niceguy...) If there's a need to put across a point that may seem like a rebuttal, in this case, the subject of sinicized people, I make sure I back it up with credible source. So it's not low IQ tit-for-tat, but schooling-for-the-tit-and-tat.

Two, Chinese don't view Mon-khmer or Kinh differently as you guys do, so no offence can be intended. I mentioned it to illustrate Tai-Kadai are native to North Vietnam, not Mon-khmer Vietnamese.

Your conjecture is wrong.

FYI, Tai-kadai were far from weak. Trung sisters were most likely Tai-kadai. The Black Flag army led by Chinese general that terrorized the French in Tonkin were Tai-kadai.

Whether you think their comments are low IQ and yours are high IQ, thats not the point here. It is still clear that your reply is a tit-for-tat intended to offend/get back at them. Their comments are about cantonese origins/sinicization in south china so what does it got to do with mon-khmer and kinh in north vn? it is clear that your intention to raise up mon-khmer/kinh history is to counter/offend them...which it wont because vietnamese as we affirm our mon-khmer heritage anyway.

Im only commenting on why you will always continue to see the comments on cantonese origins/sinicization...mainly because they see that you folks get annoyed/offended by it while your counter replies is not offensive to them. That is all. You can believe that or not its not my issue, and you can continue to mention mon-khmer.

And yes, tai-kadai group are weak...history have shown this...they dont have their own country in their original homeland...laos is weak...siam got sacked by burmese army many times...they did ok displacing the khmer from parts of the old khmer kingdom and nearly took over it, but got pushed back by VN. Thailand is only good in diplomacy. So I would say overall, they are weak...using an isolated example of mercenary pirates who got used and kicked out at will by viet and china is not a good example that tai kadai is strong. The zhuang are still just an ethnic minority in their original homeland and this shows they are not very strong.

But anyway, thanks to this thread, I have now learnt that some more oversea viets have some insecurity issue too.

Last edited:
Whether you think their comments are low IQ and yours are high IQ, thats not the point here. It is still clear that your reply is a tit-for-tat intended to offend/get back at them. Their comments are about cantonese origins/sinicization in south china so what does it got to do with mon-khmer and kinh in north vn? it is clear that your intention to raise up mon-khmer/kinh history is to counter/offend them...which it wont because vietnamese as we affirm our mon-khmer heritage anyway.

Im only commenting on why you will always continue to see the comments on cantonese origins/sinicization...mainly because they see that you folks get annoyed/offended by it while your counter replies is not offensive to them. That is all. You can believe that or not its not my issue, and you can continue to mention mon-khmer.

And yes, tai-kadai group are weak...history have shown this...they dont have their own country in their original homeland...laos is weak...siam got sacked by burmese army many times...they did ok displacing the khmer from parts of the old khmer kingdom and nearly took over it, but got pushed back by VN. Thailand is only good in diplomacy. So I would say overall, they are weak...using an isolated example of mercenary pirates who got used and kicked out at will by viet and china is not a good example that tai kadai is strong. The zhuang are still just an ethnic minority in their original homeland and this shows they are not very strong.

But anyway, thanks to this thread, I have now learnt that some more oversea viets have some insecurity issue too.

Your comrades like to attack Chinese people. Sometimes I let it pass, this time I choose to response. My right to debunk their BS is no lesser than your right to make conjecture. Debunking their BS is not what you called tit-for-tat. That would mean going down to their level, inventing stuff to smear.

Why I brought up Mon-Khmer? Their entire BS is based along this premise that Cantonese are not Chinese but sinicized relatives of Kinh Vietnamese and Southern China is Vietnamese land blah blah blah....So the most logical way to debunk this BS is to point out that Vietnamese are Mon-Khmer, not Tai-kadai (Zhuang ancestors) or Cantonese (Han Chinese) who lived in the vicinity of North Vietnam and southern china.

Last edited:
LOL nearly every academic study out there will say that Vietnamese language is part of mon-khmer. All you have written are just random words. Back up your mumble jumble with academic sources please.

It sounds like you are a oversea viet the way you talk trying to imitate african-american. Seems like we got an oversea Viet with insecurity here.

If you are really from north VN like you said before, then answer this question:

Most oversea Viets wont know how to answer this. So if you really a Vietnamese from VN, then answer that question. Otherwise if you turn out to be an oversea Viet with an insecurity issue, then Im gonna have to start make fun of you here.

You think I am that dumb to expose my personal information on this forum? Who knows what it used for. You said you have Khmer heritage is that right? So you must worship Chinese daddy like them. 30z6794

Being living in northern or from northern does not make you true Viet. Whole load of northern Vietnamese where Hmong, Tai, Zhuang ethnic mixing assimilated for centuries. Best is to check your family tree how long you were living in Vietnam. The royalist Nguyen the last dynasty of Vietnam were not born in northern, what guarantee them being Vietnamese were their lineage for thousand or centuries living in Vietnam.

Your comrades like to attack Chinese people. Sometimes I let it pass, this time I choose to response. My right to debunk their BS is no lesser than your right to make conjecture. Debunking their BS is not what you called tit-for-tat. That would mean going down to their level, inventing stuff to smear.

Why I brought up Mon-Khmer? Their entire BS is based along this premise that Cantonese are not Chinese but sinicized relatives of Kinh Vietnamese and Southern China is Vietnamese land blah blah blah....So the most logical way to debunk this BS is to point out that Vietnamese are Mon-Khmer, not Tai-kadai (Zhuang ancestors) or Cantonese (Han Chinese) who lived in the vicinity of North Vietnam and southern china.
You must be doing construction worker in China or something because Your IQ and knowledge is of 50. Viet already pointed out the problems in your knowledge. Mon-Khmer is not a race nor an ethnic, it is language classification. And for those who classified Vietnamese language in mon-khmer does not right either. Have you heard of Vietic language which Viet already pointed out. Here we speak about facts, I attack no one, you Chinese just can't take it. What I said always comes from source of intelligent, knowledgeable.

Yoro, let me know where I can find mon-khmer people, with mon-khmer language, mon-khmer history, mon-khmer cultures and custom in north vietnam as I want to visit them. With you. Pls don't come back to me with excuses as "go looking for academic sources" or "insecurity" or "exile vietnamese" or other stuffs.

Last edited:
You think I am that dumb to expose my personal information on this forum? Who knows what it used for. You said you have Khmer heritage is that right? So you must worship Chinese daddy like them. 30z6794

Being living in northern or from northern does not make you true Viet. Whole load of northern Vietnamese where Hmong, Tai, Zhuang ethnic mixing assimilated for centuries. Best is to check your family tree how long you were living in Vietnam. The royalist Nguyen the last dynasty of Vietnam were not born in northern, what guarantee them being Vietnamese were their lineage for thousand or centuries living in Vietnam.

Thanks, you have just confirmed that you are an oversea Vietnamese and dont live in VN.

I am out right now so I cant give a long explanation. But what I asked you is not any personal details. When you put in googletranslate, my questions will look like i asked for your number plate, but thats not what i was asking you for. It is just a trick question.

If you live VN, you will understand that Im only asking you a slang number for your province, because every province has the same first 2 numbers on a license plate. Ask @JaiMin he can explain. Like I can say tao la dan 15/16, and Jaimin will know what I mean. This is just a slang that VN youth use. You dont know this and you have misread my question because you dont live in VN, as I have guessed.

And no, I don’t have any Khmer/Cambodian heritage. Learn to read first, I said Vietnamese is Mon-khmer. Khmer is also part of the Mon-Khmer branch. So if you are a real Viet, you are also under this Mon-Khmer umberella.

Yoro, let me know where I can find mon-khmer people, with mon-khmer language, mon-khmer history, mon-khmer cultures and custom in north vietnam as I want to visit them. With you. Pls don't come back to me with excuses as "go looking for academic sources" or "insecurity" or "exile vietnamese" or other stuffs.

Vietnamese belong to the Mon-Khmer branch. The Kinh’s language is a Mon-Khmer language.

Half of your questions does not make any sense...you are not knowledgeable in this area. Its like when you said Zhuang and the Tai-kadai are different, which does not make any sense at all if you know what Zhuang and Tai-kadai means.

But I dont really care about this issue. Both of you are oversea Vietnamese and you guys generally have different mentally to Viets in VN and your views does not affects the country so I dont really care what your view is and dont really care about this thread so this will be my last reply here.

PS. I am now currently studying oversea and have interacted with oversea Vietnamese people so what I said about the differences between native Viets and oversea Viets are from my personal observation. Most of oversea Viets do have insecurity issue and generally want to identify with Chinese culture or seek acceptance from them.

Remember, you used to always wanted to find acceptance from the Chinese members here on PDF and even attacked me and BoQ77 and called us trolls. But you eventually lost your temperament and changed your rhetorics entirely when the Chinese repetitively refused to accept you. But deep down, you still want to find acceptance from them. You still reveal your excitement whenever some Chinese member makes a small compliment about VN. Part of the reason you keep denying the fact that Vietnamese is Mon-Khmer is because you still want to be associated with the Chinese. That is all.

you make one claim "Vietnamese belong to the Mon-Khmer", but don´t back it with any explanations or sources. Zero. I spend times to search online and post here, while you nothing, just citing "I´m exile vietnamese" to discredit me. Everything.

yoro, you are dumb. I have nothing to say more. I hope when going oversea, you get more ideas, opening your eyes. but now you disappoint me.

Last edited:
You must be doing construction worker in China or something because Your IQ and knowledge is of 50. Viet already pointed out the problems in your knowledge. Mon-Khmer is not a race nor an ethnic, it is language classification. And for those who classified Vietnamese language in mon-khmer does not right either. Have you heard of Vietic language which Viet already pointed out. Here we speak about facts, I attack no one, you Chinese just can't take it. What I said always comes from source of intelligent, knowledgeable.

My poor spastic fren, anyone who's familiar with the term Mon-khmer knows what it means. I use mon-khmer here no differently from how I use Tai-kadai. Mon-khmer speaking people in short Mon-khmer or Mon-khmer people. Nowhere did I say you are Khmer. It was you two imbeciles that got all defensive and worked up, trying tirelessly to disassociate yourself with Khmer.:rofl:
( @Viet, this replies your earlier post as well)

Same language group doesn't mean same ethnicity, but common ancient ancestry.
My objective is to debunk your comrade BS. So i wouldn't go further least you get another Khmer heart attack.:sarcastic:

Last edited:
My poor spastic fren, anyone who's familiar with the term Mon-khmer knows what it means. I use mon-khmer here no differently from how I use Tai-kadai. Mon-khmer speaking people in short Mon-khmer or Mon-khmer people. Nowhere did I say you are Khmer. It was you two imbeciles that got all defensive and worked up, trying tirelessly to disassociate yourself with Khmer.:rofl: ( @Viet, this replies your earlier post as well)

My objective is to debunk your comrade BS, which I had done. I wouldn't go further into the subject least you get another heart attack.
none. you, yoro and other delusional chinese posters love bullshit.

I can start to say "vietnam is a holy land, vietnamese are chosen people by God". and if you ask me how can it be then I´ll tell you "as you are an exile chinese", hence have no credibility at all.

Last edited:

Nói chuyện ngu đỡ đéo được , dựa vào đâu mà nói người Việt có liên hệ với bọn Khmer ? Đã sai mà cứ cho là đúng, mà còn áp đặt suy nghĩ lên người khác và tự cho mình là đại diện của người Việt .
Từ miên / mọi ở đâu ra? là của vua chúa người Việt ám chỉ bọn Khờ me chứ ai . Bố cần đéo gì google translate, muốn số xe thì thiếu đéo gì ngoài đường, có ngu mới post thông tin cá nhân trên cái diễn đàn này . Ngố .
you make one claim "Vietnamese belong to the Mon-Khmer", but don´t back it with any explanations or sources. Zero. I spend times to search online and post here, while you nothing, just citing "I´m exile vietnamese" to discredit me. Everything.

yoro, you are dumb. I have nothing to say more. I hope when going oversea, you get more ideas, opening your eyes. but now you disappoint me.
The Khmer, was considered barbarian of South by Ming Mang emperor of Nguyen Dynasty. Ming Mang forced these Khmer wear custom Viet and live like the Viet, introduce the advanced agriculture to these Khmer. Truong Minh Giang (Minh Huong descend) was Ming Mang general was known cruel to the Khmer, he used Khmer as meat shield to train troop.

This is what is on Wiki
With the rise of the Nguyễn Dynasty in the early 19th century, southern Vietnam came under tighter control of the Court. The Vietnamese emperor Minh Mạng (1820–41) took the paternalistic views that the Khmers were backwards and ordered his general Trương Minh Giảng to "civilize" the "barbarian" Cambodians. Cambodia itself was brought under Vietnamese control with the occupation of Phnom Penh. Truong reported back: "we have decided that Cambodian officials only know how to bribe and be bribed. Offices are sold. Nobody carries out orders; everyone works for his own account".[4] A policy of cultural Vietnamization ("Nhat Thi Dong Nhan") was imposed, forcing Khmers to adopt Vietnamese attire, names and language.

Vietnamese was never a part of Khmer culture nor have any connection with Khmer in the beginning. Whoever said Vietnamese related to Khmer must have the brain of 2 years old kid.

This Yoro not only he made false claim that Vietnamese relate to Khmer, also he trashed talk Vietnamese true brother Lao and Zhuang.The Zhuang (muong) and Lao (Tai Dam) were among people who live and fight along side with
Vietnamese since ancient time.

Dien Bien Phu victory was greatly contributed by those Tai, Muong, Hmong ethnics. ngu đỡ đéo được

If you live VN, you will understand that Im only asking you a slang number for your province, because every province has the same first 2 numbers on a license plate. Ask @JaiMin he can explain. Like I can say tao la dan 15/16, and Jaimin will know what I mean. This is just a slang that VN youth use. You dont know this and you have misread my question because you dont live in VN, as I have guessed.

And no, I don’t have any Khmer/Cambodian heritage. Learn to read first, I said Vietnamese is Mon-khmer. Khmer is also part of the Mon-Khmer branch. So if you are a real Viet, you are also under this Mon-Khmer umberella.

PS. I am now currently studying oversea and have interacted with oversea Vietnamese people so what I said about the differences between native Viets and oversea Viets are from my personal observation. Most of oversea Viets do have insecurity issue and generally want to identify with Chinese culture or seek acceptance from them.

Remember, you used to always wanted to find acceptance from the Chinese members here on PDF and even attacked me and BoQ77 and called us trolls. But you eventually lost your temperament and changed your rhetorics entirely when the Chinese repetitively refused to accept you. But deep down, you still want to find acceptance from them. You still reveal your excitement whenever some Chinese member makes a small compliment about VN. Part of the reason you keep denying the fact that Vietnamese is Mon-Khmer is because you still want to be associated with the Chinese. That is all.

Vietnamese was never a part of Khmer culture nor have any connection with Khmer in the beginning. Whoever said Vietnamese related to Khmer must have the brain of 2 years old kid.

This Yoro not only he made false claim that Vietnamese relate to Khmer, also he trashed talk Vietnamese true brother Lao and Zhuang.The Zhuang (muong) and Lao (Tai Dam) were among people who live and fight along side with

Dien Bien Phu victory was greatly contributed by those Tai, Muong, Hmong ethnics. ngu đỡ đéo được

First, i think you guy got off topic from the title of the thread
Second, Khmer was also minority ethnic in Vietnam, there are nearly 2 million of them in our country, so don't insult them pls. Vietnam was multi-ethnic country, more than 73% Kinh and the rest is minority, so every ethnic got their relationship and influence with each other, it is a mutual road

About our languages, genetic and origin, i suggest you guy create an account for this forum and join the discussion, [a lot of rational Asian members (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Philippine, Thai, Cambodia, Laos,....) there, forum policy is strict and you got 1 or 2 month ban, so there are very few trolls or personal attack, forum is more about discussion between Asia culture, origin and history, so very few politics topic]

History of Kinh

Chinese language that is closest to Vietnamese

@Yorozuya
have some discussion with Doraemon, she is fun:lol::lol::lol:

Oh I get it now, that site whole load worshiping Chinese over there. No wonder, yoro came here in resistance, and by claiming Viet is Khmer heritage. Viet is Viet, Khmer is Khmer, Chinese is Chinese.

Who cares about Khmer minority think, they generally dont like us anyway. They and the like Sam rainsy and Pol pot is one pact. Maybe you should go to Cambodia to see the Viet being treated there. You will be proud to be their brother.

During Nguyen Dynasty, both the MingXi, and the Zhuang worked under Nguyen Dynasty. The Khmer was just newly added ethnic being conquered without the French intervention, there would be no Khmer to even discuss with.

@ComradeNam is North Vietnamese, while @Yorozuya (formerly known as Black Flag) is South Vietnamese.

You guys don't even belong to the same race, so what is the point to become a single country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom