What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Dont worry. Im sure such preps and plans are ready. Turkish drones were scouting Aleppo frontlines, just yesterday I caugt one on that app circling around Tal Rifat and suroandings. And units in those obs point warent exactly observing birds for months :) ... and with recent MIT operations, one can conclude that Turkey has inteligence assets deep inside regime teritory..

What I'm worried is the status of idlib airspace if ASSad start his offensive... Will be interesting to see who will be allowed to fly in...Will Russia let ASSad and block Turkey or block them both or let them both...

What I'm worried is the status of idlib airspace if ASSad start his offensive... Will be interesting to see who will be allowed to fly in...Will Russia let ASSad and block Turkey or block them both or let them both...

Will see. But if Turkey deploys HAWKS... even russians will think twice. RuAF has about 30 planes, Turkey can mobilize over 50, as they demonstrated during Afrin and North Iraq opps. Not to mention that many of regime bases are in range of turkish Artillery and missile lunchers.. I mean, Turkey just using arillery can oblitarate every regime Airbase in Aleppo region in metter of minutes from its own teritory. Hama bases arent out of the reach eather.

Will see. But if Turkey deploys HAWKS... even russians will think twice. RuAF has about 30 planes, Turkey can mobilize over 50, as they demonstrated during Afrin and North Iraq opps. Not to mention that many of regime bases are in range of turkish Artillery and missile lunchers.. I mean, Turkey just using arillery can oblitarate every regime Airbase in Aleppo region in metter of minutes from its own teritory. Hama bases arent out of the reach eather.

Yes, But TR gonna need to check who is flying or not, It's not like they can afford striking another RU plane in the process...
And Since TR forces are on ground... Letting ASSad using his own planes will also be problematic...

So, Will see how things work out "IF" Offensive is indeed happening.
But , One thing is sure...It Will be an headache for everyone...

The Thing is that without Air Support... ASSad is weak... and could end up losing ground... Therefore Blocking the Airspace for everyone will be like shooting at yourself...

Indeed. They had little choice. Practicly sold out by US and Jordan. This offensive if lunched could easly turn chatastrophic for the regime, esspecially if Turkey gets more heavily involved. For exmp cordinated action of TFSA forces in Northern Aleppo fronts ( Afrin, Azaz, Al Bab) with Idlib rebel forces could overhelm and collapse regime defences qaround Aleppo city..

Indeed. This offensive if lunched could easly turn chatastrophic for the regime, esspecially if Turkey gets more heavily involved. For exmp cordinated action of TFSA forces in Northern Aleppo fronts ( Afrin, Azaz, Al Bab) with Idlib rebel forces could overhelm regime defences qaround Aleppo city..

The airspace status will play greatly in the result of the offensive.
Basically if the airspace is restricted for everyone... Then it's the worst scenario for ASSad...without it, it's Pre-RU involvement all over again.
Since I don't see Airstrikes happening in the Offensive, when TR is literally involved on the ground...

ASSad is right now not really prioritized... Without RU green light and therefore the "advantages" that comes with it... He's basically corned and have High chances to fail his offensive, but will mostly lose ground to rebels...

Therefore ASSad si praying right now that TR-RU relation deteriorate and/or Infighting happen in Idlib... S the Psychological warfare is The Alpha strategy right now...

Olive green = HTS
Green = Syrian Liberation Front/JTS/FSA

upload_2018-9-16_18-23-35.png

Back
Top Bottom