What's new

Turkey to supply Israel with coronavirus protective equipment – report

Big Tank

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey to supply Israel with coronavirus protective equipment – report
Jerusalem denies Turkish claims of humanitarian assistance and connection of aid to Palestinians, says deal purely commercial

By TOI STAFF
10 Apr 2020, 2:08 pm 2

In this handout photo provided by the Turkish Defense Ministry, North Macedonian officials unload Personal Protection Equipment donated by Turkey to help the country combat the coronavirus outbreak, April 8, 2020. (Turkish Defence Ministry via AP)
shares
Turkey is supplying personal protective equipment to Israel, including surgical masks, overalls and sterile gloves to help the country fight the coronavirus outbreak, Bloomberg reported Thursday.

The report quoted an unnamed senior Turkish official as saying that Ankara had approved the sale of medical equipment to Israel for humanitarian reasons and that Jerusalem would reciprocate by allowing similar Turkish aid to the Palestinians.

However, Israeli sources told the Hebrew-language Ynet news site that the report was inaccurate — that the deal was commercial, not humanitarian, in nature and that there was no connection to aid to the Palestinians.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories FREE SIGN UP
According to Bloomberg, the Turkish official said that three planes from Israel were to have landed Thursday at the Incirlik air base, which is also home to a US Air Force contingent, to pick up the cargo. The official said Turkey would donate medical aid to the Palestinians within the next few days.

Relations between Israel and Turkey soured after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan took power in 2003 and hit a nadir in 2010 after the Mavi Marmara incident, in which Israeli commandos boarded a ship trying to break the maritime blockade of Gaza and killed 10 Turks after coming under attack with clubs and iron bars.

Despite the souring of ties, trade — with the exception of military sales — between the two former strategic allies has remained robust. Turkey was Israel’s No.7 export destination in 2019.

Turkey has provided protective equipment to over a dozen nations hard hit by the coronavirus crisis, including to five Balkan countries, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Turkey’s own COVID-19 death toll has continued to rise. The country recorded 96 deaths on April 9, taking the total toll to 908, with the number of confirmed cases increasing by 4,056 to 42,282, according to figures released by the health ministry in Ankara.

Khameni is a bigger Messiah than him, claims to talk to the Imam Mahdi in a tunnel and know secrets from him. Why you don't tell him to stop too?

Well this topic isn't about Khameini so why'd I mention him? I'd gladly post about Iran if they'd have sent supplies to Israel. Btw, do hit me up when you authenticate your claim about Khameini's words of meeting Imam in a tunnel or anywhere else.

You're just like a person who'd always bring up something to compare. Attempts to evade.

Finally someone said. Please explain this to our countrymen. I beg you.
While you complain about Erdogan acting like Messiah, why don't the rest of the world help one another instead of accusing and blaming us? Didn't your politicians ever made moves for the domestic politics?

This is what we do:
EVip9MsUYAAghqF.jpg

Turkey sends planeloads of coronavirus emergency equipment to the UK to help medics on the
frontline

Coronavirus UK: Turkey sends planeloads of emergency equipment | Daily Mail Online
Turkey to supply Israel with coronavirus protective equipment - report | The Times of Israel

This is what rest of the world has been doing:
France seizes millions of masks, gloves intended for Spain ...

www.dailysabah.com › europe

States smuggle COVID-19 medical supplies to avoid federal ...

www.salon.com › 2020/04/21

Well this topic isn't about Khameini so why'd I mention him? I'd gladly post about Iran if they'd have sent supplies to Israel. Btw, do hit me up when you authenticate your claim about Khameini's words of meeting Imam in a tunnel or anywhere else.

You're just like a person who'd always bring up something to compare. Attempts to evade.

You opened the topic because Erdogan competes with Iranian interests, primarily in Syria, and it bugs you, so you need to resort to character assassination of him. I am bothered how you don't get upset by Iranian leadership at all but everything else upsets you. Forget about Israel, how about Iraq or Yemen or Syria, you see nothing wrong whatsoever with Iran's policies in these nations.

And you see nothing wrong with Khameni who claims to be descendant of Prophet and claims himself as leader of Islam in Middle East. His ideology says you can ask Imam Mahdi for things and he will answer. He congrulate Imam Mahdi on 'marytrdom of Solimeni', implying that Imam Mahdi recieved him in Jannah and he was informed of this somehow(I'm guessing by the Imam himself):

Source: Khameni Twitter Page:

We congratulate Imam Mahdi (‘a.j.) & Soleimani’s pure soul& condole the Iranian nation on this great martyrdom. He was an eminent example of a person trained in Islam. He spent all his life in struggling for God. Martyrdom was the reward for his tireless efforts over the years./2

Well this topic isn't about Khameini so why'd I mention him? I'd gladly post about Iran if they'd have sent supplies to Israel.

Whether they sold supplies to Israel or not, I don't know, but I know some of this supplies went to Gaza and West Bank. But it has to be sent to Israel first because they control borders and customs and nothing enters Gaza or West Bank without their permission.

Turkey has sent aid to 57 countries so far from the 88 countries have requested it. Yet you are here bashing these efforts and put it under the premise of President of Turkey as if Turkey does not have a history of providing aid. This is Turkey's best form of soft power diplomacy.

In the meantime, Israel is making an excuse and closing all covid-19 centers meant for Palestinian patients. I have no intention to blame Turks for this nor ME. I just want to say that I want to die right now after looking at such painful scenario.
But hey, this is not the only dagger cutting my nerves every second as situation in Kashmir is worse as well. I am seeing so much injustice and feeling helpless that I can just pray to God for this nightmare to get over and men starts to act like privileged and truly evolved human beings and show some humanity to even those against whom they are in the state of war and respect international laws.
Whoops!! I should continue to act as professional and cowardly sugarcoat injustice in the form of diplomacy and doctrines or else I will be isolated, considered as emotional fool and not to forget someone who is not progressive.

regards

How about Erdogan stops acting like a Messiah then.
We have been telling this to you for god knows how long, money is always Nr.1 priority.
These are good will gestures and political moves. Turkey leveraged the equipment to get equipment to the Palestinians
Well Israeli side denies that palestinians were involved.

You opened the topic because Erdogan competes with Iranian interests, primarily in Syria, and it bugs you, so you need to resort to character assassination of him. I am bothered how you don't get upset by Iranian leadership at all but everything else upsets you. Forget about Israel, how about Iraq or Yemen or Syria, you see nothing wrong whatsoever with Iran's policies in these nations.

And you see nothing wrong with Khameni who claims to be descendant of Prophet and claims himself as leader of Islam in Middle East. His ideology says you can ask Imam Mahdi for things and he will answer. He congrulate Imam Mahdi on 'marytrdom of Solimeni', implying that Imam Mahdi recieved him in Jannah and he was informed of this somehow(I'm guessing by the Imam himself):

Source: Khameni Twitter Page:

We congratulate Imam Mahdi (‘a.j.) & Soleimani’s pure soul& condole the Iranian nation on this great martyrdom. He was an eminent example of a person trained in Islam. He spent all his life in struggling for God. Martyrdom was the reward for his tireless efforts over the years./2

Whether they sold supplies to Israel or not, I don't know, but I know some of this supplies went to Gaza and West Bank. But it has to be sent to Israel first because they control borders and customs and nothing enters Gaza or West Bank without their permission.
Our prayers and best wishes are with the Palestinian people!

Back
Top Bottom