What's new

Turkey Almost Went to War With Israel

But Israel has a perfect record of decisive victories in all of its war.I already conceded Turkey is lot more powerful than Israel.But how can you counter a nation that spend 25% of its GDP to defence ,only to create more advanced military technology ?
Besides they have an intelligence agency Mossad having a reputation of decisive efficiency that help Israel in all of its wars.How can you counter them?

Israel spends its entire budget on its defence ?? :)

You talk about 1967, and you forget the 1973 war where Israel faced annihilation (Words of Golda Meir) and mossad with its decisive efficiency like they want you to call it, was deceived.
You also forget 2006 war in Lebanon where Israel faced a maximum of 5000 Hizbollah soldiers with all its 'might', 150 000 soldiers with the best units it has (lost one totally), lost around a 100 of the supposedly best tank in the world, a highly sophisticated ship, many helicopters, and at the end lost that war completely and had to retreat.
You can believe what you want, but no one can fool muslims about their own capacities now adays.
I invite anyone to study the 1967 war and find out that if Egypt wanted to use a preemptive strike against Israel at that time, no one will see israel on the map as it is today or having a very small place inside Palestine.
Satellite photos, and spies from France, Britain and the US and their interests were the main reasons allowing "Israeli" (very debatable, US, russian, syrian and Egyptian sources) preemptive strike on the more than 400 advanced fighter aircrafts of the Egyptian air forces, the strongest in the middle east at that time.

2006 Lebanon War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I dont know this wikipedia states otherwise .
But 1973 war was a shock treatment for Israel.Still they win that war and opponents are two powerful countries simultaneously attack Israel at that time.
But here we are talking about a scenario of Turkey only Turkey vs Israel.Turkey's problem is they dont fight a serious war after WW2 ,like Israel did.Both are Western influenced countries but I think Israel also has some advantage.

Israel spends its entire budget on its defence ?? :)

That is unofficial date somewhere I read .But that also includes their overall expense includes intelligence.

2006 Lebanon War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I dont know this wikipedia states otherwise .
But 1973 war was a shock treatment for Israel.Still they win that war and opponents are two powerful countries simultaneously attack Israel at that time.
But here we are talking about a scenario of Turkey only Turkey vs Israel.Turkey's problem is they dont fight a serious war after WW2 ,like Israel did.Both are Western influenced countries but I think Israel also has some advantage.
Turkish forces fought in Korea war as the spearhead of NATO forces and was the last to leave, covering the same same NATO forces withdrawal.
Ask NATO countries about the Turkish soldiers, after getting their comments (that you can Google), you will change your perceptions. Israel, its soldiers and defense institutions are myths created in the media, which is controlled by Zionists.
Turkish soldiers and Turkey are real. You don't measure real with myth as it was proven in 2006 war in southern Lebanon.
Turkey knows that some of its NATO allies are not to be trusted, when it comes to supporting it (as an official ally) against Israel, for whatever reasons they might come up with. So Turkey has other cards in her sleeves.

Last edited:
Yeap i noticed... but why ?

Israel is perceived as "REALY" hard on Muslims...even more so than United States.

Indians, specially Youth of India, loves that.

I was talking to one of my Indian professor of history here, and he told me that in recent decades, the image of "Muslim invader" has been romanticized and spread throughout the Indian education system...

Indians hate Muslims, specially young one's....

Go to their largest defence forums, they have a whole sticky section on "India's Muslim problem" ....

:rolleyes:

(I can give you exact link if you want..but I'm not sure if we can put links of other defence forums here)

Israel is perceived as "REALY" hard on Muslims...even more so than United States.

Indians, specially Youth of India, loves that.

I was talking to one of my Indian professor of history here, and he told me that in recent decades, the image of "Muslim invader" has been romanticized and spread throughout the Indian education system...

Indians hate Muslims, specially young one's....

Go to their largest defence forums, they have a whole sticky section on "India's Muslim problem" ....

:rolleyes:

(I can give you exact link if you want..but I'm not sure if we can put links of other defence forums here)

India has great relations with almost every muslim country except one :D

India has great relations with almost every muslim country except one :D

india is a very insignificant and irrelevant country globally. So it barely has any 'relations' why anyone. Saudis and Persians might sell your their oil and use your people as cheap labor. Thats it.

Two Muslim-majority countries that india really has "relations" with are Bangladesh and Pakistan..and both these nations see india as an aggressive, hegemonic power who harms peace in the region.

Ask Pakistanis and Bengalis here on this forum.

india is a very insignificant and irrelevant country globally. So it barely has any 'relations' why anyone. Saudis and Persians might sell your their oil and use your people as cheap labor. Thats it.

Two Muslim-majority countries that india really has "relations" with are Bangladesh and Pakistan..and both these nations see india as an aggressive, hegemonic power who harms peace in the region.

WHat do you mean by "barely has any relations"? What else do you expect? Strange logic :lol: We all know about India-Pakistan relationship. I'll admit we have bad blood between us but how do you make the leap that Indians hate muslims from this? Use your head

Spot on! :tup:

@Juice

You are from US... world's sole superpower.

Let's swap our countries location and assume there are no Nukes in any countries arsenal. Then try to fight against Arab countries, Combined Balkan Countries, Britain & France and all of their pawn states plus Russia.
I know you guys had it hard...did what you could with what you had, and are in a rough neighborhood. I was just trying to add a little perspective.

A challenging question: If for some reason, Israel launches an attack on Turkey or considered as aggressor in a war, will NATO and U.S especially, come to help Turkey, as their responsibility in NATO?
We would have too. But While I don't think Turkey could take out Israel, neither do I think Israel could do much to Turkey. And why? They share no border and the US would nix it.

Israel are able to defend his land against Turkey, but doesn't capacity to enter Turkey.
Exactly

Last edited:
The thing is, the relations never really ended. Chest-thumping aside, the trade between Israel and Turkey increased by two-fold, if not more.

Besides. This is not a genuine apology by Israel. Listen to the words of Netanyahu and you will understand. He says he "regrets" what happened. But that is a very ambiguous statement. Especially since Israel has always maintained that Turkey was in the wrong, so maybe Nutyaho is indirectly saying he regret that Turkey did what it did.
It would be another thing if Nutyahoo said something like "we were wrong and we're sorry". That's entirely different and there is no ambiguity in that.

Hell even Israeli member 500 says himself that he believes Israel was right but support apology anyway.
Does that even mane sense?!

When you apologize you do it when you think you did something wrong and want to make amends. How can you be sorry if you dont think you were wrong?

Basically he thinks Israel was right to kill 9 Turks in international waters, but still support to say some words (that does not mean anything) to shut you guys up. :disagree:

About money being paid. Please....
Israel is the recipient of 3 billion dollards US aid anually, and a bunch of other aid from Germany etc.

Israel is not really paying any price. Turkey should not put up with such crap from a small country like Israel.

The thing is, the relations never really ended. Chest-thumping aside, the trade between Israel and Turkey increased by two-fold, if not more.

Besides. This is not a genuine apology by Israel. Listen to the words of Netanyahu and you will understand. He says he "regrets" what happened. But that is a very ambiguous statement. Especially since Israel has always maintained that Turkey was in the wrong, so maybe Nutyaho is indirectly saying he regret that Turkey did what it did.
It would be another thing if Nutyahoo said something like "we were wrong and we're sorry". That's entirely different and there is no ambiguity in that.

Hell even Israeli member 500 says himself that he believes Israel was right but support apology anyway.

When you apologize you do it when you think you did something wrong and want to make amends. How can you be sorry if you dont think you were wrong?

Basically he thinks Israel was right to kill 9 Turks in international waters, but still support to say some words (that does not mean anything) to shut you guys up. :disagree:

Israel is the recipient of 3 billion dollards US aid anually, and a bunch of other aid from Germany etc.

Israel is not really paying any price. Turkey should not put up with such crap from a small country like Israel.

Doesn't matter if they were sincere or not. In diplomacy apology means something. It has strengthened Turkey's hand in international arena, and made reconciliation between the two country possible. This is probably why some Israelis supported the apology despite believing that they were right.

It is all posturing for influence. Neither could do much against the other. Don't get me wrong....long range posturing for influence IS important. (ps....when I say neither could do much against the other....I mean in a strategic sense...any fight would still be bloody and ugly)

Back
Top Bottom