What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

@Joe Shearer i said what I did because if it were the other way round with Indians pretending to be Pakistanis and creating trends, I would not trust any Indian to have the best interests of Pakistan at heart. It would be silly for Pakistanis to join because sooner or later these fake accounts will be outed and the backlash will make things worse.
@Shantanu_Left - Mr. Left, you are an ardent supporter of Ghandi whose main philosophies was the strength of truth. And that truth always wins eventually.
As I said, eventually these false accounts will be outed ruining the reputations of those poor Pakistanis who listened to you.
glorify the ideas not the man - make sense?

@Joe Shearer i said what I did because if it were the other way round with Indians pretending to be Pakistanis and creating trends, I would not trust any Indian to have the best interests of Pakistan at heart. It would be silly for Pakistanis to join because sooner or later these fake accounts will be outed and the backlash will make things worse.

It's weird, but I was just discussing this precise, exact point with a friend.

glorify the ideas not the man - make sense?

I'm glad you said that. That's what some of those who were commenting so nastily about Gandhi should have remembered (it's not about you, I'm using a striking phrase of yours to make a point). They should have attacked the ideas, not the man.

@Verve

Come on, man. I'm not trolling. I really want to talk to you right now, right here. What's with you for being so prickly?

I said I regret what happened a few days ago.

RESPOND HERE

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

Mehrbani karke apne dosta @Verve nu daso ki mainu apnian pichli comments da afsos hai. Mai sachi gal dasan, aur das kay kudi vanga acting karna band karay...main usa nal dosti karna chahda han :woot:

Sure thing, buddy. Here you go:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a voluntary code of conduct that participating Indian members have agreed to abide by. Indian members of PDF are not required to follow it as a rule; only those who find it relevant and progressive, and pertinent to our participation in a forum managed by citizens of another country, may do so.

There are no penalties; there are no strictures or admonitions. This code is an aspirational code, and is for those who wish to participate in a wholesome manner, devoid of hostile exchanges, without trolling other posts or thread, and without attacks on the personal attributes of other members.

The code has articles that are recommended. It has additional articles that are suggested. It will be circulated for comments, and for endorsement; once ten members have endorsed it, we who have endorsed it will seek to follow it.

1. We will not abuse another member’s religion.
  2. We will not use unprintable language, referring to somebody’s post, to the person making the post, to the person’s views.
  3. We will not use abusive common labels for other Indian members such as
    1. Sanghi
    2. Bhakt
    3. Sickular
    4. Libtard
    5. Jihadi (for Muslims)
  4. We will not abuse women, the LGBT community or the mentally and physically handicapped.
  5. We will refrain from hostile remarks about people from different regions of India or from other countries.
  6. We will not quote from any publication or from electronic media without citing the source. We will give preference to published books, peer-reviewed articles or research papers from reputable think-tanks when originating a thread
  7. We will not question a member’s nationality without reasonable cause and without evidence greater than our personal suspicion.
In addition, it is suggested that members following the code avoid the following patterns of behaviour.
  1. We will not celebrate the death of another human being, even those who are killed by Indian security forces in the course of violent armed protests against the Indian state;
    1. It may be less abrasive to note the incident without adjectives or coloration of any kind.
  2. We will not celebrate any apparent success in war or armed conflict by India over any other, until the matter is concluded.
    1. On conclusion, we will try to use facts published by reliable print or electronic media.
    2. We will list unreliable sources from any reasonable point of view, and members will be requested not to cite these unreliable sources.
    3. We will respond to contrary claims by a simple statement of fact, and by mentioning that the matter is still in dispute.
  3. We will not report assumed superiority of Indian forces over others without evidence.
    1. The stronger the statement claiming superiority, the stronger ought to be the evidence and its sources.
  4. We will not respond to provocation by another member, Indian or other.
    1. The provocation will be reported to the Moderators using the report button immediately.
    2. In case of grave provocation, a common effort will be made to bring it to the immediate notice of the Moderators.
  5. We will not enter into arguments about the wars and armed conflicts between India and any other country without sufficient information on the subject, and will ask other Indian members for factual support wherever necessary.
The initial set of members to agree to subscribe to this code voluntarily will elect a three-person group to remind subscribing members about violations of the recommendations, or violations of the suggestions. The member concerned may decide how to react to these reminders.

Subscription to the code is open to all known Indian members.

Amended and updated on the 15th July at 20:00 HRS.

Please put the following link into your signature so all Indian members can access the CODE OF CONDUCT.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/some-duties-of-indian-members-of-this-forum.675580/page-44

Sanghi?? CoC? Where? @Joe Shearer

I read this with great amusement.

All you can do or I can do is to remind the man about the CoC.

Great news, guys. I think the forum has returned back to normal. Leaving aside a few minor distractions, it seems most of us are adhering to the CoC.

Continue reporting any violations here. But also remember this thread is also for good-natured fun, but don't distract from the core topic too much.

@Joe Shearer @xeuss @jamahir @The_Showstopper @Mad Scientist 2.0
@TheGreatMaratha @DalalErMaNodi

and any other users I have forgotten who want to join the CoC are welcome

Would you like to re-join it? You just violated it twice, on the Islamic countries and vaccine thread.

The code covers our attitude towards everybody, every member, not towards other Indians, or other Pakistanis, or any exclusive group whatsoever.

But you persist in your illogical quest to abuse and humiliate Pakistanis. It's a violation of our Code of Conduct for Indian posters to act in bad faith with respect to our Pakistani brethren here. Read the full draft in my signature.

Your post is also in violation. Just sayin'.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Just reminding you, the code is in place, and it is for you to observe it. Or not.

I read this with great amusement.

All you can do or I can do is to remind the man about the CoC.

Would you like to re-join it? You just violated it twice, on the Islamic countries and vaccine thread.

The code covers our attitude towards everybody, every member, not towards other Indians, or other Pakistanis, or any exclusive group whatsoever.

Your post is also in violation. Just sayin'.

1. @sms
  2. @The BrOkEn HeArT
  3. @jamahir
  4. @meghdut
  5. @KhanBaba2
  6. @Krptonite
  7. @The_Showstopper
  8. @jbgt90
  9. @Mad Scientist 2.0
  10. @xeuss
  11. @Dustom999
  12. @Syama Ayas
  13. @Joe Shearer
  14. @Shantanu_Left
Just reminding you, the code is in place, and it is for you to observe it. Or not.

Sure thing. Can we belatedly edit the clause of not mentioning anyone as Sanghi/Bhakt... that's the only small change I request....there are situations where no word really describes some of the users. I honestly don't use that expression to describe any of the 14 users who have agreed to the CoC.

Don't want to be called a Bhakt/Sanghi...sign a pledge to the CoC, put it on your signature like this user did @cloud4000 If you can adhere to a CoC, then it means you're automatically not a Sanghi. Congratulations!

Some blatant violators are consistently deserving of the "Sanghi" appellation because of their hideous forum-violating posts. For example, this Dreamer11 got banned for suggesting something very illegal.

@xeuss and @jamahir -- we are putting this to vote, should Sanghi and Bhakt words be removed from the CoC requirements except for those who signed and pledged the CoC?

Sanghi...Sanghi...Sanghi....nothing else really describes some of these most common trolls such as "The Broken Heart", "Bagheera" etc.

Back
Top Bottom